Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst car you've ever driven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Flyer1 wrote: »
    Biro, they're just crap cars.

It's quite simple - you are wrong.

Ah they are nice to drive alright but I just never liked them to be honest.
    This is the problem with threads like this. People take cars they dislike that they drove and claim they're the worst car they've ever driven. Thats just silly. Not just talking about you Frankie, just taking this post as an example.
    If you're not objective in your outlook, then chances are you're just wrong. And that's annoying.
    I hate Vectra's, always did. I had one rented once, diesel, current shape. It wasn't spectacular, not great handling or feed back, but by and large it was fine. Well insulated, competent and dull, like most cars in it's class. Just because I hate it doesn't mean I should claim it's the worst car I ever drove, that would just be narrow minded and childish of me.

Hammertime wrote: »
    07 VW Passat

they are just horrific. Everything about them is sh!t.

More of it. "I don't like them therefore they are sh!t". Brilliant mentallity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Biro wrote: »
    This is the problem with threads like this. People take cars they dislike that they drove and claim they're the worst car they've ever driven. Thats just silly. Not just talking about you Frankie, just taking this post as an example.
    If you're not objective in your outlook, then chances are you're just wrong. And that's annoying.
    I hate Vectra's, always did. I had one rented once, diesel, current shape. It wasn't spectacular, not great handling or feed back, but by and large it was fine. Well insulated, competent and dull, like most cars in it's class. Just because I hate it doesn't mean I should claim it's the worst car I ever drove, that would just be narrow minded and childish of me.

chillpill.jpg

Calm down man, People are entitled to their own opinions!!! Doesnt make them wrong or right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭stesaurus

unkel wrote: »
    Edit: forgot I had a Chrysler Sebring 2.7 V6 convertible during a work trip to Florida a good few years ago. Just as well we rarely discuss American cars here. Sh1te would be a compliment for that yoke.

OMG yeah! How can Americans get cars so wrong? Had a Sebring convertible also in Florida a couple of years ago.

So woefully underpowered and like a barge when taking turns. Cheap and nasty inside. Air con also took a good half hour to kick in.

Never again would I touch one but I bet it's still better than a PT Cruiser!:D

Quality wrote: »
    Calm down man, People are entitled to their own opinions!!! Doesnt make them wrong or right!!

It actually does. Just because it's an opinion (and everyone is entitled to one) doesn't mean that it can't be proven right or wrong.
    I could say that in my opinion all Toyota's are unreliable muck. Would that mean that my opinion isn't wrong?
    My problem is that the title is the worst car you've driven. Not your least favourite car. That's a different threat. Some people here are just here to qualify why they hate a particular car. Like the Punto or Passat opinions. No other professional ever lambasted either car for being crap. They're both considered excellent cars in their class, albiet with a few faults. Therefore is someone's opinion here because they hate it right? No.

It actually does. Just because it's an opinion (and everyone is entitled to one) doesn't mean that it can't be proven right or wrong.
    I could say that in my opinion all Toyota's are unreliable muck. Would that mean that my opinion isn't wrong?

Listen I think you need to relax about it a little... Let the posters have a bit of freedom.. The thread is not to prove what is the worst car ever, it is to state what is the worst car you have ever driven... yes??

So what if the poster has only ever driven one car in his life.. Well then it is undoubtedly the worst (and Best) car he has ever driven...

would that mean his opinion is wrong???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Kia Sedona, it was like driving a tractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Nissan Serena, worst by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Quality wrote: »
    Listen I think you need to relax about it a little... Let the posters have a bit of freedom.. The thread is not to prove what is the worst car ever, it is to state what is the worst car you have ever driven... yes??

So what if the poster has only ever driven one car in his life.. Well then it is undoubtedly the worst (and Best) car he has ever driven...

would that mean his opinion is wrong???
    Sure, but wouldn't it be a boring thread if we weren't allowed to comment on each others opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mimibear

Citreon saxo - tried to kill me at every opportunity, brakes were non existant, it was like driving a tuna can with wheels...

Anan1 wrote: »
    Sure, but wouldn't it be a boring thread if we weren't allowed to comment on each others opinions?

Exactly. Comments spark debate. Debate brings out all the truth and lies onto the table at the same time. More informed opinions can be formed then!!

Besides - if the thread was called the least favourite car then that couldn't spark any debate! In fact, might as well do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I was presented with a rental some years back; a Daewoo Lanos hatchback, Automatic, in Green. Gutless engine married to an autobox, cheap nasty plastic interior and steering that was about as precise as camel-droving.

Two engineers (combined weight about 30st) 2 tool boxes, 2 laptop bags & 2 suitcases - we nearly had to unload to go uphill...still preferred 3 weeks of that to the Hyundai Accent I once drove from Letterkenny to Derry as a designated driver.

Exactly. Comments spark debate. Debate brings out all the truth and lies onto the table at the same time. More informed opinions can be formed then!!

Besides - if the thread was called the least favourite car then that couldn't spark any debate! In fact, might as well do that.

Ah here!!!

I am going back to the safety of the thunderdome... Leave you boys to it!!:D

But before I go.. Drove an old Vectra '96 maybe for a week or so a few years ago.. Grand on the motorway, bit of speed, smooth enough..

City wise, not great for handling-taking corners... For the car of its size, It wasnt too bad... defo not the worst though... Them 307's are dangerous i tells ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

R.O.R wrote: »
    Primera 1.6 (current shape) I had as a rental while my car was in for body work.

Gutless engine and the same seating position as a bus.

+1 followed closely by the Toyota Avensis 1.6 current model. Awful interior and gutless as ****e

So bad it as funny was a 91 Yugo 45 which I drove 60 miles to Belfast once....had to drop to second gear constantly if there was any kind of an incline. The window demister was a tube that ran to behind the front wheels .....it had no fan!

Worst hire car was a 1999 Saturn Coupe I had in Michigan. 2.5 V6 with as much power as the above mentioned Yugo. Build quality on U.S cars is truly appaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

1. Daewoo Nubira 01
    2. Renault 99

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Worst: nissan sunny 1994. I got it for 500 eu when i needed car for mine misses fast.( 1st job she got was 30 miles from home).

It was drinking petrol more then mine 2.0 merc. And it was 1.4 yoke!

It drived like a truck aswell.

thought mine favorite car to drive was mine old 1991 opel calibra... i still miss that girl...