Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas you think are great but most people probably think are rubbish.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Instead of eagles, reintroduce wolves into Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I've had SO many brilliant and save the world ideas while intoxicated in some form or other that I reckon I have the potential to be a multi millionare and world leader. Pity is I can never remember them the next day!

Just as well 'cause they were probably poxy ideas in the true light of day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Nappies for dogs so when they do **** on the foot path, beech or your lawn, the **** ends up a the owners home who should then dispose of in an enviromental way.

A crappy idea but too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Stee wrote: »
    I had the great idea of sensored street lights. Miles of motorway/Dual carriageway are lit through the night with no one about, its a waste. So the sensor on the lampost would turn on the next 4 or 5 lights and turn off any behind the car, so the only part of the road lit would be at and in front of the car for 100-150m.

Turns out these lights use a shitload of electricity warming up and turning on, so that's a no-go, and LED lights will probably replace standard streetlights in the future and use a fraction of the electricity.

Plenty of comments about how this might not really work, but how about putting the same idea to use in traffic lights? I travel a lot at night alone and sometimes get really pi**ed off or even nervous at having to wait ages for lights to change, especially when i've just missed a green and have to wait through the whole sequence, when there is absolutely no other traffic around. Putting a sensor 100-150m back from the junction would mean the light would go green for any approaching car. Does this make sense to anyone else?
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

eimear1 wrote: »
    Plenty of comments about how this might not really work, but how about putting the same idea to use in traffic lights? I travel a lot at night alone and sometimes get really pi**ed off or even nervous at having to wait ages for lights to change, especially when i've just missed a green and have to wait through the whole sequence, when there is absolutely no other traffic around. Putting a sensor 100-150m back from the junction would mean the light would go green for any approaching car. Does this make sense to anyone else?
    E

Lots of European cities have flashing ambers at junctions after a certain hour, i.e. like a pedestrian crossing - nudge forward a little and go for it if safe to do so.

Works great but might not here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Sun Cream Factor 50 shotgun cartridges!

Thought of it while trying to apply sun cream to my two kids, nearly impossible.

Load up the old shotty, yell "Pull" and a child heads for the door.

"Boom"..."Boom"...all coated in sun cream!

I fired the double cause it's really sunny out.

Ive been thinking of this one since it's been posted, it sounds really cool. As in refreshing like, getting shot with suncream!

I think there may be some future with this in healthspas or something where they bring you into a room and shoot you with all kinds of gunk.

Even champagne, or chocolate, or Guinness :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Of course the logical extension of the suncream shotgun would be the Family Frag Grenade, dont mess about trying to shoot suncream on the kids individually, in a Catholic country we have big families, do the lot in one go, summon them into the living room, chuck in the family size sun cream fragmentation grenade and the job is done in seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Show different movies in our cinemas instead of the exact same films everywhere.

Advertisement