Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Wow Muffin are you okay hun? PM if you need a chat. xx

Yay, Wrestlemania! :D I'd say the bf and his friends are like children haha. They're all huge fans of The Rock. He's looking very well I must say. Yum yum. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

Yay, Wrestlemania! :D I'd say the bf and his friends are like children haha. They're all huge fans of The Rock. He's looking very well I must say. Yum yum. ;)

he looks great for 40

Yes he does... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Made it to Melbourne in one piece anyway :D Been here two days and having a great time, is absolutely amazing to be back with my boyfriend again and love love love our apartment!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

akamossy wrote: »
    Made it to Melbourne in one piece anyway :D Been here two days and having a great time, is absolutely amazing to be back with my boyfriend again and love love love our apartment!!

think we should organise a tLL roadtrip to Melbourne!! delighted u got out there in one piece!

• Advertisement

Yay, glad things are going well for you akamossy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

think we should organise a tLL roadtrip to Melbourne!! delighted u got out there in one piece!

Be some long roadtrip :P Journey over was excruciatingly boring and long! Never so glad to get off a plane in my life, 3 flights in 1 day, soooo not fun and doing it on your own makes it even worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Feeling super right now! I love how Boards can change my mood just like that. People are just amazing here :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

akamossy wrote: »
    Be some long roadtrip :P Journey over was excruciatingly boring and long! Never so glad to get off a plane in my life, 3 flights in 1 day, soooo not fun and doing it on your own makes it even worse!

Thats the fun with it, it being so long! Did it three times to Sydney, only couple of hours in the difference - always hard going out, but even worse coming back! Where did you stop over? I found that the inflight movies were decent enough - they saved me! If I had money, I'd be out there this summer - if I ever won money in the lotto, I'd be taking the whole family out there.

Funeral tomorrow, and then have to head out to another removal in the evening - should be asleep, but watching a DVD, just not tired atm

The Undertaker looks odd with no hair.. Still really really really intimidating but odd.

Edit: Watching Wrestlemania just in case anyone missed my earlier posts.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I adore him. I get his updates on facebook and he was posting today about his hotel in Dublin blaring horrible muzak. He was very distressed he couldn't read in peace so he decided to go outside and read on the street. :pac:

I can see that. He's daft as a brush. :pac:

The Undertaker looks odd with no hair.. Still really really really intimidating but odd.

Edit: Watching Wrestlemania just in case anyone missed my earlier posts.. :o

he does, his hairline was looking silly with long hair though (and hes a ginger in real life lol) Bet theres blood in this match, its the one match they'll try get away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I was looking though posts from 2010(no idea why) two posters I never see posting anymore minidazzler and G86, mini still posts but G86 account is closed, I enjoyed their posts

krudler wrote: »
    he does, his hairline was looking silly with long hair though (and hes a ginger in real life lol) Bet theres blood in this match, its the one match they'll try get away with it

Oh I didn't know he was ginger, you learn something new everyday. :) My brother was just saying nobody really bleeds anymore, they don't really allow it.. And 2 minutes later Triple H was bleeding. :rolleyes: I dunno how the 2 of them are still standing if I'm honest.

Oh I didn't know he was ginger, you learn something new everyday. :) My brother was just saying nobody really bleeds anymore, they don't really allow it.. And 2 minutes later Triple H was bleeding. :rolleyes: I dunno how the 2 of them are still standing if I'm honest.

they try not to as its pg these days, that looked like a nasty cut on hhh though, was probably accidental, jesus undertakers back was destroyed at the end

they try not to as its pg these days, that looked like a nasty cut on hhh though, was probably accidental, jesus undertakers back was destroyed at the end

Yeah it was. That was actually quite touching at the end with Shawn and Undertaker carrying HHH out of the ring, got a little bit emotional I have to say. And I don't even watch this as much as I used to.

Edge has short hair now? I like.. ;)

Yeah it was. That was actually quite touching at the end with Shawn and Undertaker carrying HHH out of the ring, got a little bit emotional I have to say. And I don't even watch this as much as I used to.

Edge has short hair now? I like.. ;)

122p5zd.jpg

his back is wrecked, good thing its all fake..

122p5zd.jpg

his back is wrecked, good thing its all fake..

