Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresher Fest 09 19-20th

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Nova_era wrote: »
    Why are you returning it? And the Atheist society, tch.

I'm joining the pro life society. :)

You're gonna love this. Put the hoodie on just after you dropped me off. Pulled up the zip and the zip snaps in half. Wonderful craftsmanship I must say. I hope some child sweat shop worker gets sold into prostitution for such shoddy workmanship. :eek::D

So does anyone know if the visitors centre is open tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

So does anyone know if the visitors centre is open tomorrow?

I've no idea, can you just drop in on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

I've no idea, can you just drop in on Monday?

Yeah I can but i'm just horribly impatient when it comes to things like this. When I buy something I expect it to not fall apart a few hours after I buy it. Oh well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

You're gonna love this. Put the hoodie on just after you dropped me off. Pulled up the zip and the zip snaps in half. Wonderful craftsmanship I must say. I hope some child sweat shop worker gets sold into prostitution for such shoddy workmanship. :eek::D

Dear god. With statements like that you deserve to have your zip broken, you horrible horrible horrible person. :(
    Aren't you joining one of them though?confused.gif

Nah I meant that with a virtual tongue in cheek, apologies.. no offence meant. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Yeah I can but i'm just horribly impatient when it comes to things like this. When I buy something I expect it to not fall apart a few hours after I buy it. Oh well. :D

How much was it, as a matter of interest?

• Advertisement

€40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

€40

oh i got one too today a red one there very comfy!!

oh i got one too today a red one there very comfy!!

Oooh they come in different colours? Is it just black and red, or is there more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Dear god. With statements like that you deserve to have your zip broken, you horrible horrible horrible person. :(

Nah I meant that with a virtual tongue in cheek, apologies.. no offence meant. :D

None taken! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

I had fun today, despite setting up a stand in the raaaaaain, ugh. Was loving the enthusiasm Freshers... cant wait to get back monday now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 KarlMarx

it was funny when the stands were blowing around...people running everywhere to catch stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Well hopefully there will be a pro-choice society allowed soon to stop this ridiculous scenario of the 'pro-life' (anti-choice) being the only one allowed. It is a thundering disgrace in this day and age that such a society is not allowed by the Societies Guild constitution

That matter will be dealt with very soon I expect

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

notnormal wrote: »
    I discovered today that being 17 and in first year is a load of bollocks!

Even the events organised by the Students Union are for over 18's cos they're in pubs, clubs, etc.

It's discrimination!!

Why not hold the event somewhere that won't stop you at the door cos you're 17, and if they're that bloody bothered about it, have them check I.D. at the bar when you're buying alcohol. It's so ****e, I can't go out to anything for my entire first year, and my friends won't go either cos they wouldn't leave me at home :mad::mad::(

Speaking from the SU's point of view, we'd love if 17 year olds could attend all our events, but unfortunately the law states that under 18 yr olds arent allowed in a licenced premises after 9 o'clock, hence why ID is checked on the doors and not at the bars. I know its sucks being 17 and in college but theres nothing much we can do about it, if we hold events where alcohol is served we're forced to make it strictly 18+. It'll seem worse on freshers week but dont worry theres tonnes of non-alcohlic (or at least not id strict) nights out in the year so its not all bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

was clubs and socs this week? dear god you'd thinjk i would have a handle on waking up before 4 at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Where are the free lab coats?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

was clubs and socs this week? dear god you'd thinjk i would have a handle on waking up before 4 at this stage.

Yup, this wednesday

x43r0 wrote: »
    That matter will be dealt with very soon I expect
    Fuascailt wrote: »
    I had fun today, despite setting up a stand in the raaaaaain, ugh. Was loving the enthusiasm Freshers... cant wait to get back monday now :D

Do you have any opinion on the pro/anti-choice debate btw or do you just side-step it like all the FG head?! I'm guessing the latter tbh, given your complete cockiness on every other subject...

*apologises for drunken post* :o

Advertisement