Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Episode 5x10: 'Mother's Mercy' - READERS thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

FunLover18 wrote: »
    How do you track something that flies?

Hey, I said it was far fetched :pac:

The only way I can think of is going into towns and asking if anyone saw a dragon.

So, not really tracking..trailing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

On the plus side there's not many likeable characters left so deaths in the new book won't be too upsetting. Reckon Jamie is definitely up next in the TV show, he gets more and more likeable as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm not the only one who was reminded of The Magdalene Sisters by Cersei's imprisonment and walk of shame, am I?

I couldn't help but picture the Fr. Ted Lent episode. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

No Lady S :(

Even after what he did last week, don't want to see Stannis die.
    Well, we didn't.

Yeah, Cersei's walk of shame dragged on forever.

Laughed out loud when Jorah said "careful now" :D

Overall, disappointing season, apart from eps 8 & 9

EDIT:
    Took a look at the non readers thread. The Mountain has been mentioned a couple of times. Aren't they clever?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

What a pile of tripe.

Five books of an iron willed charcter who burns his daughter and wanders around with zero military sense.

Tv show missed the point. Makes a mockery of the character.

Millisandre goes blank blank and gets a ryanair flight to the wall.

Jon mopes in his room reading instead of manning the wall and setting up defences against the now hundreds of thousand strong zombie army

No stone heart. No greyjoy navy, no brave companions,

The problem with cutting a lot of the books I can forgive.

Taking it in bull**** tangents that misses the core of what and who the characters just leaves a bitter bitter taste.

Arrogant tv self indulgent ****e. This one season has been a huge let down with the exception of the last fifteen minutes of episode eight but if i wanted a zombie action flick i would rent one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

What a pile of tripe.

Five books of an iron willed charcter who burns his daughter and wanders around with zero military sense.

I was sure the horsemen were the mercs that abandoned Stannis.

That's why he didn't expect the pitched battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Irish Water protesters making a cameo there towards the end of that episode

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭missmaw

Was half expecting this to happen to Jon Snow ( don't no why) and it killed the scene for me 😂
    kicking-bishop-brennan-arse-o-s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Dats me

Why are people asking about why she dropped the ring in the readers thread? So that they wouldn't know she was rich...
    Then Drogon comes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Just not convinced stannis is dead, would be poor form not to show it

Agreed... No way did Trant get the full brutal works off Arya, and Jon got a graphic Stabby McStabberson scene and Stannis gets a cut away?... He's alive at least for another episode or 2 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just gonna say, that was sh1t and the whole season was poor except for Hardhome.

But the character assassination of Stannis, condensing the upcoming Battle of Ice to that few mins was muck. Unforgivable stuff from the writers.

I understand they have to cut stuff from the books to make the show, that's obvious, but cutting and replacing with it with rubbish is different.

Case & point: Dorne.

Disgusted.

I'd say I will record next season and watch it after I've read the book hopefully comes out. No way will I watch it ahead of the next book.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

. Can Drogon speak English? Could he not have a nap without Dany nagging him.

lol lol
    So true
    He was injured like let him have a nap and stfu

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This season has been so poorly written.

A crap first 7 episodes where hardly anything happens, followed by a decent 8th. Back to a mediocre 9th episode before a 10th episode that was crammed!

And Jaime on the boat....

First thing I would be doing there is slitting Trystane's throat and drop kicking him off the boat, ask questions later.

Jon doesn't die, you can tell from how it's written in the book.

And we don't actually know if Stannis is dead.

Theon and Sansa should be mush on the ground, at least in the book we were told several times that there is nearly 20 foot of snow in some spots.

In the show there was a few inches. :pac:

40ft drop, ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

awec wrote: »
    Jon doesn't die, you can tell from how it's written in the book.

And we don't actually know if Stannis is dead.

By dying,he's released from his vows to the Night's Watch,we've seen the red witch and resurrection before so it's no shock if he's back without the Watch and it's rules to hold him back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

wolf: oh sam's in trouble I better help
    jon's in trouble? na

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Theon and Sansa should be mush on the ground, at least in the book we were told several times that there is nearly 20 foot of snow in some spots.

40ft drop, ouch!

29A0A36100000578-3124072-image-a-37_1434346882135.jpg

40ft drop, ouch!

they push girl off wall: splat
    they jump off wall: it's all good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

40ft drop, ouch!

Come to think of it, it seems bizarre that a minute or so after pushing Myranda to her death that Reek/Theon and Sansa would jump from an even greater height, even if they do have snow to cushion their fall.

zerks wrote: »
    By dying,he's released from his vows to the Night's Watch,we've seen the red witch and resurrection before so it's no shock if he's back without the Watch and it's rules to hold him back.

That's my take on it too.

He'll come back, use the wildlings as an army and take Winterfell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Much improved fan written arc for Sansa S5:
    Ramsay or Roose finds a random girl who looks like Arya, and declares that she is Arya Stark. They send out invitations to all the northern Lords to attend their wedding.

Littlefinger catches wind that Ramsay will be marrying Arya. Sansa convinces Littlefinger to also attend the wedding, so they can rescue Arya. Littlefinger sees the benefits of having TWO Stark girls, while also destabilizing the Bolton claim to Winterfell, so he agrees. Sansa attends in disguise as Alayne Stone.

They show up, and Sansa sees that fArya is not Arya. She also sees Theon there, and Theon doesn't turn her in to Ramsay.

Sansa and Theon meet in the crypts. Sansa took Littlefinger's dagger with her, and threatens to cut Theon's throat. Theon begs for her to kill him and make it quick. She sees how broken he is, and spares him, but still hates him. Theon is taken aback by the dagger, and asks her how she got Ned's dagger. (Littlefinger kept it after betraying Ned)

Sansa, now not trusting Littlefinger, sneakily returns the dagger. Then Littlefinger is called away by Cersei. He tells Sansa he will be back soon, and that he is leaving some of the best Vale knights to protect her (led by Lyn Corbray), and a bag of gold to pay them off.

After hearing random Freys and Bolton soldiers bragging about the terrible things they did in the Red Wedding, she pays Lyn Corbray to kill them in the night (a ghost in Winterfell).

Various Northern Lords show up for the wedding. GreatJon is there.

GreatJon recognizes Sansa. He meets with her in secret. He tells her that "da Norf remembers" and he tells her that Rickon is still alive, and he sent him with Osha to Skaagos. GreatJon and Sansa plan a coup within Winterfell. Between his soldiers, and the Vale knights, and Stannis's forces outside, they could take out the Boltons.

The coup is interrupted by the Freys & Boltons accusing GreatJon of what Lyn Corbray did. Hell breaks out - and the factions start fighting. Sansa is visibly nervous, and flees. Ramsay sees her, and follows with a group of soldiers.
    In the distraction of the fight, Theon sneaks fArya out (he's the only one trying to rescue her - yay redemption arc). But in the chaos, he bumps into Sansa. Ramsay sees them, and they flee up the tower (their only escape). Vale/Umber soldiers try to help, but Ramsay & the soldiers advance. Theon grabs both fArya and Sansa and jumps.

They are recovered in the snow storm, and brought to Stannis. Sansa introduces herself as Sansa of Winterfell... and she has a mission for Davos, the smuggler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Not having Jaime take control of the Lannister army I think is the biggest mistake they made this season. For non-book readers especially, there's so much exposition they could have naturally included in his scenes that would have fleshed out the current landscape of Westeros and reminded people about the Tully's, Frey's, BwB etc.

Going to be a huge disconnect if or when they go back to those characters now.

I'm going to have to re-read the books before WoW comes out.

The differences between the books and the TV series are now substantial enough to confuse me. It's been a while since I read them and I struggle to remember what story happens in the books vs the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ok this thread has gotten up to 8 pages already so no chance I am making my way through that so...

Once again I enjoyed the episode but it did feel like they had to try cram so much into the last episode. They wrapped up a lot which is good going forward I suppose.

Not going to pick through the episode.

The one thing that has really annoyed me is the amount of people that spoilered this episode all over social media. I am talking about Irish people that downloaded it this morning and just had to write up what happens in their status'. Absolute **** like. How would they feel if book readers had posted all that stuff that happened on social media weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Much improved fan written arc for Sansa S5:

All well and good but needs more Wyman Manderly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

tbh I've said it before in this thread, in an era where TV series have overtaken films when it comes to credibility GOT now seems to be determined to go back to the good old era of overblown illogical bull****, because drama and wow. I'm expecting Magnum PI to show up in a chopper and rescue the mother of moans

And Jon Snow, "I saw it, he raised an army of twenty thousand" my arse he did, there was about a hundred zombie eskimo extras on that shore. Might want to learn to count lord commander. How many times were you stabbed Jon? A millionty?

You'll still survive anyway, despite having a simple stabbing transformed into you being repeatedly skewered by 9 inch daggers off so many blokes that I was looking for the Brazzers logo in the corner, just like your sister can jump off castle walls. Go go gadget snow drift

Oh, and someone actually sounds like frank bleedin spencer now, I think its Sam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Robb and Sana are never really mentioned or hinted at being wargs. Given the warging comes more into play later on it's undertandable given Lady, Robb and Grey Wind are dead.

Robb and Sansa were always the most Tully like children too, while the rest took more after Starks. Could be relevant.

Robb's warging might not have been mentioned but it was definitely very prevalent. It was how he won all his battles. Having a fast, stealthy mode of scouting with great night vision would have been how he gave Tywin's armies the runaround.

Advertisement