Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scope for .22 rifle

Options
  • 27-08-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Can somebody please advise me on a good quality scope for a .22 rifle. I only got the rifle in the last few weeks and I will primarily be using it for target shooting. It's a gamo whisper fusion.

I was looking for something in the range of 100-150 euros. Is this too little for a good scope? I'd be open to a good used scope either. I just want something with good optics and that can withstand the recoil.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Try a Hawke scope. A lot of gallery rifle shooters are using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thenandnow

BillBen wrote: »
    Try a Hawke scope. A lot of gallery rifle shooters are using them.

Thanks for that. Any particular model?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

I use a 4-16x50 AO. I've two 1 on a .22 ruger and the other is on a .38 leaver action. For the money you can't go wrong

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Hawke Varmint SF. Brand new no more than €190.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thenandnow

I see there's a very reasonably priced Hawke Airmax SR6 AX 3-12x44 AO SR6 Rifle Scope on ebay at the moment. Anyone any views on that model??

Thanks a lot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

thenandnow wrote: »
    I see there's a very reasonably priced Hawke Airmax SR6 AX 3-12x44 AO SR6 Rifle Scope on ebay at the moment. Anyone any views on that model??

Thanks a lot

Unless you're going to jump to something like a .22 or .177hmr rimfire, you'll find a 3-9x40 to be perfectly good enough for target shooting with that Gamo air rifle.

I use a good value BSA Essencial scope on both a Hatsan 125 in .22 and another one on a .177 BSA PCP, both for target shooting.

This is the model here but I think they also offer a version with mildot reticule if that's your preference:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/BSA_Essential_3_9x40_AO_Rifle_Scope_30_30_Duplex_Reticle_1_4_MOA_1_Tube/4402

I can't complain at all about them. The Hatsan kicks like a right bastard as it has a very powerful spring with pretty poor damping to be honest. About 2700-2800 pellets through it so far and the scope is standing up well and holding centre fine even out to 100 metres on a windless day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I'd try buy the newer hawke scopes there far far better than the old one.
    The hawke nite eye are ****e in my opinion. I use a hawke sidewinder on my 243 and for the money there savage. The varmint sf is a great little scope for the money.

Advertisement