Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Your nails keep getting prettier and prettier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

That has to be the cutest manicure I've seen in a long time, they look amazing!!! Had to do a black & white theme for nail challenge yesterday, good god I need to practice my nail art something shocking.

Day7-BlackandWhiteInside.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Got my latest Konad stuff!

6347639120_7d567e21de.jpg

The black polish is near impossible to get off my skin though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

That has to be the cutest manicure I've seen in a long time, they look amazing!!! Had to do a black & white theme for nail challenge yesterday, good god I need to practice my nail art something shocking.

Just started following your blog - it's class!
    Well done you x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Got 25 stamping plates in the mail today! Can't wait to try 'em out :D

2mhgf2f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

nail-smash-black.jpg
    nail-smash-white.jpg
    hot-looks-ninja-lrg.jpg
    hot-looks-hiphop-lrg.jpg

I bought these for about 13 euro today in Boots.I find that they all dry really quickly which is always a plus and the green only needed one coat for good coverage and the orange two coats.Though I gave them both 3 because it took little or no time to paint them.

It was my first time using crackle polishes and so far I love them.I'm not mad on the black and green combination as I think its quite dull and dreary but I'm dying to try it with a neon pink or with a red to see if it looks better.The white is definitely my favourite .

I think they look quiet Halloween-y or patriotic but that works today I suppose due to the match.:P

Sorry about the dodgy paint job and lack of nails.I don't usually wear nail varnish because I have to take it off for work but I'm trying to give them a go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Jt897s.jpg
    Isadora 'power pink'
    No. 192

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Dangerous to do grocery shopping in Dunnes!! :D

I wear my sunglasses at night
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRSSi2ZQnCX-QLo6puXAiuQh3cVrJ_AbqApIE1vlJ2YKxMqXUV

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS00xGLGcpBh3gWpCGHrdfnrGMvHkWM23NFrdJFkPTPiCSCjwfe
    Forget Me Not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Dangerous to do grocery shopping in Dunnes!! :D

I wear my sunglasses at night

Forget Me Not

I absolutely love Forget-Me-Not. It was one of my first Catrice Nail Varnishes. So pretty and the sliver shimmer is just wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I absolutely love Forget-Me-Not. It was one of my first Catrice Nail Varnishes. So pretty and the sliver shimmer is just wow!

I havent tried either of them yet but will probably put on that one over the weekend, love the sparkles! :D

• Advertisement

Got 25 stamping plates in the mail today! Can't wait to try 'em out :D
    Just started following your blog - it's class!
    Well done you x

Honerbright, where did you get the nail plates if you don't mind me asking?

Sauvignon82, thanks a million - I need a LOT of nail art practice, but sure practice makes perfect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Putting on China Glaze Traffic Jam now.

China%2BGlaze%2BTraffic%2BJam.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I have a few 17 polishes that I got ages ago and never really use cos they chip so easily. I decided to put on a layer of a similar colour first and then just one coat of the 'bad' polishes to see if it lasted any better....and it has!

First I tried Rimmel Euphoria over Barry M mushroom

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfw6jmUdqdDRjiq_Nprfg7EK3srxJRBp96V66YZtraXiBjbTgX

barry%20m%20nail%20paint%20mushroom.jpg

Usually it takes even 3 coats of the Rimmel to show up nicely but I just used one coat of the barry m and one of the rimmel on top followed by a top coat. You get the colour of the rimmel but the staying power of the barry m. Lasted about 5 days like that.

Tried the same thing with a red 17 polish over rimmels coral, also still going strong 4 days later.

Pink Gradient:

Day10-PinkGradient.jpg

I don't want to take it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Pink Gradient:

I don't want to take it off!

It's gorgeous! How did you do that?

kandr10 wrote: »
    It's gorgeous! How did you do that?

I used a baby pink polish all over my nail, let it dry, then put a little bit of darker polish on the end of a sponge and sponged it half way over the pink, then let that dry and sponged a bit of darker on top, finished with a glittery topcoat :) I want to do it in loads of colours now!!

This polish is going on my Christmas wish list. How gorgeous is it?!

393350_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Sorry its a little bit sloppy!

2v19oxh.jpg

:eek::eek: omg I need this in my life!

Have you a link to it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Honerbright, where did you get the nail plates if you don't mind me asking?

Amazon :) Cost me just under 20 euro including shipping and arrived in about a week. Really impressed so far, they don't seem any different to the Konad (except in price)!

• Advertisement

:eek::eek: omg I need this in my life!

Have you a link to it please?

I just got it in an email from Harvey Nichols. The colour is called The Black Knight. According to the Butter London website it's a limited edition for Christmas 2011. I want it so much!

Here's the other colours in the Holiday Range.

HolidayNewsImage.jpg

Tart With A Heart looks fab too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

I was bored last night! Wearing Bourjois nail varnish in Beige Glamour with glitter I bought in Hairspray yesterday stuck on over!

Got Nails Inc Basic Street with Glamour magazine today. Still on the hunt for Tate and Victoria.

Absolutely love this nude colour, they rarely suit me, but this one does thankfully :D

Nails_Inc_Basil_St_nailpoli.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

That's a nice nude shade. I got Tate and love it, I am sorry I didn't pick up another of them.

I got a set of mini Muppet Opi nail polishes today.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

einjb.jpg

E.L.F nail polish in chocolate with OPI Muppets Collection in Rainbow Connection over it.

EDIT: Can't resize pic - sorry! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Just put on Opi's 'Let Me Entertain You' which I bought last year. It's an Xmassy red but with subtle pinky glitter. Pic from google.

opi-let-me-entertain-you-swatch-burlesque-holiday-2010.jpg

newwifey wrote: »

They look cute and I'm a sucker for a gimmick but they're quite dear for what they are I think! You can get finger bowls on eBay for about €1.60 each including postage and they'd be easier to keep clean. I can PM you the seller I've bought mine from if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Any ideas for a nice shimmery magenta?

I know OPI had something like it with a goldish shimmer but for the life of me I cannot recall the name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Sally Hansen Girl Flower nail polish strips... with some seche vite top coat on top in an attempt to save them from getting wrecked

nails-6.jpg

Advertisement