Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alan Partridge Film

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jaykhunter wrote: »
    "There's more ta Oireland...den dis"

"good slogan for the tourist board"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just finished the autobiography and it's definitely the greatest I've ever read. Would have made an amazing movie if they could have done it.

The early years are piss-takingly funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Agreed. I also love how his backstory is consistent with what he's said over the years.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Just finished the autobiography and it's definitely the greatest I've ever read. Would have made an amazing movie if they could have done it.

agree very funny read,

oh bye the way did you do as Alan suggested and played the tunes that corresponded with each story:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

fryup wrote: »
    agree very funny read,

oh bye the way did you do as Alan suggested and played the tunes that corresponded with each story:D

Nope. Found it so entertaining I promised I'd read the book aloud to my girlfriend if she wouldn't read it. The setlist will come out then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The only thing better than the book of I,Partridge is the audiobook of I,Partridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I hope his fan/stalker is in this.

"You're a Mentalist !!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

jaykhunter wrote: »
    "There's more ta Oireland...den dis"

So. What's de big oidear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Won tickets to the premiere on Thursday. Jurrasic Park!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

A friend of a friend has already seen it at the press screening about ten days ago. It's really, really good apparently.

Gotta be the worth of boasts worlds

Needless to say, MightyMighty737 had the last laugh.

will coogan be there??

fryup wrote: »
    will coogan be there??

Doubt it. It's the Irish premiere in the cinema down by the o2. World premiere in Norwich.

Norwich?? seriously?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Really looking forward to this..... can't wait to see Michael again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

PauloConn wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this..... can't wait to see Michael again

Whatsit all aboot leek?

Ipso wrote: »
    Whatsit all aboot leek?

That was just a noise.

If they did the cup a beans sketch again i'd quiet literally explode (metaphorically)

• Advertisement

PauloConn wrote: »
    If they did the cup a beans sketch again i'd quiet literally explode (metaphorically)

Or if he could once again incorporate his special forces training into making signs.

Move and fire, move and fire.....
    So many great memories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

The Independent (in the UK) gave it four stars as well. Seems to have been well received.

I couldn't be more excited. I bought a new Partridge shirt this morning to wear to the screening. I'm taking two days off of work just to see this film with my friends as we grew up watching Partridge and it wouldn't mean the same for me to watch it over here without them. Got tickets booked for Leicester Square on opening night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

My Friend won tickets to the premier tonight and brought me along, i dont think i have laughed as much in a cinema ever, so many great laughs. Can't see anybody not loving this movie tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Going to see this Saturday.

Might even have a ladyboy or two afterwards. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

nix wrote: »
    My Friend won tickets to the premier tonight and brought me along, i dont think i have laughed as much in a cinema ever, so many great laughs. Can't see anybody not loving this movie tbh

That's great to hear. Looking forward to it.

Just back. It's absolutely hilarious. I'd seen a lot of people doubt how good a Partridge movie could be and for the first minute or so I was worried by how polished it looked. But I have to say it is a top quality film and anyone who goes in a Partridge fan will come out raving about it I think. Surprised by how old some of the old favourites look and how some of them still look the exact same.

Coogan and Meaney compliment each other brilliantly. I would've loved to see Alan
    get some revenge on Dave Clifden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Can't believe the gave out some Terrys Chocolate Oranges at the premier. They also had some superficial damage(yup they thought of everything).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Assuming the reviews still hold up the promise of quality, I'm keen to see this, but for those who already have: is it something I could see with people unfamiliar with Patridge? I don't want to have to be explaining all the subtleties and injokes throughout the flick, so wondering if it'll all go over a lot of peoples' heads?

Hang on is it out now?! I thought it wasn't released until the 7th!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Hang on is it out now?! I thought it wasn't released until the 7th!
    Yeah, but question was directed to those above who have (apparently) already seen it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

I haven't seen all of Alan Partridges stuff so you wont need to do any explaining, its just a non stop roller coaster of laughs really..

Alan Partridge left a recorded message for the irish premier audience as he couldnt be there before the movie kicked off, was pretty funny, he pretty much spoils his own movie in the message, gives away the ending and then gives ah "oh ****" ive just spoiled the whole movie face, whole audience was in hysterics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Is this even playing in IMC Dun Laoghaire? There's a huge poster for it out front but it's not even in the listings on its opening day. :confused:

I've got my "Dan's Kitchen Planet" t-shirt and tickets for opening night in Leicester Square all ready. Movie event of the decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Cannot wait for this one. I predict it's going to be ruddy brilliant!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,400 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I just keep thinking of the line in the trailer "He's got a shootah!!" and giggling to myself.

Both series of 'I'm Alan Partridge' were recently added to UK/IE Netflix, so I have been engorging myself in preparation for the film.

One thing that's interesting: from the trailers it looks like they're not using a lot of make-up on Coogan to age / change his appearance; Partridge looks very different to the version from the TV series.

• Advertisement

Yeah, they took that decision and a lot of people have commented on it. I don't know if they thought that the make-up wuld have been distracting on the big screen. Partridge is 8 years older than Coogan so it will be noticible.

Oh and dunno if people saw this, but it's Alan's personal message to Ireland, I believe broadcast before the Premier?

"The Irish diaspora... which is like a positive disease" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I love that when I look up the trailer on YouTube the ad for it is the trailer itself. :pac:

I'd imagine partridge would have got heavily into Botox, hence the difference in make up maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Also remember this is a cinema release so they're always going to 'pretty' Partridge up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

This is a song for a very special lady with orange hair and a cigarette in her mouth.

• Advertisement

Amazing film. Simply everything I'd hoped a Partridge film would be. My head actually hurt from laughter by the end.

Funniest film I've seen in the cinema since South Park in 1999.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

smelly alan fartridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Amazing film. Simply everything I'd hoped a Partridge film would be. My head actually hurt from laughter by the end.

Funniest film I've seen in the cinema since South Park in 1999.
    So you "quite literally laughed like a drain"?

I had Kenco coming out of my nostrils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Looking forward to seeing this as well.

Peephole Pringle, anyone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement