Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

substitution 22lr-22lr

Options
  • 19-04-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

When doing a substitution do you just fill in section 3.4 on the fca1 or is there more to fill in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Expalin please, you are substituting a rifle in .22LR for a rifle in .22LR?

Are they actually different in design? That is, a bolt-action to a semi-auto?

I know that here in UK we have to arrange for, and pay for a 'variation' to change guns, even within the same calibre, so how does it work in the RoI?

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

i dont think it says what like for like means tac,i think it depends on whos in charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It's free here, I substituted a shotgun nearly two years ago now but as far as I can remember you have to fill out every part again bar the referees and your doctor's details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

bazza888 wrote: »
    i dont think it says what like for like means tac,i think it depends on whos in charge!

If it's a change for the same caliber and they are both non restricted, you should have no problem in getting a substitution.

If you were going from a. 22lr unrestricted to a. 22lr restricted, it would be a different case altogether.

Hi, bazza - yes I have a near-mint ES350B with a 2.5 Ajack in high mounts. It is one sweet gun and I have a zillion pics, but this here site won't let me post them the way I want to - so I usually ask Rowa or Sikamick to do it for me. If you are happy to do this for me on this occasion, I'll send you some pics via my email.

As for the missing backsight, you are very much screwed. The backsight is a complex micro-adjustable item that slides up and down the long graduated dovetail track on the top of the barrel. The letter 'N' on this track is the position of the backsight location - 'normale' - for when the rifle was used to simulate the inter-sight distance of the KAR98k service rifle/carbine, Hitler Jugend types and so on. Also, there was an inter-war competition in Germany called the Wehrmannwettkampf, or militia competition, where civilians shot at military targets with .22LR rifles and civilianised Mauser centre-fire rifles with the Wehrmann-style peep sight. I have one of these on my Swedish m/96 rifle, BTW , pics if you want.

It might be of interest to note that it took fifteen years of looking to find a replacement backsight, and it was the noted Mauser author, Jon Speed, who found it for me in a gun-show in KY back in 2005. It cost me, then, $300 and another £120 get it properly blued to match the rest of the rifle. Looks good now though and it shoots like a mad thing - Mauser quality really lasts, eh?

Like I said, email me for pics - goes for anybody else, too.

Best

tac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

For a sub. you need to:
    • Section 1 - Tick substitution, and "I have not held a cert............".
    • Section 2 - All of it.
    • Section 2.4 - All of it.
    • Section 3.1 - Input the details of new gun here.
    • Section 3.3 - Input dealers details.
    • Section 3.4 - Input your current firearm details here.
    • Section 3.5 - All of it.
    • Section 4.1 - All of it.
    • Section 4.2 - All of it.
    • Section 4.3 - If a member of a club/range.
    • Section 5.1 - Tick box.
    • Sign and date it.

It's also an idea to put in referees/photo, etc. Even though some details are not needed i've noticed a trend of Supers refusing applications for not having all the details even though they are not required for a sub. However ask yourself which is easier:
    1. Fight your point and refuse to give the details and end up waiting.
    2. Just give it to them and get the application done.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Thanks, Cass. I guess that bureaucracy rules on both sides of the Irish Sea, eh?

Same deal here, except that is costs us £40, unless it's at renewal time, in which case it costs zero.

Oh yes, we don't need photos, but we DO have to list all the guns and ammunition that we already have in our possession, just as though they'd never seen them before....sigh....

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

thanks very much cass!tac ill email you!

bazzaa888 - incomingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!

tac

Advertisement