Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bryan Singer)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Film looks like it could be a bit of a clusterf*ck with all the characters they are bringing in. I admire them for trying something a bit bigger in scope than the usual comic book movie, and closer to the comics but the reason why it worked so well for Marvel was because they did it over a number of movies, and a number of years.

Trying to tell a story that's a prequel, a sequel, and establishing a future/AOA timeline in roughly two hours is asking a lot. However if we get to see AOA versions of Iceman, Sunspot, and Dinklage as Sugarman I'll be happy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I'd like to see Marsden get another shot at playing Cyclops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'd like to see Marsden get another shot at playing Cyclops.

Rather see Cumming back as Nightcrawler

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Seems like Beast got a bit of a redesign

NICHOLAS-HOULT_BEAST_X-MEN-DAYS-OF-FUTURE-PAST_FIRST-LOOK.jpeg

Much better than First Class imo

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/status/320230503687020544

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Beast make-up in First Class was laughabley bad, was a shame as Nicholas Hoult really nailed the character. But for the make-up he would have been the best thing in the film. That looks much better!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Make up like that never fails to impress me, there really is an artistry with practical FX people in Hollywood.

Btw, I think its safe to say the title of this thread is utterly redundant now; the question has been answered hehe - can we perhaps change it? Perhaps to its proposed final title...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd love if they got Kelsey Grammer back to play the older beast (if thats the way the story goes, not too familiar with Days of Future Past), just about the only thing I liked in the third film.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

have to agree with that.

one of the only emotional scenes that worked in the third one was when kelseys beast met leech, and its soley down to the pathos he brought to the film.

very pleasently surprised by his preformance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Looks like Singer and co. may have comically snookered Whedon and Marvel!
    Some very interesting news has just landed as director Bryan Singer has revealed, via his Twitter feed, that "American Horror Story" star Evan Peters has joined the cast of the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past in the role of Magneto's son, Pietro Maximoff, aka Quicksilver. The news arrives in the wake of confirmation from Joss Whedon that Quicksilver and his sister, Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch, both have roles in his script for Marvel's The Avengers 2.

"Before he was an #Avenger," Singer writes, "he was just a REALLY fast kid. Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver." The news also arrives following confirmation this morning that Saoirse Ronan is interested in taking on the Scarlet Witch role in Marvel's The Avengers 2. The actress is said to be the "model" for Whedon's iteration of the character.

"We both have them," Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige told SuperHeroHype of the character rights last summericon1.png. "There's a specific arrangement with those two characters that would allow us to use them with 'Avengers,' but not discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage. They can use them as mutants and as Magneto's relatives, but cannot have anything to do with 'The Avengers.'"

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177099-evan-peters-joins-x-men-days-of-future-past-as-quicksilver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ugh, this could get annoying and messy.

Ugh, this could get annoying and messy.

Ah it's no different to when there was two Truman Capote films doing the rounds. :p

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah it's no different to when there was two Truman Capote films doing the rounds. :p
    Aye, but Whedon is big on his creativity and original thought. I don't think he'll be happy being beaten to the punch (in terms of release dates) by Singer and at the very least, I'll think he'll be very pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

If done right it could be fantastic (maybe). Then again maybe not.

I actually had no idea this was gonna be a kinda sequal to the original movies too.
    /wipes the last stand from memory :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Would be interesting if they kept the same actors for both films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Probably better off just leaving her out of the Avengers I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Probably better off just leaving her out of the Avengers I would think.

Wrong twin :p.

Although if there was only one of the twins in Avengers, I'd rather it was Wanda. Her history is more connected to the Avengers, while Pietro has had stints with X-factor as well for instance. I still think they'll both be in Avengers though.

Thwip! wrote: »
    Would be interesting if they kept the same actors for both films.

Never gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

at the end of the day though money talks, could turn into we'll allow the actors to be in the avengers for a cut of the profit or have it be that a few more of the roster is availible to Marvel in that situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They'll just use a different, likely bigger name actor, and proceed as planned. With the amount of characters in X-Men DOFP, their Quicksilver will likely be lost in the mix. In Avengers 2, a bigger name actor with much more screentime (being in a main cast of 10-12 rather than about 20 in X-Men), not to mention much more marketing behind Avengers 2 than X-Men, the Avengers Quicksilver will become the definitive one. No need for Whedon to change anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think with the deviation already present in the marvel series they should just drop the character.

The Avengers phase one made alot of effort to cross the paths before the big picture so I think that story should be preserved and this carry on might risk diluting it and confusing movie-goers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lucas Till is back as Alex Summers/Havoc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Nice! He was a decent Alex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Where does this story fit in amongst the rest of the films, chronologically?

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Where does this story fit in amongst the rest of the films, chronologically?
    Both after 1st class and after the last stand (with a bit of retconning of the last stand)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Beast looks hideous... and not in the good way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Well its after first class but before the first X Men film but also after The Wolverine using time travel to clean up allot of stuff and start afresh.

Its an attempt to kick start a X Men type cinema universe that Fox can have to rival the Disney Marvel cinema universe.

Otacon wrote: »
    Beast looks hideous... and not in the good way.

That Beast is from First Class

I like that Wolverine has a yellow costume

• Advertisement

wc9b.jpg

otr3.png

kfpx.png

PmMQUFR.png

Posters

ja61.jpg

8q8i.jpg

Much better than First Class' efforts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Found on reddit.

If Wolverine aged. Clint and Hugh

l6ymnoD.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Chinpool wrote: »
    Both after 1st class and after the last stand (with a bit of retconning of the last stand)

What are they actually retconning? Professor X was technically still alive at the end of last stand inside that coma patient guy. Him looking like Patrick stewart could be explained as him projecting himself onto everyone who see's him. Coz he's a telepath like! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

kaimera wrote: »
    Found on reddit.

If Wolverine aged. Clint and Hugh

l6ymnoD.jpg

OldManLogan.jpg

Old Man Logan

A cracking read for any comic fans who may have missed it a few years back.

And Clint?

old_man_logan_poster_by_klavious5-d39xqde.jpg

Kirby wrote: »
    What are they actually retconning? Professor X was technically still alive at the end of last stand inside that coma patient guy. Him looking like Patrick stewart could be explained as him projecting himself onto everyone who see's him. Coz he's a telepath like! :P

There is allot of errors,plot holes and things dont make sense between X Men 3, X Men Origins and First Class. Use time travel and reset everything and start a new X Franchise to rival Disney's Marvel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so this movie is x-men fighting robots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

so this movie is x-men fighting robots?

Not robots, Sentinels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

actually really like those designs.

the sentinels could look really shyte in the wrong hands.

• Advertisement

Finally!!! We get to see some actual Sentinel action. If memory serves correctly, weren't they hinted at in a previous movie? Perhaps the first X-Men, but I might have that wrong ...

If the Sentinels are around in 73 (after First Class) then how come we don't see them in the main trilogy ? Another plot hole or what ... I hate time travel stories

Finally!!! We get to see some actual Sentinel action. If memory serves correctly, weren't they hinted at in a previous movie? Perhaps the first X-Men, but I might have that wrong ...

They were in the Danger Room in the Last Stand

McLoughlin wrote: »
    If the Sentinels are around in 73 (after First Class) then how come we don't see them in the main trilogy ? Another plot hole or what ... I hate time travel stories

I'm gonna guess that this is an alternate universe, considering Trask was played by Bill Duke in the Last Stand, who's just about about as far from Peter Dinklage as you can get

As Chinpool pointed out.. they were in the Danger Room in the Last Stand (I had a feeling it wasn't the first movie), so perhaps they were around, but just not introduced at that point. Or maybe they were no longer there at that point?

There's been a load of stuff released, including a timeline of the evolvement of the sentinels, culminating in the release of the 'mark x' model in 2020.

I'm guessing the 70s team defeat the original models after they turn on both mutants and humans. Production is then stopped and the sentinels are consigned to history until something happens that results in Trask Industries producing the x model.

The x model decimates the mutant race in 2020 which results in Bishop jumping back in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

37r32Pa.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For those wanting a better look at the Sentinels, Bryan Singer tweeted a shot of him posing beside one. It's nice to see they actually built a full-scale (animatronic?) version of the robots, so clearly it won't all be CGI:

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/status/362993850438000640/
    As Chinpool pointed out.. they were in the Danger Room in the Last Stand (I had a feeling it wasn't the first movie), so perhaps they were around, but just not introduced at that point. Or maybe they were no longer there at that point?

Their inclusion in that Danger Room scene was nothing more than a sop to the comic fans in the middle of a cheap, illogical bait & switch sequence. I wouldn't count that as an appearance tbh; I remember watching that scene in the cinema and quickly realising what an awful film this was going to be. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the rumours are that 'Future Past' will
    erase Last Stand from the canon using some timey-wimey?

pixelburp wrote: »
    For those wanting a better look at the Sentinels, Bryan Singer tweeted a shot of him posing beside one. It's nice to see they actually built a full-scale (animatronic?) version of the robots, so clearly it won't all be CGI:

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/status/362993850438000640/

Their inclusion in that Danger Room scene was nothing more than a sop to the comic fans in the middle of a cheap, illogical bait & switch sequence. I wouldn't count that as an appearance tbh; I remember watching that scene in the cinema and quickly realising what an awful film this was going to be. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the rumours are that 'Future Past' will

Since Peter Dinklage is playing Bolivar Trask, who was played by Bill Duke in 3, I'd say it's more than likely 3 will be erased. Possibly even the whole trilogy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can they even do that now after Wolverine 2 because its pretty clear he did kill Jean

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

pixelburp wrote: »
    Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the rumours are that 'Future Past' will
    Please please let this be true!

• Advertisement
Advertisement