Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

hoopyhoopy wrote: »
    Over 3.5 Kilkenny corner kicks

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Bonner MOTM 14/1 1 point
    James Woodlock to get a yellow 9/2 1 point - He'll be around Richie Hogan who is crucial for KK so may need to foul him a few times
    Walter Walsh first goal - half point for a speculative bet

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

sonnky wrote: »
    Galway Senior Football Championship Preview

Annaghdown at 4/5 in the Galway Senior Football Championship looks like a very good bet to me. They play St. Michaels who struggled for long periods V Killererin who are a shadow of a team they used to be. If Annaghdown show the same form as earlier in the championship they should win this. Also Annaghdown -1 at 1/1 with John Mullholland could be a good bet.

I would also expect Caherlistrane at 4/11 to beat Barna. Caherlistrane without their main man Cormac Bane would be the only worry but they played a large part of the last game without him and still won. They have beaten Micheal Breathnachs, Caltra and Tuam AET so far. Breathnachs are a good side, Caltra and Tuam very average. Barna are very lucky to still be in the championship. They lost first time out to Killererin but recovered to beat Leitir Mor after extra time before seeing off Ceathru Rua AET and then they hammered NUIG. An Ceathru Rua are the only half decent team out of that bunch. Barna are gritty operators so I'd stay away from handicaps in this.

In the Salthill Vs Milltown game, I would give the call to Milltown(5/6). Although not the force they were, they should have enough to see off a Salthill team that are very inconsistent. It's a no bet game for me though.

On Sunday Mountbellew/Moylough face Corofin. If Corofin are going to be beaten in this championship it will be this game. Corofin haven't played since the 29th of June when they hammered Tuam. In the opening round they beat Mountbellew convincingly by 13 points, however Mountbellew were in the game for a long time and were without a few key players. The goalkeeper was injured, they were without 2 of their main defenders although only one of them is back and they were without 2 key forwards. Also they took off 2 minor players near the end because they were in the middle of the leaving cert. Mountbellew (7/1) are worth a small bet. I'd expect them to cover the handicap of +7pts at 1/1 with Mullhollands.

So my bets are:
    Annaghdown @ 4/5(Ladbrokes)- Nap
    Annaghdown -1 @ 1/1 (Mullhollands)- Large Stakes
    Caherlistrane @ 4/11- (Boylesports)- Accumalator filler
    Milltown @ 5/6 (Boylesports)- No bet
    Mountbellew/Moylough @ 7/1 (Boylesports)- Small stakes
    Mountbellew/Moylough +7 @ 1/1 (Mullhollands)- Medium Stakes

Where would one find out the results of these matches....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

http://www.annaghdowngaa.ie/
    St Michael's GAA Club 0 - 12 v 0 - 11 Annaghdown

Tuam Stadium Corofin 1-13 1-7 Mountbellew/Moylough
    http://www.galwaygaa.ie/gaafixtures/fixturelist.php?countyBoardID=12&clubID=2508

no idea where to get the rest tbh
    maybe some supporters might be looking in

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

sonnky wrote: »
    Galway Senior Football Championship Preview

Annaghdown at 4/5 in the Galway Senior Football Championship looks like a very good bet to me. They play St. Michaels who struggled for long periods V Killererin who are a shadow of a team they used to be. If Annaghdown show the same form as earlier in the championship they should win this. Also Annaghdown -1 at 1/1 with John Mullholland could be a good bet.

I would also expect Caherlistrane at 4/11 to beat Barna. Caherlistrane without their main man Cormac Bane would be the only worry but they played a large part of the last game without him and still won. They have beaten Micheal Breathnachs, Caltra and Tuam AET so far. Breathnachs are a good side, Caltra and Tuam very average. Barna are very lucky to still be in the championship. They lost first time out to Killererin but recovered to beat Leitir Mor after extra time before seeing off Ceathru Rua AET and then they hammered NUIG. An Ceathru Rua are the only half decent team out of that bunch. Barna are gritty operators so I'd stay away from handicaps in this.

In the Salthill Vs Milltown game, I would give the call to Milltown(5/6). Although not the force they were, they should have enough to see off a Salthill team that are very inconsistent. It's a no bet game for me though.

On Sunday Mountbellew/Moylough face Corofin. If Corofin are going to be beaten in this championship it will be this game. Corofin haven't played since the 29th of June when they hammered Tuam. In the opening round they beat Mountbellew convincingly by 13 points, however Mountbellew were in the game for a long time and were without a few key players. The goalkeeper was injured, they were without 2 of their main defenders although only one of them is back and they were without 2 key forwards. Also they took off 2 minor players near the end because they were in the middle of the leaving cert. Mountbellew (7/1) are worth a small bet. I'd expect them to cover the handicap of +7pts at 1/1 with Mullhollands.

So my bets are:
    Annaghdown @ 4/5(Ladbrokes)- Nap :mad:
    Annaghdown -1 @ 1/1 (Mullhollands)- Large Stakes :mad:
    Caherlistrane @ 4/11- (Boylesports)- Accumalator filler :mad:
    Milltown @ 5/6 (Boylesports)- No bet :rolleyes:
    Mountbellew/Moylough @ 7/1 (Boylesports)- Small stakes :mad:
    Mountbellew/Moylough +7 @ 1/1 (Mullhollands)- Medium Stakes:D

Absolute disaster of a weekend. Mountbellew/Moylough +7 the only success. They lost by 6 points. Annaghdown lost by a point in Tuam, raging with that one, really fancied them. Caherlistrane lost to Bearna major upset there. Milltown won by a point but I didn't back them. Sorry to anyone that followed.

Actual Results:
    St Michaels 0.12-0.11 Annaghdown
    Bearna 2.15-1.13 Caherlistrane
    Corofin 1.13-1.07 Mountbellew/Moylough
    Milltown 1.13-0.15 Salthill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Anyone on Callinan to net with Boils don't forget it's cash back as it was a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Dungarvan 4-10 Passage 2-14.

Well done kid. Reigning champs are out.

Wasn't at the game but was following it on Twitter. Seemed like dungarvan were comfortable winners but took the foot of the gas at the end.

Might back abbeyside next weekend depending on price. I reckon they'll be way over priced against mountsion.

Dungarvan 4-10 Passage 2-14.

Well done kid. Reigning champs are out.

Wasn't at the game but was following it on Twitter. Seemed like dungarvan were comfortable winners but took the foot of the gas at the end.

Might back abbeyside next weekend depending on price. I reckon they'll be way over priced against mountsion.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

I finds search through twitter very good for these types of results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

MUFC91CS wrote: »

Stop stealing my bets >:(

:D messing but I agree. They have been impressive since the 2nd game.

• Advertisement

Abbeyside are 11/8 to beat Mount Sion. Think they are a better team, finished higher in a tougher group. Only possible concern are the dual interests but they seem to be taking hurling seriously the last two years. Narrowly beaten by Passage in the County semi last year after hammering FMW.

Abbeyside are 11/8 to beat Mount Sion. Think they are a better team, finished higher in a tougher group. Only possible concern are the dual interests but they seem to be taking hurling seriously the last two years. Narrowly beaten by Passage in the County semi last year after hammering FMW.

I’m going to have to disagree with you this week I’m afraid :)

Still think Mount Sion are a better team and actually going to take them at 4/6 in a double with BG which pays back over EVS. I think Mount Sions group was much tougher if I'm being honest. DLS walked that group and were very laboured in their victory over Tallow. Passage were comfortably beaten by Dungarvan and I expect BG to do a number on Lismore as well.

It was Mount Sion who were narrowly beaten last year by Passage and had a lot of injuries on the day as well.

I’m going to have to disagree with you this week I’m afraid :)

Still think Mount Sion are a better team and actually going to take them at 4/6 in a double with BG which pays back over EVS. I think Mount Sions group was much tougher if I'm being honest. DLS walked that group and were very laboured in their victory over Tallow. Passage were comfortably beaten by Dungarvan and I expect BG to do a number on Lismore as well.

It was Mount Sion who were narrowly beaten last year by Passage and had a lot of injuries on the day as well.

Still siding with Abbeyside but good to see a rationale. I know DLS struggled v Passage but wouldn't read into that and in fairness to Passage they did have Kelly sent off very early and are always strong finishers anyway. Cant see Ballygunner losing to Lismore but think that Abbeyside were impressive since the bad start v FMW (narrowly lost to De La Salle which I think was their only defeat since).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 geffc

Mt Sion hammered Abbeyside and Ballygunner hammered Lismore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Do posters see donegal & Kerry being ultra defensive?

I like under 35.5 points on 10-11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Do posters see donegal & Kerry being ultra defensive?

I like under 35.5 points on 10-11.

Yep for sure. I've said before that Kerry are more defensive than people think.

If you think of a scoreline say 1-16 to 1-13 or something in that bracket, thats only 31 points being scored. I don't see lots of goals in this game and therefore I would certainly be on the unders.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Yep for sure. I've said before that Kerry are more defensive than people think.

If you think of a scoreline say 1-16 to 1-13 or something in that bracket, thats only 31 points being scored. I don't see lots of goals in this game and therefore I would certainly be on the unders.

That's 35 points...

keane2097 wrote: »
    That's 35 points...

Haha so it is. Early start today.... :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Haha so it is. Early start today.... :confused::confused:

Still a winner but you don't have as much room to spare as you thought! 1-15 - 1-14 is the win ceiling in a tight game. Last six years were all under 35.5 I think.

Where actually is that 35.5? I only see 34.5 on the phone, think I might dip my toes.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Still a winner but you don't have as much room to spare as you thought! 1-15 - 1-14 is the win ceiling in a tight game. Last six years were all under 35.5 I think.

Where actually is that 35.5? I only see 34.5 on the phone, think I might dip my toes.

Ha yeah must have been counting the goals as one pointers! The premise is the same though, I dont think either team will be as open as the semis and therefore I can see only one or even no goals being scored. If that was to happen, you'd have to think that there would not be enough points scored to go over 35.5.

Boyles has under 35.5 points at 10/11 and under 36.5 at 8/11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Betfair and 365 are worth keeping an eye on in play for anyone looking to lay off an unders bet. They offer more in the way of alternate total points than PP or Boyle. I was on under 39.5 at 10/11 in the first Mayo Kerry game and at one point over 39.5 was 11/2 on Betfair, I left it off but was lucky enough the bet came in with the late scoring burst.

Looking at the Waterford SHC semi finals and actually can't believe how pp has priced these.

Mount Sion are 17/10 to beat De la salle on Saturday evening. De la Salle looked poor in qf win over tallow and mount Sion looked impressive over abbeyside in their qf. These teams met in the semi final in 2012 and de la Salle only narrowly won (by 4 if I remember correctly) and IMO DLS have regressed since then and ms have improved. Should be a pretty 50:50 game.

Dungarvan are also prived at 17/10 to beat ballygunner. Ballygunner have beaten dg already this year but DG really shot themselves in the foot by giving up an early lead so will surely learn from their mistakes this time around. The game is also out in fraher field. bg are rightly favourites but was expecting dg to be around 6/4.

Wouldnt be surprised to any pairing of the four teams in the final and I dont think there will be more then a few scores separating either game.

Mountsion 17/10 medium stake
    Dungarvan 17/10 medium stake
    MS & DG double small stake

Looking at the Waterford SHC semi finals and actually can't believe how pp has priced these.

Mount Sion are 17/10 to beat De la salle on Saturday evening. De la Salle looked poor in qf win over tallow and mount Sion looked impressive over abbeyside in their qf. These teams met in the semi final in 2012 and de la Salle only narrowly won (by 4 if I remember correctly) and IMO DLS have regressed since then and ms have improved. Should be a pretty 50:50 game.

Dungarvan are also prived at 17/10 to beat ballygunner. Ballygunner have beaten dg already this year but DG really shot themselves in the foot by giving up an early lead so will surely learn from their mistakes this time around. The game is also out in fraher field. bg are rightly favourites but was expecting dg to be around 6/4.

Wouldnt be surprised to any pairing of the four teams in the final and I dont think there will be more then a few scores separating either game.

Agreed, personally think it'll be Ballygunner and Mount Sion in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Mount Sion are 9/4 in Boyles.

Alan Nolan now 9/4, SOK is 7/1. Darren Gleeson is evens, which is daft.

Closing my PP account was some mistake.

Latest update, Nolan is now 5/1 and Gleeson is Evens. Eoin Murphy not an option for some reason, still he'd have to have an outstanding game the next day to win it.

Seriously, if you've not gotten involved with Nolan already I would. He can't be a 5/1 shot for this. Gleeson is average, and no matter how often the goalkeeper one can be used to make up numbers I just can't get passed that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Latest update, Nolan is now 5/1 and Gleeson is Evens. Eoin Murphy not an option for some reason, still he'd have to have an outstanding game the next day to win it.

Seriously, if you've not gotten involved with Nolan already I would. He can't be a 5/1 shot for this. Gleeson is average, and no matter how often the goalkeeper one can be used to make up numbers I just can't get passed that fact.

Murphy is favourite at 5/6.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hate tipping against my club but....
    Ballinabrackey are 5/2 with PP to beat Ratoath in the Meath IFC semi final on Sunday evening. Ratoath have had ridiculously short odds to win the IFC all season and, on paper, they would have the best team.

But they were beaten by Ballivor in the group stages a lot more comfortably than the one point margin suggests. Ballinabrackey then beat Ballivor last weekend by 11 points while Ratoath were insanely lucky to beat Syddan after extra time (they were 7 points down with 15 minutes left).

They will more than likely have Joey Wallace back for Sunday but a lot of players have only recently come back from the States so aren't 100% fit. Also in my opinion then management team aren't the most tactically aware.

Now obviously Ballinabrackey aren't guaranteed to win, but if they can hold Wallace and McMahon, they should win. Either way, 5/2 is a massive price for a team with the likes of Damien Carroll and Chris O'Connor at their disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Betting is available on the next Mayo and Galway manager on Paddypower.

Dont know anything about the Galway manager issue but Mayo manager might be a possibility.

This article suggest Connelly is front runner, yet is at 6/1 on Paddypower (fifth in the pecking order)

http://www.con-telegraph.ie/sport/roundup/articles/2014/09/03/4032333-connelly-front-runner-for-mayo-job/

Whatever you do, dont bet on Donie Buckley at 10/1 as he is going to be involved with the Kerry U21s next year. Similarly there is no way Jack O'Connor at 20/ will be leaving the Kerry minor job next year, even if Kerry lose the minor final as next year's crop of Kerry's minors as he has a 2 year term and next year's minors are also regarded as likely to be a pretty decent crop.

The fact that Canavan is 5/1 (despite a pretty woeful track record as an intercounty manager) suggests that this is a market where there is a lot of uncertainty.

These type of markets are very hard to predict, so I would be recommending very small stakes (unless you have good inside info) but I had already heard that some of McStay's likely backroom team arent exactly that popular so I wouldnt be touching the 2/5 with someone else's bargepole.

Officially between McStay and Connelly now - so anyone else who got on at 6/1 is getting a bit of value for the bet anyway.

http://www.mayogaa.com/news/338265/Update_Re_Mayo_Senior_Football_Team_Manager

Fingers crossed the bookies keep offering these managers markets as I think it's definitely an area where it's possible to have advantages, especially if you have connections.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Murphy is favourite at 5/6.

Didn't come up on oddschecker for some reason. Hes a good keeper, but he's only played one game this year and in my opinion should have saved Bonner Mahers first shot at goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Killeshin are excellent value in the Laois SFC match against Graiguecullen.

In the same matchup in the same round last year, Graiguecullen won by 2 points. However, Killeshin's finishing really let them down that day and really should have won. You could put that won down to experience really as Killeshin had been playing younger players in their first seasons last year and have improved with a years experience under their belts. Killeshin's first championship game against Emo was much the same as they couldn't finish their chances and were beaten by a last minute penalty. In their next two games against St Joseph's and Ballylinan, they found themselves behind but really fought hard and were able to close out the games, something that was missing from them last year.

Graiguecullen have neither stagnated nor improved imo and it'll be a much closer match than the bookies suggest. I wouldn't go near Graiguecullen at 1/4.

Killeshin 11/4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement