Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

mod snip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

@God Father: It sounds like you have had a bad experience but please in future keep posts on topic, that post is more suited to consumer issues forum. I've deleted it (If you need a copy of the text pm me)

@gazz no personal abuse please.

Didnt see anything too amazing in Balinasloe today, furbys were the best of it. A few cheap blu ray players too. No TV or hard drives though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

lindtee wrote: »
    If any of us were working somewhere where they were knocking 75% off TVs and other electricals, we would all jump at the chance of getting them before the customers. Seems like a good few posters here got lots of bargains anyway.

Agree 100%.

In a former life, I used to work in "The Software Zone" in Smyths. This Christmas in question was when the Furbys came out first. The things were like gold dust at the time.
    Anyways, we got a delivery in on December 23rd to be put on sale Christmas Eve. Management told us that staff had first dibs. Loads of phonecalls to friends and family later, and the whole order was gone.

So as much as I'd like a cheap telly, or a €30 hdd, I've no problem with staff getting them.
    Management on the other hand....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Anyways, we got a delivery in on December 23rd to be put on sale Christmas Eve. Management told us that staff had first dibs. Loads of phonecalls to friends and family later, and the whole order was gone.

yeah, why bother with customers at all - just sell everything to your staff.

Obviously Tesco just want this stuff gone from their warehouses and don't really care whether it goes to staff or customers, but you can see from this thread that it creates bad sentiment towards the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

loyatemu wrote: »
    yeah, why bother with customers at all - just sell everything to your staff.

Obviously Tesco just want this stuff gone from their warehouses and don't really care whether it goes to staff or customers, but you can see from this thread that it creates bad sentiment towards the company.

creates bad sentiment between the staff also.
    I have no probem wit staff getting a bargain, but it the same staff gettin 3/4 of each item as other staff like customers just get to look on.
    was delighted to see a customer get a tv in our shop cos the other staff didn't realize it was on offer.I didn't even know we had it til the customer brought it up. it was only the display item but stil delighted for him.the same members that get everything were cursing when they found out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I too have no problems with staff getting them but it should be done before customers start eyeing things up such as God Fathers case. Also the fact that certain staff were putting away a few is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

TheDriver wrote: »
    I too have no problems with staff getting them but it should be done before customers start eyeing things up such as God Fathers case. Also the fact that certain staff were putting away a few is not good.

exactly, if Tesco just want to clear out stock, circulate a list to staff in all stores and allocate the stuff by a draw. This current system is a farce, and shows seriously bad management both at local and corporate level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

@God Father: It sounds like you have had a bad experience but please in future keep posts on topic, that post is more suited to consumer issues forum. I've deleted it (If you need a copy of the text pm me)

@gazz no personal abuse please.

Didnt see anything too amazing in Balinasloe today, furbys were the best of it. A few cheap blu ray players too. No TV or hard drives though

Well for once I hit at the right time yesterday. Just walked in and 6 19" Toshiba LED TVs were being put into a rack @ €75 each. Grabbed one with a built in DVD.
    Then a staff member told me there was reductions on the bigger stuff on display as well so I had a look. Got a 32" Toshiba LED HD from the display @ €175

They were all Toshibas on offer, about 6 in total. Mostly 32 " but a couple of 26" combos as well.

I have to say the staff were excellent. They let the customers have all and even gathered to help re-boxing the TVs.

I only went in for bloody mushrooms, spent €250 and forgot the mushrooms.:D:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

which store was this? regards

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭crayon80

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Then a staff member told me there was reductions on the bigger stuff on display as well so I had a look.

I have to say the staff were excellent. They let the customers have all and even gathered to help re-boxing the TVs.

Nice to see this after the bad experiences.

• Advertisement

spongbob wrote: »
    which store was this? regards

Ballinasloe

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

prancer wrote: »
    no offers as of yet in the Nenagh store in regards to Buffalo, TV or blu ray unless someone has succeeded

AFAIK the T.V offers were available in Nenagh on St Stephens day. Staff told me that they cleared a full cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

What's the model on blu ray players ?

swingking wrote: »
    What's the model on blu ray players ?

This is one......

286904.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

kaizersoze wrote: »
    This is one......

286904.jpg

Thanks. My local tesco has a toshiba wifi and sony blu ray but they are scanning as full price well according to customer service desk anyway

swingking wrote: »
    Thanks. My local tesco has a toshiba wifi and sony blu ray but they are scanning as full price well according to customer service desk anyway

Toshiba wifi model is €45 in Ballinasloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

AAA Duracel batteries in Tesco Castlebar for €1 ... still some left.
    They are the ones with 4 +2 free .. packaged with 2 on top of 4 as opposed to a 'flat' long pack - they are marked as €7something on the shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

One Toshiba 32" LCD @ e150 in dunleary at this moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

cbm22 wrote: »
    Have any of these offers been in wexford or New Ross stores

they had a tonne of DVD players Blu Ray ones in Ross, I picked up a few bits and bobs - quite good value too, but no TV''s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Clonmel Store

Walked in about 1pm and very friendly store person was emptying a cage and it had two Toshiba 32" TV's and he priced them at €150 and he was marking down toasters/kettles section as well.

I also got 6 Duracell AAA batteries for €1 and there were plenty of printer cartridges.

Plenty of stuff reduced or 3 for the price of 2, but you need plenty of time to wander around and check.

I only went in for soup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Navan have a cage in the front with a 1gb micro sd card for 10 euros :eek: and around 5 ipod nanos the new sq ones for 50 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Clarehall had a raft of stuff reduced yesterday including the 10 euro 16gig sd cards,phone folders for 25c,LED keyrings for 25c,battery charges for 5euro(included 2 AAA batteries) and a charger including 4 AA batteries for 2euro. Had office 2010 student edition keys for 10euro. Some reduced ipod docks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

daytob wrote: »
    Navan have a cage in the front with a 1gb micro sd card for 10 euros :eek: and around 5 ipod nanos the new sq ones for 50 euros.

Typo re the 1gb? HORRENDOUSLY overpriced if no typo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Hope this uploads properly.
    Babyliss wave envy hair waver €10
    Barcode 3030053023371

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

no the sticker was written with a sharpie i would say, so wasnt a typo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Just back from Tesco in Mullingar. They were after putting out about 10 ipod shuffles (8GB) for €50 and 5 Toshiba external hard drives (360GB) for €50. They also had 3 crates with all sorts of junk in it. From phone charges to 3DS games for €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

The Tesco in Dundrum had a single Toshiba 19" HD Ready TV for 75 Euro this evening at around 7 pm if anyone's interested.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tesco Lucan have 2 26" Toshiba HD Ready TVs @ 125 each

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

32" sony and 32" LG in New Ross, asked about the displays, manager was coy and said back store was clear, these two tellys are boxed and high up on shelf. should have asked but did not have enough time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

TheBody wrote: »
    Just back from Tesco in Mullingar. They were after putting out about 10 ipod shuffles (8GB) for €50 and 5 Toshiba external hard drives (360GB) for €50. They also had 3 crates with all sorts of junk in it. From phone charges to 3DS games for €5.

360gb HDD seems old hat now. You would get a decent usb3 on amazon for future proofing....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement