Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet attendents?.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

why did that post get a thanks? :confused:

Feeling left out? There I thanked yours. Now everybody's happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Some of the ones in ladies take out all the toilet roll so you have to take some from them before going into the cubicles. Thankfully I always have tissues in my hand bag.
    Hate it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i hate toilet attendants its so degrading to them i think and you. its kinda like what did we do to dry our hands before there was a big ****er to hand you woilet roll in the jacks.

I really think we need to unleash a cheryl cole on these toilet attendants she'll sort them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kickupthehole

javaboy wrote: »
    Feeling left out? There I thanked yours. Now everybody's happy.

no I just hate the way certain boards users feel the need to thank pighead for every post he makes despite the fact it not being funny, interesting or thanks-worthy in any way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

no I just hate the way certain boards users feel the need to thank pighead for every post he makes despite the fact it not being funny, interesting or thanks-worthy in any way

You've 11 posts and you are bothered by something :eek:

I found it funny. What people do with their thanks is their business.

Save it up for something worth getting pissed over ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Listen here sunshine. Pighead put a whole lot of effort into that post and for that alone it was worth a thanks. You come in wearing your negativity like a cowboy wears his stetson trying to ruin Pigheads weekend. Why would you do that? What's your angle kickupthehole?

And for the record you failed to ruin Pigheads weekend as he only hurts when people with over 20 posts say nasty things about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Now, you know that half the board will have to scroll up to thank Pighead just to annoy you now, just like I did.

Thanks Pighead, and I thanked you further up too.

Every has to thank pighead now thanks to you :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Doesn't anybody remember The Slate's infamous 'Blacks in the Jacks' article? I believe Ms. Mumba herself commented on the piece... allegedly. :P

Oh how I miss the Slate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Mairt wrote: »
    I was out with the works Christmas party on Thursday night, great night.

During it we hit the Arlington on the quays (Dublin). Crap boozer, but there ya go that happens.

My biggest problem with this place was the toilets. They weren't especially dirty, male toilets are usually cleaner than the wimmens anyhow.

But - IT HAD A TOILET ATTENDENT!.

An African lad offering aftershave lotions, sprays, tissue etc.

Frankly, I find this embarressing and very annoying.

I know the lad is making good money, one club I work in the hubby and wife bragged of making over €500- a night between them.

I rarely if ever return to a bar with toilet attendents.

Have you never come across this before? My local club has had a toilet attendant for the last 5 years I'd say. God, it really must be the worst job in the world. Imagine standing there all night, while everyone falls in pissed around ya. I do feel bad for them. The one in our club is shocking crafty though: hands ya things like even a bit of paper, and once you've used it then she pounces for money. People are so embarassed 9 times out of 10 that they give it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

What an odd thing for someone only registered this month to notice. Were you a lurker for ages before? Or a rereg?
    Mairt wrote: »
    Now, you know that half the board will have to scroll up to thank Pighead just to annoy you now, just like I did.

Thanks Pighead, and I thanked you further up too.

Every has to thank pighead now thanks to you :mad:

Now I'm thinking maybe it's an alt account of Pighead's designed to get just that kind of reaction. To the conspiracy theories forum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Hmmmm...maybe it's my imagination Mairt, but did you start a thread on this subject this time last year or the year before?

I don't like toilet attendents-I'm well able to find the hand-dryer and paper sheets myself.

It's funny-you gotta pay over the mark for filling up on liquid at the bar and then they want to charge you when you empty that liquid in the toilet.

You're just renting the water!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You're just renting the water!:pac:

You get to keep the hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hmmmm...maybe it's my imagination Mairt, but did you start a thread on this subject this time last year or the year before?

Ok, I'll admit it. She only lets me out once a year :o

Tbh, I don't know if I posted a thread about it before. But I know its been discussed before and my opinions haven't changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

The lad in the GPO toilets sells lollipops as well.... My friend got in trouble for trying to steal them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:eek:

jaysus!!! 11 posts in and you are jousting with the Pig.

You better be good son.

:eek:

jaysus!!! 11 posts in and you are jousting with the Pig.

You better be good son.

Clearly the noob missed the thread on whether to keep or get rid of the thanks button.

There should be a slap button for those under 25 posts. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

preilly79 wrote: »
    I think they play on your desires to not be seen as rude or unkind. hence it's hard to refuse the tissue they hand you after you've washed your hands. even harder to accept it and walk away without acknowledging his 'effort' by leaving a tip.

No need to ignore, just say no thanks :)

Or just take the paper/soap and not offer a tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Just dry your hands on his shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Phenomenon123

the ones that work in shopping centres all day every day and just stand in their deserve an award imo

i could'nt do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

The lad in the GPO toilets sells lollipops as well.....

One of many reasons I don't go clubbing in Galway.

Some geezer stands around while you whip your mickey out, then asks you if you'd like a lollipop? :eek::eek:

I thought those lads had their own nightclub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

big b wrote: »

Some geezer stands around while you whip your mickey out, then asks you if you'd like a lollipop? :eek::eek:

The GPO isn't in Galway :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

phasers wrote: »

Oh yes it is!!!

http://www.gpo.ie/

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

DonalN wrote: »
    Oh yes it is!!!

I'm talking about the real one :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

I'll refer you to Shacklebolt's location

and this http://www.gpo.ie/

before asking you ever so nicely to check your facts before posting shoite

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I'm talking about the real one :rolleyes::rolleyes:

oh it's real alright - many a night i couldn't find my way out of it...coz I was...well, out of it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Why are they always black?

grasshopa wrote: »
    Why are they always black?

So after they wipe the **** up off the floor and back of toilet with their bare hands they wont see the stains. They are too cheap to use their own products to wash up you see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Just out of interest where is the gay bar in Galway? Somebody told me they give out free johnnies.

Well I think youll find...
    Oh yes it is!!!

Well done.
    I'll refer you to Shacklebolt's location

and this http://www.gpo.ie/

before asking you ever so nicely to check your facts before posting shoite

Well said these ignorant ****ers should know where GPO, Cuba, Coytes, Karma, and CPs are! ;)
    oh it's real alright - many a night i couldn't find my way out of it...coz I was...well, out of it! :D

It does have an odd layout that confuses people whilst intoxicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Berty wrote: »
    So after they wipe the **** up off the floor and back of toilet with their bare hands they wont see the stains. They are too cheap to use their own products to wash up you see.

Only back from a ban if I recall, and posting this crap? Watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I was handed a paper towel, And i didn't tip your man, Start to walk out, And he says really cheekily "Thanks very much" and looking like i just pissed in his cornflakes.

Advertisement