Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Got offered this yesterday on phone, I called saying I was first time customer and wanted carphone warehouse 50% offer.

Variety bundle tv €15 per month for 12 months(normally €36pm)
    Broadband for €30 pm for 6 months then up to €40 thereafter.
    The off peak phone package as part of BB package included.

That good ???? Was thinking of asking for upgrade of phone rate to anytime package ???

Appreciate any thoughts ...

Anyone any thoughts at all on above post. Am postponing Sky callbacks and dont want to commit until get fellow boards advice, Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Got switched off on 22nd September, have not heard a thing from sky since.
    No letter/no email/no phone call of offers.

I presume something will turn up in time ? Just sit tight ?

I had been on special offers/half price with them for the past 3 years , and every time I quit them, they always hounded me with come back to sky offers.
    Very quiet this time round.

if I sign up to above will I be able to ahggle another decent deal in twelve months again ????
    Any thoughts on their broadband service ?????

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Sasso wrote: »
    Got offered this yesterday on phone, I called saying I was first time customer and wanted carphone warehouse 50% offer.

Variety bundle tv €15 per month for 12 months(normally €36pm)
    Broadband for €30 pm for 6 months then up to €40 thereafter.
    The off peak phone package as part of BB package included.

That good ???? Was thinking of asking for upgrade of phone rate to anytime package ???

Appreciate any thoughts ...
    It's the best you could expect i'd say. Less than half price tv is a great deal. On the broadband I don't think they have fibre enabled yet (told me it would be January last time I talked to them). UPC, Eircom and Vodafone would have much better speeds at the minute if your in a fibre enabled zone.

Thanks for that, due to ring me back. Dont think fibre enabled area so the BB supplier is much of muchness I suppose. Out of BB & phone contract so free to move so might just go for the all in package.#
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Sasso wrote: »
    if I sign up to above will I be able to ahggle another decent deal in twelve months again ????
    Any thoughts on their broadband service ?????

Thanks in advance
    They'll offer you 20% if you call them in 12 months to bargain. If you want a better deal you usually have to cancel and hope for a call. We recently cancelled and got someone else in the house to sign up to the Carphone warehouse deal with no issues.

Bloody bloody hell. Rang up about three days ago about this offer. All great. Then while on the phone they asked me about broadband etc saying that they could save me money. Asked them to call me back while I research etc. Turns out that I missed call yesterday. Sky rang me again today, asking about broadband. I asked them to ring me in afternoon while I discuss with family. We decide that the CPW TV only deal was best for us. Then Sky rang they said that my offer was subject to taking BB also. I said No, it wasnt because I rang about the CPW deal two days ago, when it was on offer so they should honour it, namely €15pm. They said no, I said fine, get lost . Good deals will come again no doubt with SKy.Rang CPW Greystones straight after and they said deal over two days ago !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭Colonial

andrew1977 wrote: »

I had been on special offers/half price with them for the past 3 years , and every time I quit them, they always hounded me with come back to sky offers.

They seem to be cutting people with multiple offers alright! Oo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭nc6000

Has anyone cancelled as a result of Sky only having half the Heineken Cup matches now after the coverage was split between Sky & BT? Basically to be able to access all the Heineken Cup matches I now need to take out a second subscription when last year I could see all the games by just subscribing to Sky. It's not like their price has reduced as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,377 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nc6000 wrote: »
    Has anyone cancelled as a result of Sky only having half the Heineken Cup matches now after the coverage was split between Sky & BT? Basically to be able to access all the Heineken Cup matches I now need to take out a second subscription when last year I could see all the games by just subscribing to Sky. It's not like their price has reduced as a result.

If you cancel you won't see any ?

Its the same for the soccer where BT are getting games as well.
    It could go one way, BT and Sky keep bidding more and more to get the rights and they pass the extra Cost onto the consumer. Bad news for us either way down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭nc6000

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you cancel you won't see any ?

Its the same for the soccer where BT are getting games as well.
    It could go one way, BT and Sky keep bidding more and more to get the rights and they pass the extra Cost onto the consumer. Bad news for us either way down the line.

I've just been looking at UPC and I can get Horizon Max with Sky Sports and Setanta\BT Sports etc for €55 per month for first 6 months. I'm currently paying Sky €100 per month and I don't get Setanta\BT. That would be another €23 from what I can tell.

So in my case switching to UPC is basically half the price of Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

andrew1977 wrote: »

Disconnected 29th Sept got mail today 1/2 price 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

codie wrote: »
    Disconnected 29th Sept got mail today 1/2 price 9 months

Me too.
    Disconnected sept 15. Bulk emails sent today so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They seem to be cutting people with multiple offers alright! Oo

Have a half price deal maturing shortly, also have the new offer of Free HD until April.
    Waiting to see what "offer" will be coming my way.
    If it's not 50% off, I''ll be dumping them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

delboy76 wrote: »
    Me too.
    Disconnected sept 15. Bulk emails sent today so.

Yep, same here, I was disconnected 13/09 and got the 50% for 9 months email yesterday. Won't be availing of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭kooga

nc6000 wrote: »

while they may of lost exclusive h cup they now have the rights for the French top 14 which was on bt sport last year...........swings and roundabouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Someone posted a trick awhile back for getting sky to call you. It was some request a call back. Can't seem to find it in the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Beekay wrote: »
    Someone posted a trick awhile back for getting sky to call you. It was some request a call back. Can't seem to find it in the thread.
    http://skyireland.goldenpages.ie/

Click Free Call at the foot of the page, and then input your number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

Cheers, used that link earlier today, cut off for 2 weeks, got call back, got variety, sports, movies & HD for 12 months for €48. Happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

While you were two weeks down, what tv stations came through to your tv? I'm planning on doing this too but could do with some options for the cut off period!!

Also, do you have multi room included in that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

caycro wrote: »
    While you were two weeks down, what tv stations came through to your tv? I'm planning on doing this too but could do with some options for the cut off period!!

You will get all the Ftv channels eg BBC 1 & 2, music and other ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just had the quickest cancellation ever.

Offered me basic + sports and HD for €52. I said no, so he offered the same for 1 month at €35. No again, so that was that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

offer in paper ther for new customers half price for 6 months,
    think i'll cancel for the new box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Soarer

caycro wrote: »

http://www.freesat.co.uk/channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bif

Folks. Has anyone managed to get a cost reduction/deal while still in contract? I am still in contract for 2 more months. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I got my first deal when I gave them notice 11 months into my 12 month contract.

I doubt if you'll get anything earlier as you can't get out of it until 12 months have elapsed and you have already committed to pay a certain amount. Why should they change it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bif

With the right deal i might give them more money?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Beekay wrote: »

Ya,and then play them some on hold music :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Currently on free for 6 months and 3 months @€;9.

Got a Call today offering me HD for 7.50 instead of €15.

Only snag was a 12 month contract.
    I declined the offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Currently on free for 6 months and 3 months @€;9.

Got a Call today offering me HD for 7.50 instead of €15.

Only snag was a 12 month contract.
    I declined the offer.

how did u get all that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

GY A1 wrote: »
    how did u get all that :eek:

Cos I'm special :)

I had left them to go to Eircom family and friends.
    Got a call 2 weeks later with an offer I couldnt refuse. As f&f is free TV for a year I switched back with no contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Just joined Sky as a first time customer (I know!) yesterday. Thanks to boards.ie, I knew better than to walk in off the street and say 'sign me up'. It's taken many days, but I've got Half price variety, movies and sports for €40.50 a month for 12 months. Carphone Warehouse are offering this to new AND existing customers til mid November. But I didn't go through CPW. Sky in the shopping centres magically found the deal through head office when I informed them of the better deal with CPW. The deal was sweetened with free installation , box & a better multiroom deal. Maddening! So you've taught me to shop around, and see what's out there in 11 months time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Is the carphone warehouse offer still available? Half price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

rosieirl wrote: »
    Just joined Sky as a first time customer (I know!) yesterday. Thanks to boards.ie, I knew better than to walk in off the street and say 'sign me up'. It's taken many days, but I've got Half price variety, movies and sports for €40.50 a month for 12 months. Carphone Warehouse are offering this to new AND existing customers til mid November. But I didn't go through CPW. Sky in the shopping centres magically found the deal through head office when I informed them of the better deal with CPW. The deal was sweetened with free installation , box & a better multiroom deal. Maddening! So you've taught me to shop around, and see what's out there in 11 months time.

Did they offer you anything on HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

The CPW deal is on until mid-November, from what I remember. But you'd be better off and ask yourself in store. I had no interest in HD, so it never came up. The CPW deal is half price variety (€18) plus sports (€18) plus movies add on (€4.50) for €40.50 for 12 months. Or variety plus sports for €36. And so on.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Cancelled today!
    Was offered 15% off, said no thanks, 25 min to cancel!
    Let's see what they come back with in the next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Cancelled today!
    Was offered 15% off, said no thanks, 25 min to cancel!
    Let's see what they come back with in the next month.

I cancelled 2 weeks ago they offered 25% off but I wanted 50% they refused, I'm now on FTV and IPTV and being honest even if they offered 50% I wouldn't go back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

It's been a month since I was cut off. A week before I was cut off they rang and offered half price for 6 months, I refused as I wanted half price for 12 months, if they'd offered it for 9 months I'd probably have taken it. I've got FTA and saorview and it's just fine, I won't be going back to sky now no matter what they offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

It's been a month since I was cut off. A week before I was cut off they rang and offered half price for 6 months, I refused as I wanted half price for 12 months, if they'd offered it for 9 months I'd probably have taken it. I've got FTA and saorview and it's just fine, I won't be going back to sky now no matter what they offer.

Apologies for going slightly off-topic, but what FTA box did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

Plascebo wrote: »
    Apologies for going slightly off-topic, but what FTA box did you get?
    Just using the sky box, plenty of channels on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Just discovered on my credit card bill that my subscription offer has ended and my bill has gone up to €30.94 from €18.75. Forgot it was ending and they didn't let me know. I also pay my mothers bill which has gone from €14.75 to €24.23.

Can anyone give me the telephone number for cancellations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

It's probably asked before but any landline for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Rang them today and said I wanted to cancel. Got offered a discount but I said no and stuck to my guns. Was put through to another chap who then offered me the same deal for an extra six months with no contract. Happy enough! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

GaryCocs wrote: »
    It's probably asked before but any landline for them?

Use this page to get a call back.

http://skyireland.goldenpages.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Rang them today and said I wanted to cancel. Got offered a discount but I said no and stuck to my guns. Was put through to another chap who then offered me the same deal for an extra six months with no contract. Happy enough! :D

If you check your account online, it tells you what you will pay for the next 3 bills.
    That way you can see when any offers are about to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭P_Cash

rosieirl wrote: »
    The CPW deal is on until mid-November, from what I remember. But you'd be better off and ask yourself in store. I had no interest in HD, so it never came up. The CPW deal is half price variety (€18) plus sports (€18) plus movies add on (€4.50) for €40.50 for 12 months. Or variety plus sports for €36. And so on.

Any confirmation of the cpw on till mid nov?

Advertisement