Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas you think are great but most people probably think are rubbish.

Options
  • 04-06-2010 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

In other words a thread of ideas that you dont want to say to real people.

I always think Tennis is a great game ruined by constantly having to walk up to the net and get the ball that you have double faulted for the umpteenth time. Its frustrating and ruins the flow of the game and lets face it ball boys/stray orphans are not as common as they once were.

It makes a great game ****.

Solution: STEEL NETS! Well it wouldnt be a net really, just a stiff metal perforated rail. Think of it, all the advantages of a net such as stopping the ball from reaching the other person but you never have to run up to the net to get it as it just bounces off the "net" and back to you. It never sags either and lasts forever. Also, if you hit a hard shot too near it and clip the "net" it might come back, hit you and cause incredible pain for you and laughter for you opponent and vice versa.

I sense a call from Wimbledon organisers any moment :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

I like the idea of a plane made out of glass so I can see properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭veryangryman

samsemtex wrote: »

I always think Tennis is a great game ruined by constantly having to walk up to the net and get the ball that you have double faulted for the umpteenth time. Its frustrating and ruins the flow of the game and lets face it ball boys/stray orphans are not as common as they once were.

It makes a great game ****.

Solution: STEEL NETS! Well it wouldnt be a net really, just a stiff metal perforated rail. Think of it, all the advantages of a net such as stopping the ball from reaching the other person but you never have to run up to the net to get it as it just bounces off the "net" and back to you. It never sags either and lasts forever. Also, if you hit a hard shot too near it and clip the "net" it might come back, hit you and cause incredible pain for you and laughter for you opponent and vice versa.

I sense a call from Wimbledon organisers any moment :cool:

Your ideas fascinate me and i wish to subscribe to your newsletter

I like any idea that involves lesser sagging over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Banana sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

legalise weed

*leaves thread before asked to*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I had the great idea of sensored street lights. Miles of motorway/Dual carriageway are lit through the night with no one about, its a waste. So the sensor on the lampost would turn on the next 4 or 5 lights and turn off any behind the car, so the only part of the road lit would be at and in front of the car for 100-150m.

Turns out these lights use a shitload of electricity warming up and turning on, so that's a no-go, and LED lights will probably replace standard streetlights in the future and use a fraction of the electricity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

Communism

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Stee wrote: »
    I had the great idea of sensored street lights. Miles of motorway/Dual carriageway are lit through the night with no one about, its a waste. So the sensor on the lampost would turn on the next 4 or 5 lights and turn off any behind the car, so the only part of the road lit would be at and in front of the car for 100-150m.

Turns out these lights use a shitload of electricity warming up and turning on, so that's a no-go, and LED lights will probably replace standard streetlights in the future and use a fraction of the electricity.

I've an even better idea!

How about every car carries around a pair of lights with it that they can use when it gets dark! Only the area in front and a bit behind of the car would be lit.

Patent pending :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

A friend of mine says she always hates putting up her Christmas tree. So for her she wants a Christmas tree that pops out of the floor on December 1st every year.

What a rubbish idea, she should've kept that one to herself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

piby wrote: »
    Communism

link...manifesto?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

RATM wrote: »
    A friend of mine says she always hates putting up her Christmas tree. So for her she wants a Christmas tree that pops out of the floor on December 1st every year.

What a rubbish idea, she should've kept that one to herself :pac:

terrible idea, the 1st of december is far too early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Stee wrote: »

It's been considered before! Well, at least with street lamps. The problem was that it highlighted people's movements...not great if you have a spot light on you as you strolling down the road in the dead of night..great for rapists and muggers though!

edit: forgot to add my idea - I want to see a modern day colosseum for death row / life inmates where they can battle for their freedom. The ticket prices + tv rights alone could fund an entire jail system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

4 day work/college week.
    Heard a woman talking about it before on the radio, stating that studies showed it actually increased production in the workplace, as people were better rested, happier and got more work done in less time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Sell all assets including the gold in the vatican and feed the third world

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

token56 wrote: »
    terrible idea, the 1st of december is far too early late

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Harvest some hardened criminals in Irish jails for food and to make room for others. Mmmm criminals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Bring back Gladiatorial games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Mandatory abortions!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Bringing back genuine hard labour for prisoners in a prison.
    (including chain gangs - who are also sent out with either a pick or shovel work hard all day.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

samsemtex wrote: »

You mean the people on boards aren't real? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

It's been considered before! Well, at least with street lamps. The problem was that it highlighted people's movements...not great if you have a spot light on you as you strolling down the road in the dead of night..great for rapists and muggers though!

I think its OK -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwDkoJKPr4g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

jd007 wrote: »
    You mean the people on boards aren't real? :(

I am merely a figment of my own imagination.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You know that Slurm on Futurama? Watching them drink it and talk about it makes me think it's a great idea, and I BADLY want a can of it, no matter who's anus it comes out of. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Instead of buying toilet rolls where you have to go tto the nasty esffort of scrunching up the paper, you should be able to buy huge sacks of pre-scrunched paper

• Registered Users Posts: 24,478 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I think a child licence is a great idea.

most won't...

Everyone get mod status.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Everyone get mod status.

Banned

For re-reg of Aids by google

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Banned

For re-reg of Aids by google

Ya think we're the same person?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Instead of buying toilet rolls where you have to go tto the nasty esffort of scrunching up the paper, you should be able to buy huge sacks of pre-scrunched paper

A genius! need to careful on type of paper used though.

* awaits an excellent observation from FlutterinBantam *

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

A ban on all religions :D

Mandatory training for all parents-to-be with followup testing & training every 2-3 years.

3 day weekends.

Remove money from society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Take one island and ship all criminals there and give them guns, then put cameras all over the place and have a televised Battle Royale.
    Survivors are enlisted in the British Army.

Advertisement