Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

On the beer,listening to Elton. Can't go wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Hitting the hay early tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Lads looking for a mug with a picture of a donkey on it a gift(joke). Can't seem to find the appropiate one, any ideas on where to buy one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Lads looking for a mug with a picture of a donkey on it a gift(joke). Can't seem to find the appropiate one, any ideas on where to buy one?

Try google, plenty of places online that do custom mugs. If you're in Dublin I think the t-shirt shop on the 1st Floor in Stephens Green do them too.

Managed to weasel my way out of work tonight, so off at 7 and get to the Shels match! Wasn't missing this! BUT found out I've to do a midnight opening on Monday for Gears of poxy War!

Kasabians new album is daycent, just listening through it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Cheers for that, will try to google it as I don't really be in town that much anymore. Also I think Kasabian's new album is class, are you going to see them in November?

Saturday's racing doesn't look conducive to picking winners, haven't looked at the W'ton card though, I'll leave that 'till tomorrow (later today I suppose)

Managed to weasel my way out of work tonight, so off at 7 and get to the Shels match! Wasn't missing this!

Winning 1-0 for 90 mins, then we decide to concede in the 90th and 92nd mins to lose! I f*cking hate Limerick!
    hawaii501 wrote: »
    Also I think Kasabian's new album is class, are you going to see them in November?

It's no West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum but it's class all the same, WRPLA was in a class of its own tbh. Yup have my tickets and all, be my third time seeing them, Slane 2009 and the Point 2009, going yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

In the mood for a bit of the youchube choons after a feed of pints....

Song of the summer for me, for resons a couple of ye may know....

Followed by Jonjo's theme tune...

• Advertisement

Pyro's all over this one, since he posted it one boring night.

For Urbansea

And Paddy, 365, VC, Ladcrooks, this is for ye,

Someone give this man a job on radio!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Funniest thing about using m.boards is that ye are all firing blanks.

Bored silly.

• Advertisement

17 and 3 quarters!

Might be 18 and 3 quarters soon, applied for work in a place I left 6 years ago today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Went into Boylesports on Friday at 6.25pm to do my lotto for the euro millions.

Door was open and all the screens on and the fella behind the counter tells me
    "were closed "
    .he was counting up the tills money.

Checked the opening times on the door on the way out and it said 6.30pm closing time.

Low and behold 2 numbers came out and I would of won €50.:mad::mad::mad:

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Went into Boylesports on Friday at 6.25pm to do my lotto for the euro millions.

Door was open and all the screens on and the fella behind the counter tells me
    "were closed "
    .he was counting up the tills money.

Checked the opening times on the door on the way out and it said 6.30pm closing time.

Low and behold 2 numbers came out and I would of won €50.:mad::mad::mad:

It was 6.25 by your clock, possibly not by the computer he goes by in the shop. I've had this agrument with many a customer, I work by the time it says on the computer not by the time it says on your watch as you don't pay my wage!:D

It was 6.25 by your clock, possibly not by the computer he goes by in the shop. I've had this agrument with many a customer, I work by the time it says on the computer not by the time it says on your watch as you don't pay my wage!:D

surely if it was 6.30 the door would be closed though?

RoverJames wrote: »
    surely if it was 6.30 the door would be closed though?

I never close the door in work tbh when we're closed, until I'm locking up, just usually let out a yell at anyone trying to come in.:D

Anyone got that bug that's going around atm? It's horrible stuff, and what made it worse was I couldn't get back to sleep earlier!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

No it was definately only 6:25pm.
    Just checked my watch with sky sports news and my watch is a minute fast so it was only 6.24pm at the time then.

He was counting the till and the shop was empty I'd say he was just trying to get away as early as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

My Jack russell tried to shag a cat today.

I think it was a tomcat too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

My Boxer had a bit of the end of his ear bitten off today.:( My suggestion of changing his name to Evander was rejected.

Trying to give UrbanSea text directions from South Circular Rd to Break for the Border was good craic I must say, he got there in one piece, doubt he'll leave in that state though.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So what is the story with this tax they are bringing in for online gambling

Presumably 'twill be only a % or two and the bookies will cover it but cut on line specials then. Dunno about the exchanges.

Trying to give UrbanSea text directions from South Circular Rd to Break for the Border was good craic I must say, he got there in one piece, doubt he'll leave in that state though.:D

Muchos thankos.

4th night out in a row tonight,I think I need some extra sleep.

Just starting to recover from Arthur's day.

Just starting to recover from Arthur's day.

Know the feeling, I looked like death today, work wasn't plesent.

Quiet night in tonight for a change.

• Advertisement

WooHoo Im back!!
    Got locked out of Boards for a couple of days for some reason.
    Playin catch-up should keep me going till the match.
    Only three cans left tho so thats a bit worrying.

As they say on Twitter #drinkfeckinslower

Shellllllllllllllllllllbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooouuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnneeeeeeee!

Made it tought tonight in Athlone but we managed to wrap it up, it's ours to lose!

:eek: Russia +51 Pts at Evs, that is the bet of the winter.

Just looking at that. Ireland have no team playing. O Gara first try ew @16/1 could be interesting.

Radio commentary about 10sec ahead of TV commentary which is about 7secs ahead of TV picture.
    Confusing but prob good if ur on Betfair.

We wus kinda lucky there Jonjo :-o

We wus kinda lucky there Jonjo :-o

Yeah i put the handicap at around 45-47 myself so got good value there, had a large bet on it, my first bet in a few weeks, next bet the presidential election.

Yeah i put the handicap at around 45-47 myself so got good value there, had a large bet on it, my first bet in a few weeks, next bet the presidential election.

Who ya backing for president J?

That will be Micky D without a doubt but I dont bet on those kind of things. Done ok myself from the rugby. ROG obliged as MOM as well. England/Scotland should be fun.
    Better get myself to bed soon. Dont think Muddys will be seeing me for the Sunday gig today lol.

• Advertisement

ft9 wrote: »
    Who ya backing for president J?

I dunno for sure yet its too early to judge, but i would be veering towards Michael D.

My luck is gone so bad I bought Caramello instead of a DairyMilk by mistake :rolleyes:

RoverJames wrote: »
    My luck is gone so bad I bought Caramello instead of a DairyMilk by mistake :rolleyes:

Now that is good.

Only 4 cans left time to watch some breaking bad and then maybe a movie, life is good:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Not in the humour of running a poxy astro pitch tonight....never posted in here before as i never even noticed it til now :D

eh i dunno wrote: »
    never posted in here before as i never even noticed it til now :D

Why welcome Sir and you made it just in time to donate some money to our annual xmas party fund.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Not in the humour of running a poxy astro pitch tonight....

Went for a jog there at 9, haven't done any cardio since my gym membership finished in June. Was in bits afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Why welcome Sir and you made it just in time to donate some money to our annual xmas party fund.

Is there gonna be a Kris Kindle for the Xmas party? Names are drawn from hat and you have to place a bet for a tenner on something you think has a good chance of winning at a nice price and you hand over the docket at the party??

Thats actually a good idea.
    (If there was a party).

Where's Urban these days with his tales of all things takeaways.

Where's Urban these days with his tales of all things takeaways.

He's having to much fun here in the big smoke, chap is out nearly every night!:D

Can't believe I'm 21 on Sunday!:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement