Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*********Motors Chat - Round 9 *********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Stheno wrote: »
    Hmmm just worked out I'll spend about 160 on fuel next week

Then I worked out expenses:)

For a period there of 10 weeks I was in every county in Ireland at least three times....:D

Was over 10000 miles during that time in my 156 and I was trying to keep up with my work colleague in his Mazda diesel.... Expenses certainly racked up...!

:v Bless Alfa reliability...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Je suis tres mal

Jebus, 10000 miles in an Alfa Romeo? You signature is correct, alfas must be financially crippling you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

That literally is the best description of the focus' engine..... old skoool yo!

The old 1.3 Kent engine. Bag of spanners on a spin cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Would anyone be interested in boards motors shirts and/or stickers? Perhaps I could whip something up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

OSI wrote: »
    We've had a sticker before alright. If we could guarantee interest we might convince them to do another run.

They will not do another run of stickers as they didn't sell too many and the excess was sold to people on after hours iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Could get ones that say

Living life in the -fast- overtaking lane

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Could get ones that say

Living life in the -fast- overtaking lane

Yeah, some keyboard warrior needs to go tell The Eagles they got the words of that song wrong. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

They will not do another run of stickers as they didn't sell too many and the excess was sold to people on after hours iirc.

The ad was there lately anyway and i ordered two and never seen a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The stickers were large and ugly, that's why they didn't sell well. I wouldn't put one on my car.

Here's a sticker everyone will agree on. :D

C8a2hTJ.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Gatso van inbound on n7 between j8 and j7. That's twice I've avoid them this evening. The first was a van driver swerving at me :D.

Much gold on this punto^^ :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Stickers belong in 90's Football Albums not on cars

What's a football album?

GvidoR wrote: »
    What's a football album?

Before your time son.

Whaa? how young are you? :D There was one for italia '90, used to get the stickers in cerial.

Well, you see... I have no interest in football. Hockey is where it's at. ;)

Freshly set up (not finished) Longford rink.

11796390_10204628445341636_4718226464419141516_n.jpg?oh=a7480279d8c812c4b7cbe1a48731e8c8&oe=5639B518

*Sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Hurlers unite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Anyone use these air freshners I normally use magic tree one but I don't like things hanging from the mirror and find the clip type magic tree ones don't last as long.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=212553&productId=1008082&storeId=11101

Well, you see... I have no interest in football. Hockey is where it's at. ;)

Freshly set up (not finished) Longford rink.

How different is roller blades to real ice?

• Advertisement

CIP4 wrote: »
    Anyone use these air freshners I normally use magic tree one but I don't like things hanging from the mirror and find the clip type magic tree ones don't last as long.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=212553&productId=1008082&storeId=11101

Get a pack of 20 magic tree on ebay for about €15 delievered. Cheap considering there 3 yo's in the garages.

How different is roller blades to real ice?

I wish I knew. :(

There is some sort of a difference but not major. There is a type of chassis/wheel combo you can get for inline skates called "Marsblade" which is supposed to be very very close to the experience of skating on ice.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Get a pack of 20 magic tree on ebay for about €15 delievered. Cheap considering there 3 yo's in the garages.

Am I the only one who gets dizzy/headaches from those things? Whenever I buy a car with an air freshener with some scent in it, I throw them out asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Am I the only one who gets dizzy/headaches from those things? Whenever I buy a car with an air freshener with some scent in it, I throw them out asap.

My mother would be like that alright well more her asthma acts up she would never have them in her own car.

I would rather that than smelling the previous owners farts

Never buy a car from a smoker. The smell was in the car for months afterwards. Never again will I buy a car from a smoker. Of all the cars I owned it was the only car with this problem.

I wish I knew. :(

There is some sort of a difference but not major. There is a type of chassis/wheel combo you can get for inline skates called "Marsblade" which is supposed to be very very close to the experience of skating on ice.

I skated on ice years ago in Ringsend in Dublin, found it pretty easy, but I once went to fake ice in Castlebar a few years ago with a ex girlfriend, Kids gliding around while I could not glide, I put it down to me weighing more and not real ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Never buy a car from a smoker. The smell was in the car for months afterwards. Never again will I buy a car from a smoker. Of all the cars I owned it was the only car with this problem.

Actually I think the smell of a smokers car is a lot worse than sitting beside a person smoking in a car. It's just a weird leftover smoke that smells disgusting.

And then you have all the bits of ashes stuck in every tiny gap on the dash you can think of :(

I skated on ice years ago in Ringsend in Dublin, found it pretty easy, but I once went to fake ice in Castlebar a few years ago with a ex girlfriend, Kids gliding around while I could not glide, I put it down to me weighing more and not real ice.

Castlebar, you say? Interesting.

Was it synthetic ice? They sell that type of flooring for training purposes but they dull down the skate blades after a while, but it's supposed to be very similar to real ice while the skates are sharp.

• Advertisement

Pov06 wrote: »
    Actually I think the smell of a smokers car is a lot worse than sitting beside a person smoking in a car. It's just a weird leftover smoke that smells disgusting.

And then you have all the bits of ashes stuck in every tiny gap on the dash you can think of :(

What made it worse was this previous owner(I'm guessing) never opened a window so the smoke got stuck in the fabric over the years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement