Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas you think are great but most people probably think are rubbish.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Din Taylor wrote: »
    Boneless chicken.

That's ridiculous, a time machine would be more realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Din Taylor wrote: »
    Boneless chicken.

My man, that's already been done!
    Get your ass down to KFC :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Din Taylor

karlog wrote: »
    That's ridiculous, a time machine would be more realistic.
    But you get all the loveliness of chicken without the hassle of having to debone it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

A chocolate teapot would be brill. Or an ashtray on a motorbike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Din Taylor

My man, that's already been done!
    Get your ass down to KFC :p
    I'm talking about a complete chicken without any bones not just coated chicken breast. KFC is nice though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fingerbob

A kind of push pop thing with pringle tins, a bit at the bottom that you can push up from the outside, hence you can easily access the remaining pringles that are usually hard to reach at the bottom of the tin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭yeah?

fingerbob wrote: »
    A kind of push pop thing with pringle tins, a bit at the bottom that you can push up from the outside, hence you can easily access the remaining pringles that are usually hard to reach at the bottom of the tin.

Thats not rubbish, thats brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

yeah? wrote: »

God forbid you have to tilt the container lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Ejector seats in cars and then thick mattresses on every corner to land on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭yeah?

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    God forbid you have to tilt the container lol.

And risk pringles flying all over you and the floor?
    No, they're too precious! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fingerbob

yeah? wrote: »

Might have to take a patent out on that one then.. my friends never gave it the appreciation it deserved!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Stee wrote: »
    I had the great idea of sensored street lights. Miles of motorway/Dual carriageway are lit through the night with no one about, its a waste. So the sensor on the lampost would turn on the next 4 or 5 lights and turn off any behind the car, so the only part of the road lit would be at and in front of the car for 100-150m.

Turns out these lights use a shitload of electricity warming up and turning on, so that's a no-go, and LED lights will probably replace standard streetlights in the future and use a fraction of the electricity.
    It'd burn the bulbs out quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I worked in a care home for the developmentally disabled up until a few years ago and one of the problems that many clients encountered was epilepsy. I used to do a lot of night shifts and you had to constantly check that people weren't having seizures in their sleep

I had the idea one night that a bed-sheet fitted with motion sensors and hooked wirelessly up to a central alarm system would be a fantastic idea. I even attempted to patent it and had it written up by a New York law firm, seriously :o

Never got to the prototype stage because anyone I spoke to about making it insisted that it would cause more problems than it rectifies

that was my chindōgu.. I still thinks it's a good idea though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Nappies for dogs so when they do **** on the foot path, beech or your lawn, the **** ends up a the owners home who should then dispose of in an enviromental way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead yearns for the day when a bright inventor invents a pair of shoes that cut the grass as yot walk up and down the lawn. No more dragging the poxy lawnmower out of the shed knocking over tins of paint and boxes of poxy powertools. No more pulling the poxy start lead and pulling muscles in the upper right quadrant of your shoulder area. No more having to listen to the poxy "neeaeaeaeaeaeaaeeaeaeaeaea" noise as the poxy engine buzzes like a bunch of teenage girls drunk on alcopops. No more emptying bags of stinking poxy pollen ridden grass that make your hay fevered infected eyes sting and water like a poxy liquid nettle. No more of any of that poxy nonsense. Just a pair of blue and yellow shoes with silver deathly sharp rotator blades in the soles that whirr softly but slice sharply. Merciless shoes that go "slice, slice, shred, shred"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

Getting on a boat full of lentils and cement and attempting to take on the Israeli Defence Forces.

MEGA face palm.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Just had a great idea, which should keep everyone happy.....

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.

Pure genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Drug and medical experiments on convicted murderers and rapists, to speed up new treatments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Have only men in the Dáil and only women in the Seanad.

what about velcro attached to children so they dont get lost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I think keeping pets of any kind is wrong. Most pets I see look bored, are made wear the clothes of human beings and are dragged around places on a piece of rope and have no say in the matter. I suggest releasing them into the wild again.

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I think keeping pets of any kind is wrong. Most pets I see look bored, are made wear the clothes of human beings and are dragged around places on a piece of rope and have no say in the matter. I suggest releasing them into the wild again.

is that pets or emo kids and goths?

Lower the voting age to 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭trapsagenius

piby wrote: »
    Communism

That's a crap idea alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Drug and medical experiments on convicted murderers and rapists, to speed up new treatments
    pretty horrible stuff, I hope you weren't being serious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I worked in a care home for the developmentally disabled up until a few years ago and one of the problems that many clients encountered was epilepsy. I used to do a lot of night shifts and you had to constantly check that people weren't having seizures in their sleep

I had the idea one night that a bed-sheet fitted with motion sensors and hooked wirelessly up to a central alarm system would be a fantastic idea. I even attempted to patent it and had it written up by a New York law firm, seriously :o

Never got to the prototype stage because anyone I spoke to about making it insisted that it would cause more problems than it rectifies

that was my chindōgu.. I still thinks it's a good idea though :P

not to lower the tone, but would someone having a tom hank set it off?

Would it be easier to measure their brain activity from the ceiling - i'd imagine there's a characteristic wave arrangement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

BBDBB wrote: »
    is that pets or emo kids and goths?

Haha...they should all be released into the wild together. Doesn´t seem fair keeping the EMOs in the confines of the grounds of the Central Bank in Dublin like that. Cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Pighead wrote: »
    Just a pair of blue and yellow shoes with silver deathly sharp rotator blades in the soles that whirr softly but slice sharply. Merciless shoes that go "slice, slice, shred, shred"

Change those colours to red, white and blue and the American military might be interested in Pigheads death shoes. Understandably of course, cutting the white house grass with them might not be their primary purpose.

Bring in a law that people in pubs, internet cafés, shops must got outside to use their mobile phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Sun Cream Factor 50 shotgun cartridges!

Thought of it while trying to apply sun cream to my two kids, nearly impossible.

Load up the old shotty, yell "Pull" and a child heads for the door.

"Boom"..."Boom"...all coated in sun cream!

I fired the double cause it's really sunny out.

Advertisement