Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

When Redzone came back I could only get 1 bar quality yet all the games I could get on full bars. Couldnt watch it it was so bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    SantryRed wrote: »
    When Redzone came back I could only get 1 bar quality yet all the games I could get on full bars. Couldnt watch it it was so bad
    It was the same for me but it cleared up by about half time in the second games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    SantryRed wrote: »

i couldnt drop off the top quality for a long time, which meant it was just buffering the whole time. Had it all working perfectly by the end of the 1st quarter in the 9.25 games. It was all very frustrating though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Glad to hear it wasn't only me. I had terrible reception on NFL Network and Red Zone but most of the games were OK. Maybe this will be fixed for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

To all who had problems, I would advise to complain to the Customer help. When I had Gamepass there was a week with very poor service. Complained and they refunded me for that week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Paully D wrote: »
    Love the way you can choose which audio source to use as well (Broadcast, Team X or Team Y), I just noticed that.

By the way, how many people bit and ended up buying Game Pass during the week? :D

yup, but only after the redzone and blackout issues were improved. not sure I would have gone for it if it stayed at 6 day blackouts and no redzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

The gamepass app for Android is v limited. Nothing like what u can get on a PC/laptop. Or at least I don't see redzone, or various broadcasters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Absolutely loving Gamepass. Had it going all through work today :pac:

Condensed games are an absolute life saver though I did catch the full Bronco's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

I signed up to starstreams.tv last night for €20 for 3 months.

Unbelievable quality. Easily as good as GamePass which I had last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    I signed up to starstreams.tv last night for €20 for 3 months.

Unbelievable quality. Easily as good as GamePass which I had last year.

Sounds good, are all games available in HD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Benny Cake wrote: »

There's a vote on the forums and the teams with the most votes get a 4000kbps stream. The rest are around 1500 - 2000kpbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    There's a vote on the forums and the teams with the most votes get a 4000kbps stream. The rest are around 1500 - 2000kpbs.

A vote every week?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Benny Cake wrote: »

Sorry only watched RedZone for 6pm games and 49ers at 9pm.

Both were in great quality HD.

shezer wrote: »
    A vote every week?

Nope, pre-season vote. I think the Bears, Cowgirls & Patriots were the top 3.

I have attached a quick picture I took there. I'm watching the 24/7 NFL Network stream through the XBMC app and the quality is great. It is just a standard 1500kbps stream, so I can't imagine how good the 4000kbps one would look on a 42" TV!

I watched the pats the other night but i don't think I got 4000kbps...is their something to tick or do to get it

I watched the pats the other night but i don't think I got 4000kbps...is their something to tick or do to get it

Just have HD set to on and view in high quality. I can't remember where on the site I read about the 4000kbps, but I remember it saying where available. It might not have been available for the Pats game this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Have been eyeing up Gamepass for the last 2 seasons, but never pulled the trigger due to my status as a poor filthy student :)

Just trying to clarify some info from the thread - is this the situation for Irish subscribers now?
    • Sunday 6pm and 9pm games shown by Sky are blacked out for 6 days 24 hours
    • Playoff games - same as above
    • Redzone is not available

Am I right in thinking that the Gamepass subscription also includes NFL Network online?
    Phoole wrote: »
    No blackout on game pass for me. I'm getting Bears v Indy.

With an Irish IP?

Have been eyeing up Gamepass for the last 2 seasons, but never pulled the trigger due to my status as a poor filthy student :)

Just trying to clarify some info from the thread - is this the situation for Irish subscribers now?
    • Sunday 6pm and 9pm games shown by Sky are blacked out for 6 days 24 hours
    • Playoff games - same as above
    • Redzone is not available

Am I right in thinking that the Gamepass subscription also includes NFL Network online?

Yes and yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Won some money on the Ravens last night, so thinking of investing in this. Does anyone play it from the laptop through the tv? If so what is the quality like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Won some money on the Ravens last night, so thinking of investing in this. Does anyone play it from the laptop through the tv? If so what is the quality like?

I do and I use a HDMI cable and my internet connection is 100Mb so it looks like a HD picture as the stream runs at the best quality.

• Advertisement

I have 25mb(internet speed) and its the job as well.I use the Hdmi lead also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It probably depends on your TV size as well. I connect my computer to my 48" TV via HDMI and if I leave it at the normal size the picture is perfect. However if I blow up the browser to fill the entire screen the quality diminishes a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭StopWatch

25MB Line myself, laptop with HDMI through to my mounted projector onto a screen. It's The Bees Knees, highly recommended
    Did realise just the other night though that, for whatever reason, it runs smoother in full-screen through IE as opposed to GoogleChrome which i usually use...

CoachTO wrote: »
    I do and I use a HDMI cable and my internet connection is 100Mb so it looks like a HD picture as the stream runs at the best quality.

I'm on a 25mb UPC line and can watch archived stuff at the top quality but for some reason I have to drop it 2.5Mbps on live matches.

It probably depends on your TV size as well. I connect my computer to my 48" TV via HDMI and if I leave it at the normal size the picture is perfect. However if I blow up the browser to fill the entire screen the quality diminishes a bit

What I found I had to do to stop it doing that was make sure the Resolution on the Laptop matched the HD Resolution of the TV so when I extened the Laptops desktop on to the Samsung TV it came out in HD and normal.

I find with the Samsung and LG we have Windows 7 recognises them right away and allows you to adjust the Screen resolution of the laptop to that Resolution if the Graphics card allows it. But when I put it in the 3rd HD tv we have that is a non brand I have to manually adjust.

CoachTO wrote: »
    What I found I had to do to stop it doing that was make sure the Resolution on the TV matched the HD Resolution of the TV so when I extened the Laptops desktop on to the Samsung TV it came out in HD and normal.

I find with the Samsung and LG we have Windows 7 recognises them right away and allows you to adjust the Screen resolution of the laptop to that Resolution if the Graphics card allows it. But when I put it in the 3rd HD tv we have that is a non brand I have to manually adjust.

Thanks for that but that all went over my head. I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world so I wouldn't know where to start with changing resolutions etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is last night's games available for anyone else?

Is last night's games available for anyone else?

I watched both condensed games earlier if that's any use?

I got the Pats game at Full HD quality. You can manually set the quality by clicking on the signal bar or click auto quality. Either way it depends on your internet connection and the contention and ping rate on your network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Sound disappeared on the condensed version of CHargers-Raiders yesterday for me, not sure if that happened to anyone else.

Also, I didn't realise that we still had Gamepass, I tried to get it on Sunday and couldn't seem to. Am I missing something obvious? What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement