Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet attendents?.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Homeless people specialize in that type of sarcasm also. I'm not obliged to give money to anyone to be honest - I worked harder for my money than they do! Legally, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

preilly79 wrote: »
    I think they play on your desires to not be seen as rude or unkind. hence it's hard to refuse the tissue they hand you after you've washed your hands. even harder to accept it and walk away without acknowledging his 'effort' by leaving a tip.

No need to ignore, just say no thanks :)

I think its more to do with being pissed and having a pocket full of change tbh. I get more generous as the night gets on and the worse for it in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

preilly79 wrote: »
    I think they play on your desires to not be seen as rude or unkind. hence it's hard to refuse the tissue they hand you after you've washed your hands. even harder to accept it and walk away without acknowledging his 'effort' by leaving a tip.

No need to ignore, just say no thanks :)
    thats a very good point ! thought it was just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

They're frigging everywhere. Its something I hate tipping for, but I do tip especially if I'm feeling a bit smelly and want some deo or aftershave.

But for handing me a paper towel? Well done genius, you saved me reaching another foot. Here's the deed to my house, my first born child and a nice glare from me. Get lost.

Fair enough, I understand what they're supposed to do, keep an eye on the jacks, stop rampant drug use etc. But the one's in the local "club" (it barely warrents being called a club) stand around while the place swims in piss, drugs are rife, and even sometimes offered by the attendant.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Back some years ago in the Playwright pub there was a guy who had the whole toilet attendant thing down to a fine art I was very impressed with the way he had a bowl beside the sink with only €1 and €2 coins in it.

I saw one bloke put in some small change.

The toilet attendant then removed the small change into his pocket and only left the 1's and 2's so people would think this was what you had to put into the bowl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

S.L.F wrote: »
    Back some years ago in the Playwright pub there was a guy who had the whole toilet attendant thing down to a fine art I was very impressed with the way he had a bowl beside the sink with only €1 and €2 coins in it.

I saw one bloke put in some small change.

The toilet attendant then removed the small change into his pocket and only left the 1's and 2's so people would think this was what you had to put into the bowl.

youll find most buskers do this also!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Trinity1 wrote: »
    You've 11 posts and you are bothered by something :eek:

I found it funny. What people do with their thanks is their business.

Save it up for something worth getting pissed over ffs

Is 11 posts not enough to say if you are unhappy about something? so you're saying you have to be on here years before you can say something?? That doesn't make sense to me.

Pighead is just another poster to me and I'm sure many others, who cares how long you have been posting on here, everyone has something valuabe to say,

no offence pighead:D

Pighead wrote: »
    Listen here sunshine. Pighead put a whole lot of effort into that post and for that alone it was worth a thanks. You come in wearing your negativity like a cowboy wears his stetson trying to ruin Pigheads weekend. Why would you do that? What's your angle kickupthehole?

And for the record you failed to ruin Pigheads weekend as he only hurts when people with over 20 posts say nasty things about him.

By the way Pighead why do you always refer to yourself in the third person?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Talked to one of them. Said he did it as he couldn't get any other job.

I say we should get healthy long-term dole people into the jacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

YOU FOOL!!!!:eek:

Dont you know what happened to the last person who said that to Pighead?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055249267

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-46785.html

Wow, was that really six years ago? Still, I'd thought the whole toilet attendant thing had died away over the last few years. There's certainly nowhere near as many as there was in 2006 say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

the_syco wrote: »
    Talked to one of them. Said he did it as he couldn't get any other job.

I say we should get healthy long-term dole people into the jacks.

Yeah, head first, and flush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

THANKS PIGHEAD!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kickupthehole

He clearly doesn't realise how cringe-worthy it is. His posts are just so pathetic, real paint by numbers ****e, everyone knows what he is going to post before he does. I don't whats worse though, the fact that he's such a boring cnut, or the fact that theres a collection of tards around here who clap their fins in delight every time he comes out with these so called "witty" remarks. I really don't know who to pity more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

He clearly doesn't realise how cringe-worthy it is. His posts are just so pathetic, real paint by numbers ****e, everyone knows what he is going to post before he does. I don't whats worse though, the fact that he's such a boring cnut, or the fact that theres a collection of tards around here who clap their fins in delight every time he comes out with these so called "witty" remarks. I really don't know who to pity more.

I love how a Dec 2008 reg. knows so much. Banned.

Annnnddd....back on topic in 3...2...

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Pighead wrote: »
    Bouncers are worse. Toilet attendants never judge Pighead by the footwear he wears on a night out.

ya do know they dont care bout ur footwear, the bouncers that say this are just twats doing this for there own kicks.

YOU FOOL!!!!:eek:

Dont you know what happened to the last person who said that to Pighead?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055249267

ah right he called some-one a retard:D.....no anagrams of midlandsmissus as far as I'm aware....or is there....

Karoma wrote: »
    I love how a Dec 2008 reg. knows so much. /quote]

personally im dec reg too. but ive been reading from the boards since dec of last year. thats prob how he knows so much.

glad i finally reged tho, this place is addictive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

ah right he called some-one a retard:D.....no anagrams of midlandsmissus as far as I'm aware....or is there....

On to a more important question.

Can you fart and pee at the same time?

On to a more important question.

Can you fart and pee at the same time?

i love how topics change so much thru out a day.

and i can do both, woo woo me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Only Pighead knows ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

I was over in Vegas for the last week, toilet attendants over there were funny as hell.

"Welcome to the bathroom Sir, enjoy your piss."

I said ****in right I will, on the way out I got a little spray of some funky expensive stuff, some mouthwash and a big cigar. Now thats what I call classy!
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Well there is the oh-so-insulting: Damn Dis Is Slums

Perhaps referring to the midlands? :P

Or Dads Muslin Miss... but that's both religious and incestuous...

Advertisement