Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SANTA STRIKE FORCE 2014! PLEASE DONATE AND SHARE!!!! :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Beasty - you said a euro for each thank in the thread right. Multiple thanks coming your way...

30 bills in the kitty there - 44P01310M4998344T

I'll top it up come payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, as it seems a bit quiet around here, let's try and give this year's appeal a bit of momentum!!

Firstly I want to be the ultimate thanks whore - I will donate €1 for every thanks I get in this thread before XMas day.:)

Secondly I will throw in €10 for every poster who make a (genuine!) pledge in this thread between now and midnight on Sunday 7th December

Let's see how much you guys can make me suffer:pac:

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Dav seems quite proficient at pressing the (wrong) buttons.....:pac:

EDIT: and in response to the post below, yes I meant thread, although I may now condense messages into a smaller number of posts.....

EDIT2: and in response to the post two posts below - don't worry (too much!) - seems very quiet around here this year:P

Hey! Thats cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Typical thanks whoring from Beasty :p

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭omicron

€10

8E1491314T157134C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I usually donate when I'm sitting down to a glass of wine after putting up my tree, so I won't break with tradition this year!

€250 donated, transaction ends in -275611G

I love when this thread pops up. Its become a little Christmas tradition for me. Can only do €20 for now as my situation has changed from last year. That could change on Monday. If so, more €€€ your way.

For Beasty.

Transaction number: 3N912403AC526400H.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I pledge a donation too. Will pay when at a computer!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Secondly I will throw in €10 for every poster who make a (genuine!) pledge in this thread between now and midnight on Sunday 7th December

Do you mean you'll donate €10 for every pledge a user makes? Or is is a tenner per user no matter how many pledges they make?
    *is trying to hatch a dastardly plan to remove lots of money from Beasty :D*

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

€50 donated. Transaction ending with 202B. Fair play yet again Beasty.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll donate 50. I've never formally donated on the thread before hahah... good man beasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

€20 donated - 55TV697574G.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Spamming my ads here :) Annual SSF Adverts purge. Exchange your euros for stuff and things. All proceeds to SSF. Lowball offers welcome! Anything with an offer on it before 8 p.m. Saturday 13th is a done deal.

<
    Adverts. Click the link.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭PutDownArtist

What needs to be established is how much was raised last year?

And how much has been raised thus far?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭omicron

What needs to be established is how much was raised last year?

According to last years thread:
    DeVore wrote: »

13k and still going is a terrific year. The average SSF collection is about 8k!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,466 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Nothing to stop you doing a quick tot-up and posting the total here;)

EDIT: Dammit - should have been an edit of my previous post:pac:

EDIT2: In response to the post below - Yes?

Beasty

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There are always a decent number of donations which aren't listed here too, people who just donate but don't post on the thread.

Next week we'll do a site wide campaign to begin to spin things up too.

I'm never concerned all that much about how much we raise compared to previous years, obviously more is better but everything makes a difference. Its not a competition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭PutDownArtist

DeVore wrote: »
    There are always a decent number of donations which aren't listed here too, people who just donate but don't post on the thread.

Next week we'll do a site wide campaign to begin to spin things up too.

I'm never concerned all that much about how much we raise compared to previous years, obviously more is better but everything makes a difference. Its not a competition.

You wouldn't know it from the one-upmanship in this thread.

My best wishes attracted one lousy 'thank', as opposed to dozens of thanks received by the people donating cash.

I wish more people would get that life is about more than money.

Saw Tony heffernan and his wife from bumbleance getting a people of the year award there on rte 1. Congrats to them. Well deserved

• Advertisement

EDIT5:
    It's a tenner per pledger, not per pledge - that particular cunning plan was anticipated when I made the original post.

Damn.
    I'd have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids Beasty :pac:

Just to spite you and your cleverness, I've just donated €50, transaction number ending -31091A.
    So there.
    Take that.
    :p

PS Beasty, you're a ledge :):o

My best wishes attracted one lousy 'thank', as opposed to dozens of thanks received by the people donating cash.

What a bizarre thing to say.
    I donated money because I think it's a great cause, and I love supporting charities that help sick kids, because they make my heart go gooey... I posted my donation so that people can get a tally together.
    I couldn't give a flying fluck if I get no thanks, I don't want thanks, that's sooooo not what this is about.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.
    Don't drag this lovely thread down :(

Nothing to stop you doing a quick tot-up and posting the total here;)

EDIT: Dammit - should have been an edit of my previous post:pac:

EDIT2: In response to the post below - Yes?

Nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

€20 donated through PayPal. Transaction ID ends in 1309. Fair play for all the hard work and donations! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Do you post to receive thanks, though?

I haven't donated because I simply can't afford to (yay, back week in work!), but I'm hoping to donate once my wages are sorted. I won't be posting here when I do, because feck it, who cares? I don't need thanks on a feckin' post.

At the end of the day though, lots of people post their donations here because it keeps the thread popping up on the front page. People read popular threads.

Of course your well wishes are appreciated. I'm sure all of the charities involved, and DeVore appreciate it, from everyone. Appreciation isn't measured in thanks on a post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

€20
    Transaction ID ending in RM313433P

and sig changed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

€40 via PayPal.

Transaction ending 99073S

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,466 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

... not as much pain as I feared - sod it I'll leave this "offer" open another 24 hours until midnight on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

... not as much pain as I feared - sod it I'll leave this "offer" open another 24 hours until midnight on Monday

Good man Beasty. I was on the run the last few days and totally cocked up my Paypal account. So after resetting my password and deleting and reinstating my primary credit card I have managed to make a donation. €50 for the kitty, transaction ending 2612K.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thought I'd missed this :pac:

Donation made, €30 transaction ending 2222 - 4 little ducks :p

Advertisement