Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I am currently paying 64 a month for the Entertainment with sports and movies, I called the other day and dropped the sports and movies and added multi-room for 40e (no HD), I have a few HD Plus boxes laying around so they are sending out the second card, as I need a second tv up and running and the sports and movies I can live without.

I see if I cancel completely and re join I can get Sky Q multi-room, I have seen it in action but the thing is I am not planning on upgrading my TVs any time soon and have basic HD LCD screens. Is there a major benefit I am missing by not getting Sky Q? my BB is a 4g Router with a Three sim , the router is flaky enough and needs a regular reboot, this is fine at the moment but does the 2nd Sky Q run through my home router and will this be a pain in the ass over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭Masala

bennyc wrote: »
    I am currently paying 64 a month for the Entertainment with sports and movies, I called the other day and dropped the sports and movies and added multi-room for 40e (no HD), I have a few HD Plus boxes laying around so they are sending out the second card, as I need a second tv up and running and the sports and movies I can live without.

I see if I cancel completely and re join I can get Sky Q multi-room, I have seen it in action but the thing is I am not planning on upgrading my TVs any time soon and have basic HD LCD screens. Is there a major benefit I am missing by not getting Sky Q? my BB is a 4g Router with a Three sim , the router is flaky enough and needs a regular reboot, this is fine at the moment but does the 2nd Sky Q run through my home router and will this be a pain in the ass over time.

Got the Sky Q during the summer and my comments are are follows;
    1. You get 2 boxes.... so 1 is in the kitchen (mini)
    2. You can record up to 6 channels at one time
    3. You can pause and rewind live etc
    4. Keeps wife happy when I watching football?? She can watch some soppy movie in the kitchen etc...
    5. It got Netflix App which is handy
    6. Was laid up in bed recently.... and just unplugged the mini and moved to the tv in the bedroom. Plug and play !!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭eddieoregan

31 days notice is up & my Sky Sports has been turned off, now have just Sky Entertainment Pack, it’s just getting a little too expensive now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

31 days notice is up & my Sky Sports has been turned off, now have just Sky Entertainment Pack, it’s just getting a little too expensive now!!

Did they call you to offer a discount?

No They haven't Called me yet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭celt262

I cancelled this morning and within the hour had 35% offer on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

No They haven't Called me yet anyway.

They won't call as you still have an active subscription with them. If you don't have any discounts then you would probably get half price sports for 6 months.

They won't call as you still have an active subscription with them. If you don't have any discounts then you would probably get half price sports for 6 months.

Yeah, half price Sky Sports & Sports Extra for 6 months is offered on Sky.com, would probably consider if HD Sports was included.

The half price offer is ends on 27th Sep, so I have a bit of time to see if i’ll miss Sky Sports, I bet I will.

By the way, I have had Sky Sports for over 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭Trampas

What’s the offer on broadband when cancelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,951 ✭✭✭cena

How much is the the entertainment package. I have boardband and the movie package. Looking to cut down on price

• Advertisement

Entertainment package is €32 in a 12 month contract, €37 without a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

I'm out of contract with current provider and want to upgrade to sky fibre. I'm being quoted €200 for installation and €40p/m. Anything better out there? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭Trampas

Bill was going to be €127. Offered me €111.50. Told him about virgin media 250. €55 for literally same package.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Just coming off a 12 month contract @ €50 for basic TV and Broadband. They say it will go up to €90ish once the contract ends. I can get Virgin for €55 include Sky Sports but don't fancy going back to Virgin.
    Anyone else on that offer have any experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My contract ended a few weeks ago, and I have got a missed call from Sky each day this week. I have tried to answer, but was at work. Any ideas what sort of offers they'll throw at you after you've left?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

dulpit wrote: »
    My contract ended a few weeks ago, and I have got a missed call from Sky each day this week. I have tried to answer, but was at work. Any ideas what sort of offers they'll throw at you after you've left?

I have just cancelled sky, was paying €21 for pass year variety pack think its called entertainment now ,should have been €28.99, was offered €19 straight away on phone call, said no still want to cancel,that was last week,doubt they will go cheaper, brought a i second hand combi box, will give that ago.
    Its normally 35% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭snowgal

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I have just cancelled sky, was paying €21 for pass year variety pack think its called entertainment now ,should have been €28.99, was offered €19 straight away on phone call, said no still want to cancel,that was last week,doubt they will go cheaper, brought a i second hand combi box, will give that ago.
    Its normally 35% discount.

That’s not a bad offer, I must cancel mine, I keep saying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Cancelled Sky tv on Monday as my deal with them was coming to an end.Was offered a ****e deal on the phone.
    Email from Sky yesterday with 35% off for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Got my call from sky after cancellation (ie the service is switched off). Best offer is 40% off, but seems like its only off the base, so any extras (children's channels,hd,etc) are not discounted. Poor chap sounded very deflated when I turned him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ordin73

Was on the last 30 days of my contract and so called in to "Cancel my Sky tv". The guy I got kept me on for 20mins explaining to me how i shouldn't cancel, the deal he was offering was the best available (€15 a month more than last year) and if I continued with the cancellation how much more it would cost me. Stuck to my guns and suddenly a new voice spoke and was given the 35% off for 12 months no problem.
    Thanks guys for all the tips ;) Its well worth the effort!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

My contract is up at end of month. Gonna ring tomorrow. Should I mention that other people are getting a 35% discount and ask for that? Or just say I want to cancel and say nothing else? Need to know the proper tactics before I call!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭kooga

toby2111 wrote: »
    My contract is up at end of month. Gonna ring tomorrow. Should I mention that other people are getting a 35% discount and ask for that? Or just say I want to cancel and say nothing else? Need to know the proper tactics before I call!!

don't mention the 35% - push through with cancelling - sob story too expensive cant afford it my circumstances have changed etc - I have an aerial - watching tv at the moment is not high on my priority list.
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ordin73

kooga wrote: »
    don't mention the 35% - push through with cancelling - sob story too expensive cant afford it my circumstances have changed etc - I have an aerial - watching tv at the moment is not high on my priority list.
    good luck

I agree, Keep emphasizing the cancellation is due to the cost! In my experience the first agent you speak to with be able to do very little for you. Its not until you start talking to the cancellations dept that you get a decent offers. And remember if you do go ahead with the cancellation you still have 30days before it comes into effect giving you more bargaining time..Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

How much does 35% off work out at?
    Just have sky q , multiroom, hd and entertainment

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Cancelled this morning. Was paying €47.75. Looked at my online account this evening and there was a 35% offer on. Called up and had the offer applied. I have Sky Q, Mini, HD, and the entertainment pack.

Cancelled this morning. Was paying €47.75. Looked at my online account this evening and there was a 35% offer on. Called up and had the offer applied. I have Sky Q, Mini, HD, and the entertainment pack.

How much are you paying now so?

Works out the exact same. Would have went up by €20 per month.

Works out the exact same. Would have went up by €20 per month.

OK. Does the entertainment pack have kids channels? Or is entertainment just the basic channel pack?

Yeah the one I am on has kids and documentaries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I rang yesterday because I genuinely wanted to cancel. Came back with two different offers that I didn't pay much attention to because I wanted to actually cancel.
    They where actually decent enough my current pack which apparantly no longer exists and would cost 98 euro a month down to 72 was offered (includes broadband) TV for 4 euro a week she said...then they came back with something else...some netflix amalgamation into my account for basically free...which I again turned down.

The poor girl was a bit flummoxed when I told her I don't really watch TV and I won't miss having it, especially since I rarely turn it on.

Honestly, thats an awful pain in the ass when you do actually wanna cancel. :pac:

Advertisement