Jesus, that's severe!!! :eek:

Awh I miss Edge. And his music. That's how I discovered Alter Bridge. :)

have you ever gone to it live? the shows in the o2 are great craic, purely to boo all the guys the kids are cheering and getting nothing but abuse off them for the whole show lol

have you ever gone to it live? the shows in the o2 are great craic, purely to boo all the guys the kids are cheering and getting nothing but abuse off them for the whole show lol

I haven't.. wouldn't be that much into it. My bf and my brother would love to go though I'd say. Does sound like fun. :)

Edit: I like Zack Ryder.

• Advertisement

ha i can see my cousin in the crowd when the camera pulls back

Haha that's cool.. :D

I dunno if I'm gonna stay up for the rest.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thinking of taking a trip up to Achill henge on Saturday. Has anyone been?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I have Now 24.

Gems therin include: Snow - Informer, The Bluebells - Young at Heart and Capella - U Got 2 Know.

nt.

Had now 12 up until 2 or so years ago, loved that tape... 1988 ....

Utterly **** day today, burnt four fingers and one thumb, cut another finger, ****ed up my pizza base (rolled it out too thinly), painted my nails twice and each time it went wrong and I've been in a foul mood all day.

Think I'll go to bed before anything else goes wrong.

:(

I remember my daughter burned her finger and thumb on a bedside lamp(she touched the hot light bulb). She slept in my arms with me holding her hand in a bowl of cold water, she was around 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Thinking of taking a trip up to Achill henge on Saturday. Has anyone been?

Haven't seen "the henge", but I just wanted to say I'm jealous that you can go to Achill for a day, it's an epic long drive from here so have to stay a night if we go up, so we've only been once, boo.

I remember my daughter burned her finger and thumb on a bedside lamp(she touched the hot light bulb). She slept in my arms with me holding her hand in a bowl of cold water, she was around 2.

When I was 2/3 I burnt my finger on a light bulb, I remember so clearly my mom putting me sitting on the reception desk of our hotel, she was standing holding my legs talking to someone, and like a feckin moth I spotted the lightbulb, reached over....oh my god the pain. It was over as quick as it happened, felt like my fingertips were exploding, I didn't do it again I can tell ya!

I was moaning about how poor I am, checked one of my online banking things and found a considerable sum of money sitting in my ATM account that I forgot to withdraw and put in my savings account, yay!

Acoshla wrote: »
    a!

I was moaning about how poor I am, checked one of my online banking things and found a considerable sum of money sitting in my ATM account that I forgot to withdraw and put in my savings account, yay!

I can imagine your relief, I hate the old' insufficient funds'

If you have 50 in and they are only giving out 20s. Or you have 40 in and they are only giving out 50s. Other times I have a 0.00 balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I remember once going to the ATM and getting the dreaded 'Insuffcient funds' message. I started talking to the machine saying 'EH What do you mean insufficient funds? ive loads of money'.

People behind me started whispering .... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Happy Game of Thones S2 Day!!!!!!
    So excited :D

Going for a run now so I can justify eating junk later today watching it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'm dying to go to the Titanic museum!

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have the most huge, stupid work experience diary to fill in. Of course I was meant to fill it in every day after placement but I didn't bother so now I have it all to do in one go. And it's due tomorrow. Love my life right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Novella wrote: »
    I have the most huge, stupid work experience diary to fill in. Of course I was meant to fill it in every day after placement but I didn't bother so now I have it all to do in one go. And it's due tomorrow. Love my life right now!

:( good luck with that! work experience diaries are the bane of any college course that involves work placement!

:D got a check today for tax back from 2010! I'd gone to the tax office last week about getting tax back from last year, and I hadn't earned enough to pay tax. So I was surprised to get tax back for 2010, guess they must have looked at that year and decided to give me money! Woohoo!

Oh Novella I know the feeling... After my final placement I left my diary until the last minute and had over 50 pages left to do over the last 2 days. I finished it at 7am on the day it was due, got a couple of hours sleep and got the bus to Athlone to hand it in. :o

I'm not long awake so I'm gonna change the clothes on my bed, put new ones on the fold-out bed my bf uses, tidy my room, have a shower, knit and watch the United game later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I've been offered a Teaching Postgrad in UCD!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Congratulations tomissex!!! :D

Oh my God I think I've just seen the biggest wasp in the entire world!! :eek: It was nearly 3 times as big as a normal one. :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I'm dying to go to the Titanic museum!

I'm going to Belfast Thursday week for Titanic weekend and there is my first stop! I don't think that my poof boyfriend is looking forward to it tbh! I haven't stopped talking about Titanic in months! This is the best year ever for me! I have been obsessed with titanic since I saw the film aged 7. I have mountains of books, DVDs, documents etc on the ship and it's stories! I just wish that more movies/shows would tell the real stories and not make ones up that are nowhere near as interesting!

/nerdattack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Oh my God I think I've just seen the biggest wasp in the entire world!! :eek: It was nearly 3 times as big as a normal one. :eek:

Maybe it was a queen wasp! *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Oh Christ, I am incredibly sick of people commenting on the fact that I don't drink. How the hell is the concept so baffling!? Is it offensive to people? Does it ruin their night? My friend's aunt bought me a vodka and Red Bull despite me telling her that I don't drink, I have to be up at 5 tomorrow morning and have a long day of college and studying and a moot tomorrow night so I need to be fresh anyway. I politely declined and then she held my nose and went to pour some of it in my mouth...not appropriate at all! Seriously, what the hell? Why couldn't she understand that I didn't want it!? :rolleyes: I ended up getting really pissed off and left quite early, especially because even more people felt the need to comment/call me dry. The fact I was singing karaoke when sober seemed to pass them by completely. Ugh, this is why I prefer going out in Dublin, everybody leaves me the hell alone and if anyone comments it's usually in jest.

</rant>
    That woman has absolutely no cop on IMO.

She needs to grow up and get a grip. Forcing someone to drink? If anyone did that to me I'd have very little to do with them after it tbh. There is no excuse for her behaviour, she should be ashamed of herself.

Thanks Jane, I'm OK now though.

What upset was so so stupid.

My dad and his family (parents, siblings, siblings partners, nieces/nephews and my (half) siblings) are all gone/going away on a family holiday to see other family member and I am the only one (on my dad's side) not going. None of them even asked me about me going.

I was meant to phone dad yesterday, but when I text him to ask him to log into Skype so I could ring him he text back that he was out with the dog he'd be home shortly so I text him back and asked him to text me when I could ring and I heard nothing from him until one o'clock when he text me to say he had last minute packing to do which is why he hadn't text me.

It's just like he is putting them before me, it's so silly because they are his family too and just the fact that I am the only one not going in a way it just make's me feel left out. It's so so stupid and I don't know why it's getting to me and upsetting me so much when it shouldn't. They

This reminds me of when I was a toddler and I was sitting/standing on a chair at the table and it was my birthday and the cake was in front of me so I decided to put my finger in the flame and then started crying when it hurt but I refused to take my finger away from the flame in case it hurt more.

Another time I was sitting on the bottom of the stairs and I'd gotten hold of a lighter and set me hair on fire.

I started screaming and mam came running out and saw me there crying/screaming with a flame on the top of my head. :o
    I remember once going to the ATM and getting the dreaded 'Insuffcient funds' message. I started talking to the machine saying 'EH What do you mean insufficient funds? ive loads of money'.
    tomissex wrote: »
    Congratulations.:)

Going to do more cooking today, making Spinach and potato soup and for dinner I am making chicken with streaky bacon wrapped around it and I'm making a mushroom sauce to go with it. Hope it's nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm going to Belfast Thursday week for Titanic weekend and there is my first stop! I don't think that my poof boyfriend is looking forward to it tbh! I haven't stopped talking about Titanic in months! This is the best year ever for me! I have been obsessed with titanic since I saw the film aged 7. I have mountains of books, DVDs, documents etc on the ship and it's stories! I just wish that more movies/shows would tell the real stories and not make ones up that are nowhere near as interesting!

/nerdattack

There's a new tv series coming out isn't there, I'm pretty sure they wanted to keep it more real and tried to be true to what the real people were like. It's made by the guy behind that pre ww1 tv series (gosford park?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm just sitting here writing a really boring essay when I get a text from boy from class : "I know you're probably really stressed so I bought you 3 kinds of Ben and Jerry's for later. It seemed to make you happy last time (:" :D

Lanzarote beach body out the window!

bubblefett wrote: »
    Happy Game of Thones S2 Day!!!!!!
    So excited :D

Going for a run now so I can justify eating junk later today watching it :)

tis sitting on the hard drive for watching later, I'm halfway through reading Clash of Kings so already know whats going to happen for the first few eps, still cant wait though its gonna be savage. dragons and direwolves ftw

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

I haven’t been posting much lately because I’ve been feeling pretty depressed and antisocial and I didn’t want to subject you all to my misery and constant moaning but I have a happy post today and since you all put up with my negativity you deserve to hear something positive from me. :)

I ordered a dress online a few weeks ago for my college awards night. I regretted ordering it about 2 days later because I thought I had the size wrong or the quality would be terrible and that I didn’t deserve a nice dress anyway. My depression has been getting to me lately, so much so that I very nearly self-harmed one day last week. No one else was home to distract me and my thoughts were racing and I just couldn’t cope with it. It’s been months since I felt that bad and it really knocked me for six. Anyway I somehow made myself wait, the feelings dissipated a bit and I didn’t cut myself. I pretended to everyone at home and in college I was grand like I always do and hid away in bed when I could. Have been feeling pretty shít ever since though and haven’t been able to get out of bed all weekend because I just don’t see the point.

Anyway the dress arrived today and it’s absolutely amazing! It fits so so well. Not perfectly because it’s waaay too long, but that’s only because I’m a 5ft midget :o. But it sort of flows over the parts of me that I’m self-conscious about and emphasises the good parts of my body. (Yes Mollikins, you do have good parts). Putting it on and looking in the mirror made me feel so so beautiful and god I really needed to feel good about myself right now. My mind is pretty relentless in telling me that I’m ugly and that I don’t deserve to feel good about myself amongst other things so this dress came at the perfect time. So basically right now I’m sitting here with a big smile on my face and I won’t be crying myself to sleep tonight. :)

Congrats tomissex. Delighted for you. :D
    Bet it eases the disappointment of not getting Madrid? You deserve it hun. :)

Novella, pretty please send that guy in your class to me. He’s an absolute keeper. Good luck with the work experience diary. Hope it won’t take you too long. :)

I think I might try on that dress again... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Oh my poor aching head, one quiet drink last night turned into too many to count :rolleyes: Woke up at 6am and couldn't get back to sleep, had to cancel my driving lesson coz my head and stomach were in tatters, finally dozed off at midday and just about scraped myself out of bed in time for work. What a trainwreck. No more beer for TeletextPear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Mollikins wrote: »

Congrats tomissex. Delighted for you. :D
    Bet it eases the disappointment of not getting Madrid? You deserve it hun. :)

Thanks so much! Yeah it really does, especially since I really didn't think I'd get anywhere!

Really crap to hear you haven't been doing so good. Please wander on and drop a PM if your mind is racing. You're never alone :)
    I think you should spend the day in your magic dress!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Orla K wrote: »

/nerdattack

There's a new tv series coming out isn't there, I'm pretty sure they wanted to keep it more real and tried to be true to what the real people were like. It's made by the guy behind that pre ww1 tv series (gosford park?)

There's one on tv3 ATM that's alright. Most of the background characters are real and it's mostly factual (though a few facts have been messed around with which I am not happy about) but the main characters still aren't real. I just don't understand why, when there are so many fascinating stories about the real life passengers, they need to make any up!

There's another show out soon as well that I'm looking forward to but that's going to be focused on the building of the ship

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Interview was a bit bleh...Still though,good experience if nothing else.Really tired now,may go for a nap.Or alternatively,seek out comfort food.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Thanks so much! Yeah it really does, especially since I really didn't think I'd get anywhere!

Really crap to hear you haven't been doing so good. Please wander on and drop a PM if your mind is racing. You're never alone :)
    I think you should spend the day in your magic dress!

Thanks hun. I really appreciate it. I find I’m better off keeping to myself and working through things on my own than offloading on other people. But it’s great to know the option to talk to someone is there so thank you. :)

Ya know, I probably would spend the day in the dress but I’m so scared of tearing it or getting it dirty or falling over and breaking my neck since it’s so bloody long that I probably won’t. You could nearly make 2 dresses out of the extra material on the end of it! :o

Now if only my internet would work properly... :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement