Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

I played the game all day yesterday, went to save the game last night an it had 25%-30% on the save game, is that how far I've progressed? If so is this game that short?

Mine is 36% after 15h of playing in total. Did some non story missions, 36 of 69 main missions completed. The game is definietly not short. There is a plenty to do aroud. I don't think I will finish the main story line until 30h of playing which is preety good for todays standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

The percentage always racks up quick when your doing lots of missions. Remember the missions will probably get longer and harder (Heh) as you get further in the game. Many side quests popping up lads? Or hidden packages etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I played the game all day yesterday, went to save the game last night an it had 25%-30% on the save game, is that how far I've progressed? If so is this game that short?

If you played most single player games nowadays "all day" you would be finished twice over. COD's single player can be done in 6 hours or less.

The percentage always racks up quick when your doing lots of missions. Remember the missions will probably get longer and harder (Heh) as you get further in the game. Many side quests popping up lads? Or hidden packages etc?

Hidden Packages are in the form of scraps of paper, 50 of them to collect which solves the murder mystery of someone.

Did a side mission that involved Weed, Aliens and a Minigun :D Thought I had put in saints row by a mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Did you guys that got it from the Parcel Motel/Amazon route get a dispatch mail on Friday from Amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yea, I did anyway, I used the free first class delivery option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

how are people finding the soundtrack? I dont think the one from vice city will ever be beaten, but I thought IV's music was a step backwards. it seemed like there wasn't quite the variety that there was in previous games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Those who have the game already: How long did it take to install? Trying to figure out how much time i have to grab my snacks and have a potty break :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

About 15/20mins on xbox for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

how are people finding the soundtrack? I dont think the one from vice city will ever be beaten, but I thought IV's music was a step backwards. it seemed like there wasn't quite the variety that there was in previous games.

Appropriate user name! :pac:

It's got most of the GTA standars covered, but I am disappointed in the loss of jazz and proper metal stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Appropriate user name! :pac:

It's got most of the GTA standars covered, but I am disappointed in the loss of jazz and proper metal stations.

LOL, i used to be in a heavy metal band.

now I've inner ear damage - I'm not deaf, but sometimes I find it hard to separate out 2 sounds from each other - like if someone on the radio is talking and there is music playing as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Bah, I've lost my pimped up beetle buggy car. Its saved in my garage but its not there. ANy way to track it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Bah, I've lost my pimped up beetle buggy car. Its saved in my garage but its not there. ANy way to track it down.

Rob another one :D

At gun point, while pissed, wearing a dress :cool:

Stuck in the blimp code to try it out, Its really slow but you can spawn one with your phone.

iMuse wrote: »
    Stuck in the blimp code to try it out, Its really slow but you can spawn one with your phone.

Great sniper platform.....until the police chopper shoots you down with a dart gun :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Can you go to the gym in V like in SA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

no

Do you even lift?

:P

Just got the Submarine, Going to be great craic exploring underwater :D

iMuse wrote: »
    Just got the Submarine, Going to be great craic exploring underwater :D

Lucky B****rd :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

what a way to start the game!!

Map is huuuuge - this is unreal

Yea baby shooting physics are class :)

Cant believe im finally playing it

Man the driving is sht - slipping and sliding all over the place!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Man the driving is sht - slipping and sliding all over the place!

I like it....just need to get use to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

The driving is very dumbed down, take no damage at all, I miss IV driving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's soooo pretty....

Driving is a bit slidey but not mashing down R2 helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Hoping my express delivery from gamestop arrives nice and early 2moro

Enjoy your night session lads

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

Just had one of those moments. Just finished first mission with Franklin and hit the road. Night time, Kendrick Lamar's ADHD on the radio, Vinewood sign - Sweet.

The dialogue is hilarious so far, can't get over how detailed the world is, was walking around Franklin's house for ages just looking at stuff, the shopfronts too

• Advertisement

yeah the cars are very slidey! Worse than IV

So far I have been to strip club - commandeered a John Deere, watched a gun fight with cops losing, ditched the tractor and stole the police cruiser, drove up to gates of army barracks and lad with m-16 comes out and says its authorised area

A - W - E - S - O - M - E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ahh the controls what happened to the x accelerate Square brake O handbrake :confused:

And now to hit the countryside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

krudler wrote: »
    And now to hit the countryside

Do it! I just kicked a coyote to death. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

yeah the cars are very slidey! Worse than IV

The driving is better than IV.
    So far I have been to strip club - commandeered a John Deere, watched a gun fight with cops losing, ditched the tractor and stole the police cruiser, drove up to gates of army barracks and lad with m-16 comes out and says its authorised area

A - W - E - S - O - M - E

Was driving around a farm for ages and never found a tractor, loads of trailers but no tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

I've read that the driving is similar to the likes of Midnight Club, is there any truth to that? I hope not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Played a few missions, until I met Tonya. Gonna explore tomorrow :D cracking stuff so far

Driving feels strange at first, but you quickly adjust and its great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Played a few hours. For a console game the graphics are class. Story seems pretty cool so far, decent humor too. Looking forward to spending a shocking amount of hours on this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Where do I input the blimp code?

I've read that the driving is similar to the likes of Midnight Club, is there any truth to that? I hope not...

No nothing like that

Anyone found a way to get into trains?

I am just standing on the front of the train but cant see a door

Just playing it now for the last two hours or so. There are times I'm thinking 'jesus christ, this handling sucks!" and other times I'm thinking "this handling ain't so bad", so might eventually win me over. Still firmly believe IV will ultimately prove to be the better of the two.

On a more trivial note...

I'm one of those people (those people) who is big into emergency vehicles. One thing I notice is that driving cars, if you tap right you can turn on the headlights, tap right again and you turn on full beams and tap it again to turn it all off. Driving trucks, holding right will release the trailer (presumably any other vehicle that has a special ability can do something by holding right, like towing for tow trucks or such i'd imagine (though i've yet to drive, or even see, a tow truck).

It just irks me a little bit that they didnt think to make 'hold right' a way of turning on the police emergency lights without having the siren on. I love emergency vehicles, but i've been playing for only about two hours so far, and already im sick to the teeth of the siren in the game. Love the new lighting - would just love to be able to use it without that irritating wailing siren too.

A small point, but one that seems a simple one to implement. Maybe just overlooked?!

As others have said though, graphically so far the game is astounding. There's a lot going on. Getting a much better 'living, breathing city' feel from this game than IV gave me.

I also notice they didnt do anything about the camera angle being far too low when driving. Right thumb on the thumbstick permanently again... sigh... :(

All in all a good effort though.. enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I just smoked some weed and fought off space aliens...God this rocks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I also notice they didnt do anything about the camera angle being far too low when driving. Right thumb on the thumbstick permanently again... sigh... :(

I read the other day you could change the camera angle in some settings? Might be wrong but have a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Where can I find the who*es?

.......... in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Change the camera angle then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Where can I find the who*es?

.......... in the game

Strip club. High heel on the map. Shows up about 20 mins into the game after the prologue iirc

I read the other day you could change the camera angle in some settings? Might be wrong but have a look.

oh it looks like you could be right! :eek:

Rockstar listened! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement