Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Lads I've been vaping for over three years now. Currently using a SMOK R40 battery which has a nice few features like locking wattage so it can't be changed will still allowing it to fire. Im also using an Aspire Nautilus X which is so so. I see E-smoker is opening a new branch in Blanchardstown which is handy as I only live in Cabra.
    I see there gonna knock 20% off everything in the store. So obviously I'm going to upgrade my setup does anybody have any suggestions ? Not really into dripping as I'm out and about constantly and it would seem like a huge pain to constantly et the col.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭joejoe87

So I got my Aspire pockex yesterday and already ordered an upgrade lol
    I've ordered the Joyetech Egrip 2, looks really nice and neat, should have it in the post tomorrow. Vapour production looks good. Anybody got an Egrip 2?

joejoe87 wrote: »
    So I got my Aspire pockex yesterday and already ordered an upgrade lol
    I've ordered the Joyetech Egrip 2, looks really nice and neat, should have it in the post tomorrow. Vapour production looks good. Anybody got an Egrip 2?

Is the pockex no use ? I was contemplating giving it a whirl !

14murphy wrote: »
    It's working a lot better today than yesterday, I was getting some boiling spit back that was burning my lips. It is good for the price but I'd prefer more vapour production.
    Battery life is really good on the pockex, don't get juice higher than 6mg, I tried 18 and 12 mg and they were far too harsh, I think it has something to do with the coil that's in there. 6mg is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I didn't get on too well with the eGrip 2, it was ok but the coils weren't great, bit of spitting and gurgling. There could be some new ones out since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I have 2 & they are working great,I believe they are the best starter kits out there at the moment,joejoe was saying that his one got very hot at the mouthpiece,the only thing that can cause that might be too much nicotine in a particular eliquid or a dodgy coil which happens now & again.
    I use 6mg eliquid in mine & no problems at all,good battery life & excellent coils.
    I would definitely recommend it,if you do buy one or any starter kit,you must prime the new coil with eliquid before you press the fire button or you will end up with a burnt coil.
    Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r9W5b_PQ5c&t=661s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

EGriff wrote: »
    I didn't get on too well with the eGrip 2, it was ok but the coils weren't great, bit of spitting and gurgling. There could be some new ones out since.

I have 3 eGrips, the 2nd generation ones, all with the RBA base. They're pretty good. The battery life is quite impressive, but tried as I might they also weeped from the base, as the RBA's air flow came from the base itself. Decent enough flavour and vapour with the RBA base. I never really got on with the stock coils and cleaning the thing out was a royal pain. They've been in my drawer now for the best part of a year.

TinCool wrote: »
    I have 3 eGrips, the 2nd generation ones, all with the RBA base. They're pretty good. The battery life is quite impressive, but tried as I might they also weeped from the base, as the RBA's air flow came from the base itself. Decent enough flavour and vapour with the RBA base. I never really got on with the stock coils and cleaning the thing out was a royal pain. They've been in my drawer now for the best part of a year.

There was a version in between 1and 2, the eGrip oled. I had the first version, it was great but leaky like you said. The eGrip 2 has the cup design from the cubis tank.

There was a version in between 1and 2, the eGrip oled. I had the first version, it was great but leaky like you said. The eGrip 2 has the cup design from the cubis tank.

In that case I have the OLED versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

I have an egrip 2 that I use if I'm out hiking or just to have something I can throw in my pocket without worrying about it leaking everywhere.

I messed about with all the coils. Didn't like the notch coils since they heat too quickly and with higher vg liquids burn out fast (dry hits and burned cotton). I struggled a lot with the coils at the start. Mainly it was down to improper priming and impatience. I now exclusively use the bf-ni 0.2ohm coils in temp control at about 270c and 29W. There were bf-ti coils which I preferred but are hard to find. The SS coils are my fallback coil.

I make sure that I drop liquid into the coil at the top to prime it. Add it until it doesn't soak in any more. Then put the coil in, leave it for another 10 mins in the liquid, and start it at about 20W for at least 10 pulls, then 25W. Get the occasional pop if it's been left sitting a while (slightly flooded) but it clears within a few pulls. Haven't had any actual spitting other than with the notch coils.

Vapour production is quite good and battery will last me just about a day. It has pass-through so you can vape while it's plugged in recharging. Flavour is ok. The tank lasts me about a day too which is handy.

I don't use it regularly now, but if I was I reckon the coils would last me a week.

• Advertisement

I have 2 & they are working great,I believe they are the best starter kits out there at the moment,joejoe was saying that his one got very hot at the mouthpiece,the only thing that can cause that might be too much nicotine in a particular eliquid or a dodgy coil which happens now & again.
    I use 6mg eliquid in mine & no problems at all,good battery life & excellent coils.
    I would definitely recommend it,if you do buy one or any starter kit,you must prime the new coil with eliquid before you press the fire button or you will end up with a burnt coil.
    Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r9W5b_PQ5c&t=661s
    I'm already using an istick with a triton x. Would there be much of a point upgrading.

I'm already using an istick with a triton x. Would there be much of a point upgrading.

Your not upgrading if you buy a Pockex,to upgrade from an istick you need to go above 75w mod,not sure what a triton x is...

Egrip 2 arrived! Nightmare! The tank leaked everywhere and completely emptied within about 30 seconds, also it wasn't recognising the coil and just says no atomiser found. I've emailed the shop, there's juice everywhere!

Anyone have experience getting replacement/refunds from thebestshop.eu?

It shouldn't leak unless you turn it upside down without closing it, the eGrip 2 has a fully sealed design. It's this one right?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/734-joyetech-egrip-2-vt-kit.html

You might have filled it too much, there's a little arrow on the side telling you where to stop.

Anyone have experience getting replacement/refunds from thebestshop.eu?

Email Bart & tell him exactly what went wrong,he is a reputable vendor...

It shouldn't leak unless you turn it upside down without closing it, the eGrip 2 has a fully sealed design. It's this one right?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/734-joyetech-egrip-2-vt-kit.html

You might have filled it too much, there's a little arrow on the side telling you where to stop.

It's leaking through the ventilation holes underneath the device and the juice tank completely emptied in 30 seconds. I didn't fill past the max fill line.

I just filled it again half way to the max fill line and again it leaked everywhere through the bottom and a little bit at the glass juice window. The glass tank must half cracks in it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I just filled it again half way to the max fill line and again it leaked everywhere through the bottom and a little bit at the glass juice window. The glass tank must half cracks in it

I can only imagine that the glass tank is broken because I thought they were a sealed unit at the bottom so couldn't leak .

Either that or you haven't screwed in the atomiser all the way or you have a dodgy or missing o-ring.

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    I can only imagine that the glass tank is broken because I thought they were a sealed unit at the bottom so couldn't leak .

Ya it must be cracked , the tank has completely emptied both times I filled it and the coil still isn't being recognised. I've emailed bestshop , Hopefully I can get a replacement.

They said to send it back so I'll put it in the post today, was excited to use it..... Bummer

They said to send it back so I'll put it in the post today, was excited to use it..... Bummer

Definitely a broken tank. They are a cup shape tank like the cubis. Shouldn't be possible to leak through the bottom. You'll enjoy it when you get a new one back! Just unlucky. Any of the joyetech stuff I've used has been extremely well made. Earlier egrips leaked a little sometimes, but not the egrip 2.

Anyone with a black Serpent Mini,if you want to keep it black,don't use an ultra sonic cleaner,mine is now black & silver :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Anyone with a black Serpent Mini,if you want to keep it black,don't use an ultra sonic cleaner,mine is now black & silver

I've seen wotofo's black finish called into question by a few reviewers alright, I stick to stainless with them.

moleyv wrote: »
    I've seen wotofo's black finish called into question by a few reviewers alright, I stick to stainless with them.

I can't remember who made mine,it's the one that has a little T-Shirt inside the box :D:D

Just got my replacement Egrip 2 from thebestshop.eu , it's good I like it. They threw in a couple of bottles of mango juice too. Good service

Just got my replacement Egrip 2 from thebestshop.eu , it's good I like it. They threw in a couple of bottles of mango juice too. Good service

Happy Days. :D

The mango is absolutely horrible and I can't get the flavour out of the tank and coil! Not easy to clean the Egrip 2 because it's a built in tank. I can't emphasise enough how rank it is, it's sickening. I've ordered new coils, hope I can get the taste out of the tank.

• Advertisement

The mango is absolutely horrible and I can't get the flavour out of the tank and coil! Not easy to clean the Egrip 2 because it's a built in tank. I can't emphasise enough how rank it is, it's sickening. I've ordered new coils, hope I can get the taste out of the tank.

I think mango is horrible on it's own,the coil will never lose the taste of mango,too strong & hangs around like ****e.
    Use a syringe & fill it with water & washing up liquid & squirt it carefully into the tank halfway, thumb over top hole & shake,do it a few times.

Advertisement