Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom price rises

Options
  • 16-01-2015 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

I;ve read in the independent that eircom will be increasing their prices soon by 60-100 euro a year . Will that be for existing customers? 
    Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I;ve read in the independent that eircom will be increasing their prices soon by 60-100 euro a year . Will that be for existing customers? 
    Thank you.
    HI _Whimsical_

Yes also for existing customers, more details here: http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Price-Changes-14-01-2015/td-p/87014

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭WeirdKen

Hi Alan,

Will I have the option to cancel my contract without penalty if I don't accept the price change? Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

WeirdKen wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

Will I have the option to cancel my contract without penalty if I don't accept the price change? Thanks...
    You can, if you read the FAQ section of the links provided in the post above you'll see that you can cancel within 30 days of the price hikes being announced. I presume it's only if your package is affected though.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭WeirdKen

You can, if you read the FAQ section of the links provided in the post above you'll see that you can cancel within 30 days of the price hikes being announced. I presume it's only if your package is affected though.
    Thanks for the info. Hope my package is increased. Looking for a quick end to my contract...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Got my email today to say my price is going up. 

If you think I am going to pay you a cent more for my 1mb crap you can forget about it. Why do I have to pay the same as somebody receiving 120mb. And now you want more. ??

Go and whistle. Cancellation request imminent. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

WeirdKen wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Hope my package is increased. Looking for a quick end to my contract...
    Hi WeirdKen,
    Thanks Whimsical, yes that is correct. If your package price is affected you do have the option to cease account.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 36 samvimes

What is the deadline for email/Letter about this increase?  I haven't received any correspondence yet

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

I wouldn't worry about the letter - just ring them on 1901 and ask if your price is been increased. If it is you then have the option of cancelling. They will more than likely offer you a €15 discount for 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 36 samvimes

kranbo wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about the letter - just ring them on 1901 and ask if your price is been increased. If it is you then have the option of cancelling. They will more than likely offer you a €15 discount for 6 months
    Already tried that, was told by the initial person that yes the price was increasing, then I was told by the 'loyalty' guy that there would be a cancellation charge if I cancelled, par for the course I think

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

samvimes wrote: »
    Already tried that, was told by the initial person that yes the price was increasing, then I was told by the 'loyalty' guy that there would be a cancellation charge if I cancelled, par for the course I think
    ring again

see post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94039421&postcount=11

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi samvimes,
    if you PM me with the details I can confirm yes or no on this.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Becks14

Hi samvimes,
    Tony
    Hi Tony, 

If I PM my account details could you check for me also - I spoke to a girl in your billing team last week and she said the increase was across the board, however I spoke to an agent in the loyalty team who said the opposite. 

I haven't received any correspondence yet. 

Thanks, 

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mugs11

Have the below package at the moment:

eircom talktime chatter €27.15
    Broadband Advanced Unlimited €24.79

Total €52.63 (incl. VAT)

Only use broadband, never use the phoneline for calls (as I don't have a phone). Chances of reducing the €52 p/m charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Becks14 wrote: »
    Hi samvimes,
    Tony
    Hi Tony, 

If I PM my account details could you check for me also - I spoke to a girl in your billing team last week and she said the increase was across the board, however I spoke to an agent in the loyalty team who said the opposite. 

Thanks, 

Hi Becks14, 

Feel free to PM me your details and I'll clarify this for you.

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi samvimes,
    Tony
    Hi Tony, 

Thanks, 

Hi Becks14, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    PM sent Tracey. 

Thanks. 

Hi samvimes,
    Tony
    Hi Tony, 

Thanks, 

Hi Becks14, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    PM sent Tracey. 

Thanks. 
    Any update on this Tracey been nearly 48 hours since I PM'd

Still no response to my PM or my post...

Hi Becks14

I can see that the price increase will affect your account. Should you wish to cease as a result you will need to contact cancellations on free phone 1901

Thanks
    AL

When will I receive written correspondence regarding the price increase as I haven't got anything yet. And how much will my bill go up by? I'm quite eager to know when my months timeframe is up. 

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi Becks14

I can see that the price increase will affect your account. Should you wish to cease as a result you will need to contact cancellations on free phone 1901

Thanks
    AL
    I have pointed out before that there appears to be no provision in the Eircom Terms and Conditions which require a customers to contact any Eircom number in respect of cancellations.  The Eircom Terms and Conditions require written cancellation notice.  Can you state why you are directing customers who wish to cancel to contact an Eircom phone number please or where this procedure is provided for in Eircom's Terms and Conditions?

• Advertisement

From what I've seen dub45 they want to speak to you over the phone but then they ask you to email them directly and take that as cancellation notice I'm not entirely sure what their though process is behind it but I will find out shortly when I get the price increase letter... 

The cancellation address should be available freely to customers without any phone calls having to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Hi guys,

Does canceling the contract cancel just the phone/broadband or does it cancel the phone/broadband and line?

thanks,

Johnnio13 if they put a months notice cancellation on the account and you don't transfer to another provider in that time frame the full line would be cancelled. But if you have the UAN and transfer to another provider in that time frame the line will stay active but it will be with your new provider.

dub45 wrote: »
    Hi Becks14

Thanks
    AL
    I have pointed out before that there appears to be no provision in the Eircom Terms and Conditions which require a customers to contact any Eircom number in respect of cancellations.  The Eircom Terms and Conditions require written cancellation notice.  Can you state why you are directing customers who wish to cancel to contact an Eircom phone number please or where this procedure is provided for in Eircom's Terms and Conditions?
    Hi dub45

Operational decisions and procedures would are not normally be covered in terms and conditions. A request to call is required with the aim of advising customers on what happens next such as advising regarding outstanding balance, how an amount in credit will be arranged upon closure etc. After calling a confirmation email will then be required for record and follow up.

Thanks
    Al

dub45 wrote: »
    Hi Becks14

Thanks
    AL
    Hi dub45

Operational decisions and procedures would are not normally be covered in terms and conditions. A request to call is required with the aim of advising customers on what happens next such as advising regarding outstanding balance, how an amount in credit will be arranged upon closure etc. After calling a confirmation email will then be required for record and follow up.

Thanks
    Al
    Operational decisions and procedures are obviously governed by the Terms and Conditions and Eircom cannot vary them willy nilly.  If Eircom wish to vary their Terms and Conditions then they are obliged to do this in a particular way: i.e. give a customers a month's notice of the changes etc

Eircom's Terms and Conditions require a Customer to give written notice if they wish to terminate their contract - nothing else.  Eircom have no right under their own Terms and Conditions to require a customer wishing to terminate the contract to do anything else. Eircom should openly provide an email and postal address for the customer to comply with their contractual obligations.
    10.3 You may cancel / terminate the Service outside the Minimum Period of Service
    by giving eircom one (1) month’s notice in writing. eircom may agree to accept
    cancellation / termination of the Service outside of the Minimum Period of
    Service without the need for one (1) months’ notice in which case you will be
    obliged to pay to eircom an early cease charge of in lieu of notice

There is of course nothing to stop Eircom contacting a customer in respect of the other matters you mention.

Thanks
    AL

Any idea when the corresponsdence regarding the price increase will be sent out to me? surely you can see the correspondence issued on my acocunt.

Hi Eircom Reps,

I cancelled my account within the 30 days as directed by your email to me.
    However, my final bill includes 61eur for a cancellation charge. Can you please correct this? Let me know if you need to PM my UAN to you.

Johnnio

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Hi Eircom Reps,

I cancelled my account within the 30 days as directed by your email to me.
    However, my final bill includes 61eur for a cancellation charge. Can you please correct this? Let me know if you need to PM my UAN to you.

Johnnio
    Hi Johnnio13

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

You asked me to contact you again if I received another bill for my cancelled account. I've received another notification via email today that there is another bill in the ether.
    Could you work your magic again please?

Thanks,
    John

Advertisement