Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2015 Premier League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

sc86 wrote: »
    lewis and mvg wouldnt interview together

Seems it was MVG that wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Missed it. Was there a bit of banter during game or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Great night for Chizzy, he's certainly come on from last year.
    Wright put up a good fight for a draw too.
    Lewis crumbled when he was a leg away from victory on his throw.
    Bunting was rubbish again. He's feeling the pressure more and more each week and it's showing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

gramar wrote: »
    Bunting was rubbish again. He's feeling the pressure more and more each week and it's showing.

He was terrible in the three floor tournaments last weekend too. Looks like the confidence has been sapped after such a poor Premier League start. It's tough to get it back again when you're losing every week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Well last night was very good I thought. Must have been about 30 180s which was a big increase on last year. Its funny how the big scores go up & down week by week...last week wasn't so good. Chizzy Huybretchts great game & even though he's not had a great start for points Kim doesn't seem to be letting that get to him. Wade put up a good scrap against Anderson but his throwing just fell away in last couple of legs for Gary to take home the win. I didn't see all of the MVG/Lewis game because I turned on the end of extra time/penalties in the Liverpool match. I'm already bored of sky hyping the rivalry "that we will surely see for years and years to come!". Bunting & Barney, well its hard to get excited about watching Barney play IMO and Bunting's form has hit the wall....all be it about a foot away from where he was aiming! Taylor Wright I think was a great game, fair play to Wright for coming back to the draw. On form I wouldn't have gave Wright much of a chance but had a gut feeling for him as I said in gambling thread because Wright beat Taylor in Belfast last season.

I didn't notice the usual beer flinging during the last match but it could have been towards back of the hall. It wasn't sold out, could see pockets of free seats in the tiers throughout the night. Did anyone else notice during Barney & Bunting game(near the end) the RUC/PSNI/WA*KERS dragging some punter off from right in front of the stage? Madness, instead of taking him quietly in the side behind the stage they walked him through the whole venue getting booed and abused the whole time....not like the policeforce up here to antagonize people now is it? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Johner wrote: »
    Seems it was MVG that wouldn't do it.

Don't really blame him to be honest, lewis clearly slowing things up and he was taking his sweet time collecting the darts.

Lewis reckoned mvg didnt have the same caliber as him to adjust to that kind of thing even though mvg smashed his throw in the second last game after lewis kicked off with a 180 and was more interested in gesturing to his missus in the crowd.

wayne mardle talking his own brand of complete and utter sh1e about the whole thing after aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Don't really blame him to be honest, lewis clearly slowing things up and he was taking his sweet time collecting the darts.

Lewis reckoned mvg didnt have the same caliber as him to adjust to that kind of thing even though mvg smashed his throw in the second last game after lewis kicked off with a 180 and was more interested in gesturing to his missus in the crowd.

wayne mardle talking his own brand of complete and utter sh1e about the whole thing after aswell.

Mardle is an inarticulate twit. His observations are rarely relevant to what's really happening. Painful to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

gramar wrote: »
    Mardle is an inarticulate twit. His observations are rarely relevant to what's really happening. Painful to listen to.

He really is terrible, pdc should get rid and replace him with the silky tones of john part.

Best bit is marde is now dsecribed as a "darts analyst" by sky... :rolleyes:

sly don't seem to have a clue when it comes to sports commentators/broadcasters.
    On their football they have Paul Merson who makes less sense than the tazmanian devil but spits a lot more and Charlie Nicholas who is just pathetic! Jimm Watt on their boxing is painful to listen to.

I can't remember who or what sport but 1 of their other popular sports was getting slated (on twitter) last week over the commentary, again apparently being awful. Might have been cricket? Since I know theres a tournament on at present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Devastator wrote: »
    Well last night was very good I thought. Must have been about 30 180s which was a big increase on last year. Its funny how the big scores go up & down week by week...last week wasn't so good. Chizzy Huybretchts great game & even though he's not had a great start for points Kim doesn't seem to be letting that get to him. Wade put up a good scrap against Anderson but his throwing just fell away in last couple of legs for Gary to take home the win. I didn't see all of the MVG/Lewis game because I turned on the end of extra time/penalties in the Liverpool match. I'm already bored of sky hyping the rivalry "that we will surely see for years and years to come!". Bunting & Barney, well its hard to get excited about watching Barney play IMO and Bunting's form has hit the wall....all be it about a foot away from where he was aiming! Taylor Wright I think was a great game, fair play to Wright for coming back to the draw. On form I wouldn't have gave Wright much of a chance but had a gut feeling for him as I said in gambling thread because Wright beat Taylor in Belfast last season.

Agree with this, first of all, I endured the pain of the Liverpool game first as recorded the darts, great fast forward through the build ups... Kim n Chizzy was a clinker of a game, 9 darters were on the cards a few times there.... Wade, I don't like and thankfully got beat by a still, in my opinion stuttering Anderson.. MVG and Lewis, fair play Lewis, hit the finishes when needed, MVG, who I would favour over Lewis, was totally wrong in his summary of game, he may have scored better but Lewis hit the doubles when mattered and MVG got out of jail.. Barney has always being my number one but as wrote above, jaysus, he is getting boring to watch at the moment.. I think Bunting was a wrong call after a few months leaving the BDO, poor old Thornton must be sickened... Last game, well, I def don't like the Power(fair dues what he has achieved though and still seems hungry) but I gave Wright no chance but fair play to him, he hit the check outs when many a man has crumbled before..at this moment, I would say Bunting and surprisingly, Barney to go..

• Advertisement

Huybrechts is fkying in this! 5-2 up against Barney

Well done Kim!! 7-0 now against barney and took out a 170 to finish. He could have won 7-3 but missed the bull but got it for 7-5

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great finish to win it after letting Barney back in. He could really kick on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Some stuff there taylor tbf

MVG is a cry baby. Seriously a sore loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Shut up Mardle....wrights done that **** before and mvg is entitled to be annoyed.

MVG is a cry baby. Seriously a sore loser.

He drew.

Wrights pissed..lol

DuckHook wrote: »
    Shut up Mardle....wrights done that **** before and mvg is entitled to be annoyed.

Ah give over, MVG goes mad and jumps around celebrating when he wins legs etc, he's a cry baby when he doesn't win and needs to grow up.

Ah give over, MVG goes mad and jumps around celebrating when he wins legs etc, he's a cry baby when he doesn't win and needs to grow up.

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

• Advertisement

Cool..lol

Great start to the Chissy/Anderson game.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,058 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

MVG just plain bugs me nowadays.

I'd celebrate every fúcking ton plus score just to píss him right off.

Wright unprofessional? That sort of comment was out of order.

Chissy playing really well.

Average is 110.

Incredible performance by Chissy.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

Peter Wright is 100% correct. It's about entertaining the crowd. No Crowd, No big tournaments to win. Simple as.

Without a shadow of a doubt, I'd be more excited to watch Wright than MvG. Clearly not on darts ability, but for value for money, Wright hands down.

Plus it's fine for MvG to fist every decent score like he's getting battered by invisible boxers while eating 100 sour sweets, but not OK for Wright to get the PAYING CUSTOMERS off their seats and involved to the best of his ability.

It's clearly obvious that MvG does not take "not winning" well at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

DamienOB wrote:
    It's clearly obvious that MvG does not take "not winning" well at all

He was giving out about Lewis being too slow last week aswell, Yet said nothing when he played Kim Hybrects who goes a bit mad after every single throw.

Mvg is a ****ty loser (drawer) and it's starting to make me dis like him alot. Another Phil.

Handbags :rolleyes:

IMO this is just sky's hype train trying to build up the premier league(which I dont feel it needs). The last few weeks they've been talking about rivalries all over the show, you would think every darts player detests the other. I even think last night mardle made a comment "Darts players used to get along"

Sky are pushing it, they're jumping all over MVG's slight dip in form and his unhappiness and pushing separate interviews etc, but does nobody remember Wright talking about MVG in the worlds(13/14) when MVG was in full flow, shouting,screaming, going mad and Wright was due to play him next and said he would have to calm him down or something and sly made a huge deal out of that for ages.

I take a lot of this with big pinch of salt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

my thoughts too... manufactured rivalries

Advertisement