Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Boyles given nothing away this week, same enhancements as last week but 7/4 JOD and 5/2 COC

Ha ha, both land again!! Lets see what they have tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Ha ha, both land again!! Lets see what they have tomorrow!!

The Boylemanias on the GAA have been hitting a good bit lately, I got 4 in a row only a few weeks back, on AGS mainly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Murphy anytime @ 9/2 and Brogan anytime goal @ 5/2 with Boyles - I'll live in hope of an open game

Wow, I say pockets are burned here on Dublin.

Anyone even back Donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

shmeee wrote: »

Wow :pac:

I went for points totals... thank god! Backed over 39.5 points, game finished on 40 points :pac: There was so few scores in the last ten minutes - it was a bit ridiculous.

http://gyazo.com/abb2ace4bb932b69594a27e1959c509a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

shmeee wrote: »

I had 25 on donegal @11/2.
    I also had an over total points bet and a bet on Dublin -10

The brother showed me his phone at half time, €4 on Donegal to win by 4-6 points! Ha, crazy stuff! 25/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

FatRat wrote: »
    Wow :pac:

I went for points totals... thank god! Backed over 39.5 points, game finished on 40 points :pac: There was so few scores in the last ten minutes - it was a bit ridiculous.

http://gyazo.com/abb2ace4bb932b69594a27e1959c509a

I would never in a million years have backed over 39.5 points @ 6/5 in that match!! Likewise, if you told me Donegal would score 3-14, I would have spat in your face!

Luckily, I didn't listen too closely to the experts on here and backed Donegal +7 @ 6/5 in Boyles. Only wish I had taken the 7/1 on the outright win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

byronbay2 wrote: »
    I would never in a million years have backed over 39.5 points @ 6/5 in that match!! Likewise, if you told me Donegal would score 3-14, I would have spat in your face!

Luckily, I didn't listen too closely to the experts on here and backed Donegal +7 @ 6/5 in Boyles. Only wish I had taken the 7/1 on the outright win!

You're some man! Make sure you flag your tips well up in advance for next weekend, I'm already looking forward to the guaranteed profit.

Not a GAA expert by any means (that's why I'm here) but I was interested in the handicap betting on the Dublin-Donegal match on Sunday and see that Donegal are available at 5/6 +8 points (or 11/10 +7) with Boyles. Thinking about it myself, I would have expected Dublin to be 4 or 5 point favourites, so an 8-point handicap seems huge to me. I can't see Dublin giving Donegal a hiding like that. Am I wrong/missing something? Any advice appreciated as I'm considering a substantial investment.
    You're some man! Make sure you flag your tips well up in advance for next weekend, I'm already looking forward to the guaranteed profit.

Thank you. Not really a tip as such, more of a "where am I going wrong?" - the handicap line seemed to be far too pro-Dublin. As mentioned in my previous post, I am not really a GAA expert so I wouldn't be in a position to offer tips on GAA matches. Also, only a fool would offer a guaranteed profit on any tip they post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I backed it in play after a blitzing opening few minutes... Hence the low enough price. I was confident it would come in after witnessing the first 10 mins and I was correct.

You seem like a genius. Too bad you made those claims without any evidence that you actually placed those bets. Stop aftertiming and put up a pic of your bets please! Also.. The poster above was making fun of your post, not praising you :pac: in case you hadn't noticed..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I've taken Mayo 10/11 and Donegal (+8) 4/7 along with a couple of soccer games in an accumulator.

A Hennelly free kick away from a big return :(

FatRat wrote: »
    I backed it in play after a blitzing opening few minutes... Hence the low enough price. I was confident it would come in after witnessing the first 10 mins and I was correct.

You seem like a genius. Too bad you made those claims without any evidence that you actually placed those bets. Stop aftertiming and put up a pic of your bets please! Also.. The poster above was making fun of your post, not praising you :pac: in case you hadn't noticed..

Thank you. I don't know about being a genius but I've a feeling I'm not clever enough to mix it with you hardy (but very touchy) GAA lads. It seemed to my untutored eye that the handicap line on the Dublin-Donegal match was way off on the basis that AI Football semi-finals generally seem to be close and well-contested events. I came on here to see what real GAA people thought and the overwhelming consensus seemed to be that Dublin would win by at least 7 points!

Anyway, I'll leave you to it for this year. No more GAA bets for me until next June, at least. Please God, I'll check in then for some more banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Betting is available on the next Mayo and Galway manager on Paddypower.

Dont know anything about the Galway manager issue but Mayo manager might be a possibility.

This article suggest Connelly is front runner, yet is at 6/1 on Paddypower (fifth in the pecking order)

http://www.con-telegraph.ie/sport/roundup/articles/2014/09/03/4032333-connelly-front-runner-for-mayo-job/

Whatever you do, dont bet on Donie Buckley at 10/1 as he is going to be involved with the Kerry U21s next year. Similarly there is no way Jack O'Connor at 20/ will be leaving the Kerry minor job next year, even if Kerry lose the minor final as next year's crop of Kerry's minors as he has a 2 year term and next year's minors are also regarded as likely to be a pretty decent crop.

The fact that Canavan is 5/1 (despite a pretty woeful track record as an intercounty manager) suggests that this is a market where there is a lot of uncertainty.

These type of markets are very hard to predict, so I would be recommending very small stakes (unless you have good inside info) but I had already heard that some of McStay's likely backroom team arent exactly that popular so I wouldnt be touching the 2/5 with someone else's bargepole.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dwyershane

Callanan under 10.5 points 4/5 any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

dwyershane wrote: »

Under 11.5 is 8/11 with Boils

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Think Dungarvan at evens to beat Passage in the Waterford senior hurling championship tonight looks a great bet. Don't think passage have really ticked so far this season and Dungarvans only loss in the round robin phase was to a Ballygunner side who are arguably the team to beat.

Game is also in Dungarvan.

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Think Dungarvan at evens to beat Passage in the Waterford senior hurling championship tonight looks a great bet. Don't think passage have really ticked so far this season and Dungarvans only loss in the round robin phase was to a Ballygunner side who are arguably the team to beat.

And Dungarvan lost that game in the first 20 minutes.

Was leaning that way myself but wasn't going to bet when I saw Fourmile hammer Ardmore. Passage have come through the harder group. CORRECTION: They bet Mount Sion by 4 points, not hammered.

You are the third person I've seen give a verdict. All have gone for Dungarvan, add me that's 4/4.

Best price Boyles 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Dungarvan have really impressed me so far and I definitely think there is a county or two in them. The county final 2 years ago probably came a bit too soon. I'd reckon they're the third best team in the county after DLS and BG and that's being generous to DLS after last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Galway Senior Football Championship Preview

Annaghdown at 4/5 in the Galway Senior Football Championship looks like a very good bet to me. They play St. Michaels who struggled for long periods V Killererin who are a shadow of a team they used to be. If Annaghdown show the same form as earlier in the championship they should win this. Also Annaghdown -1 at 1/1 with John Mullholland could be a good bet.

I would also expect Caherlistrane at 4/11 to beat Barna. Caherlistrane without their main man Cormac Bane would be the only worry but they played a large part of the last game without him and still won. They have beaten Micheal Breathnachs, Caltra and Tuam AET so far. Breathnachs are a good side, Caltra and Tuam very average. Barna are very lucky to still be in the championship. They lost first time out to Killererin but recovered to beat Leitir Mor after extra time before seeing off Ceathru Rua AET and then they hammered NUIG. An Ceathru Rua are the only half decent team out of that bunch. Barna are gritty operators so I'd stay away from handicaps in this.

In the Salthill Vs Milltown game, I would give the call to Milltown(5/6). Although not the force they were, they should have enough to see off a Salthill team that are very inconsistent. It's a no bet game for me though.

On Sunday Mountbellew/Moylough face Corofin. If Corofin are going to be beaten in this championship it will be this game. Corofin haven't played since the 29th of June when they hammered Tuam. In the opening round they beat Mountbellew convincingly by 13 points, however Mountbellew were in the game for a long time and were without a few key players. The goalkeeper was injured, they were without 2 of their main defenders although only one of them is back and they were without 2 key forwards. Also they took off 2 minor players near the end because they were in the middle of the leaving cert. Mountbellew (7/1) are worth a small bet. I'd expect them to cover the handicap of +7pts at 1/1 with Mullhollands.

So my bets are:
    Annaghdown @ 4/5(Ladbrokes)- Nap
    Annaghdown -1 @ 1/1 (Mullhollands)- Large Stakes
    Caherlistrane @ 4/11- (Boylesports)- Accumalator filler
    Milltown @ 5/6 (Boylesports)- No bet
    Mountbellew/Moylough @ 7/1 (Boylesports)- Small stakes
    Mountbellew/Moylough +7 @ 1/1 (Mullhollands)- Medium Stakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Whos gonna win the hurling 2mrw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Shane St. wrote: »
    Whos gonna win the hurling 2mrw?

Hard to call.

Think it will be a close tense tactical battle and not many goals.

My only bet tomorrow will be under 48.5 @ 10/11.

MUFC91CS wrote: »

Dungarvan 4-10 Passage 2-14.

Well done kid. Reigning champs are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Good shout on fungarvan lads

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mjp

7/4 with Boyles is good value on Seamus callinan anytime goalscorer. He won't have it easy against kilkenny full back line but he's been lethal in front of goal all year scoring 5 goals in league and 7 in championship so far. You are guaranteed that he will line out on edge of the square and will see plenty of ball his way which makes this bet the more appealing. Powers only go 5/6 on him hitting back of the net whilst Ladbrokes only go 8/13. He will also take frees and penalties which is an added bonus.

Also like the look of 5/6 on Richie power outscoring Lar Corbett. Power was impressive in his cameo in semi final and will line out in Kk full forward line. Lar is playing more unselfish role for team this year playing further out the field and setting up scores for others. Expect power to outscore him tomorrow and 12/5 on Corbett not to score at all with Ladbrokes looks tempting for small stakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Noel McGrath MOTM 20/1 great net. Hon Tipp

Thought Bonner Maher to be nominated for MOTM was a decent shout at 5/1 so have taken same.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

dwyershane wrote: »

if you back callanan under 10.5 points 50 euro = 40 profit if it comes off

if you back callanan anytime goalscorer (boyles) 7/4 40 quid = 70 profit if it comes off

callanan would have to get 11 points without a goal for a loss

opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Gone for two bets;

Richie Power First Goal Scorer 8/1 - Not a bet I'd usually do but if they start as selected he will be the most mobile of the Kilkenny full forward line by far and full back is still a suspect position for Tipp.

Richie Hogan - MOTM 8/1- Had a great year and it could well be that if it's a close run thing that fact could swing it in the Danesfort man's favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Over 3.5 Kilkenny corner kicks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement