Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh they had a loverly red in there a few weeks ago. I cant remember the name it could have been a malbec maybe it was done from €17 to €8

In Supervalue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep, if your in cork it was the one in Mahon that I picked it up in, in the main store... Sorry I am looking on their site to what it was but I cannot tell... They have some yummie ones anywho

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Yep, if your in cork it was the one in Mahon that I picked it up in, in the main store... Sorry I am looking on their site to what it was but I cannot tell... They have some yummie ones anywho

Was it this Milly?

https://supervalu.ie/offers/all-offers/trapiche-malbec-75cl

Oh jes I am not sure, I will ask himself and see if he remembers which one it was. It could have been but I cant be sure sorry.. Just see the Rib Shack on offer too that's another good one

ncur wrote: »

Great I didn't realise I could look them up online! I thought they might be store-specific deals. Going to ring the offie manager in there with this screen open when I get home from work!

• Advertisement

ncur wrote: »

I was talking to the manager in Super Valu. They are doing a wine promotion Easter week where for every 6 bottles you buy, you get a tenner off. It also applies to the wine on special offer (8 euro a bottle)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Bought our wedding rings yesterday! We didn't really intend to but we got a good deal on them and paid our deposit! We'll have them in 3 weeks. Bit concerned about taking care of them for that long esp when we'll be moving house soon! Also lost 4lbs last week!

Anyone have any experience with Yvonne Harrington for dressmaking? Got a good quote from here that's within my budget. Sarah Foy is a little outside it - is it worth pushing my budget to go with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

CBFi wrote: »
    Bought our wedding rings yesterday! We didn't really intend to but we got a good deal on them and paid our deposit! We'll have them in 3 weeks. Bit concerned about taking care of them for that long esp when we'll be moving house soon! Also lost 4lbs last week!

Anyone have any experience with Yvonne Harrington for dressmaking? Got a good quote from here that's within my budget. Sarah Foy is a little outside it - is it worth pushing my budget to go with her?

Sarah Foy is pretty amazing, have a chat with her and she may be able to advise you how to reduce the prize i.e. less material or the likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 caveatemptor1

Hi Everyone
    just a little tip on prosecco and cava, M&S have lovely prosecco and its usually €16.99 per bottle. However at the moment its 2 for €24 which is comparable with Lidl and Aldi in price! Additionally, when you buy over 12 bottles you get an extra 10% off. We bought 36 bottles at the weekend!

Ladies a few qns...apologies if these have come up before in the thread, I'm a recent addition! Page boys - what do they do/carry? I know flower girls will have to have flowers to carry...but page boys?
    Are any of ye thinking of doing sun beds for the big day? I have never done them before and would be totally anti-them but hate the thought of a dress covered in fake tan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ladies a few qns...apologies if these have come up before in the thread, I'm a recent addition! Page boys - what do they do/carry? I know flower girls will have to have flowers to carry...but page boys?
    Are any of ye thinking of doing sun beds for the big day? I have never done them before and would be totally anti-them but hate the thought of a dress covered in fake tan!

I wouldnt use a sun bed. And i wont be having fake tan either. Just going to embrace the pale. A good photographer should make you look good in the photos anyway.

Page boys can carry the rings on a cushion. (possibly not the real rings)

I wouldn't normally use the tans either, I must say it has been in my head. But I wouldn't go tan booth, more maybe some nice shimmer fake tan or something.. I wouldn't do it if you don't do it normally..

Planning to have my two nephews not really as page boys as such we aren't given them a title unless they really want it, but was hoping they would maybe walk to two girls down the aisle... So wouldn't give them anything to hold...or if they are getting anything they will be getting bubble guns

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mslady

I wouldn't normally go for a tanner but I'm thinking of a couple of coats (!) of a gradual tanner - I used the Cocoa Brown one over 2 nights before my hen and it just took the purple/blue/white glow out of my arms without making me look abnormally brown! Gradual tanner would be safer for me anyway as any patches you miss arent glaringly obvious and can be covered in the next round!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm going to be pale and interesting! Still trying to fade the cycling freckle lines on my arms from last summer - they won't just feck off and it's already March...

Fake tan would just look totally orange on me, no interest there.

On that note, I know it did try the J&J one the gradually glow tan moistures and I think it was the garnier one. Is there any good one ye have come across that doesn't rub off or has that horrible tan smell that is quite nice. I think Palmers used to do one maybe that would be good.

Freckle lines sure they are cute no...haha I still laugh when someone told me once that they could give me cream to fix the freckles on my face.. the cheek

Freckle lines sure they are cute no...haha I still laugh when someone told me once that they could give me cream to fix the freckles on my face.. the cheek

They were bloody ridiculous by the autumn last year, pretty much a solid line on my arms at the point where a short sleeved cycling jersey or running top stops, and I also had some on my back from the sleeveless tops and swimsuits I wore! I'm kinda hoping it stays cool until 23 May this year tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Word of warning on the tan from a photographers perspective. Overdo it and either you'll look like a tangerine or your guests will look like pale zombies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm really paranoid about tan lines :o. I have a strapless gown and I live in Vancouver where the weather will be savage from about May onwards. I'm freaking out that I'll have terrible racer back tan lines from exercise clothes! I'll have to make a serious effort to sunbathe in strapless bikinis on the weekends.

How far in advance do you need to order wedding rings? Wedding rings are quite a bit more affordable than engagement rings, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Faith wrote: »
    How far in advance do you need to order wedding rings? Wedding rings are quite a bit more affordable than engagement rings, yeah?

It depends on what you want. I had first thought i would go somewhere like h samuel for a wedding ring as i felt i got a fab engagement ring no need to buy a very expensive wedding ring. But i found they did very little in 18c white gold which my engagement ring is made of.

Also i had an unusual engagement ring band so it was really hard to find a ring that complimented it so i got mine made. It cost 1150 for my band with pave diamonds and my OH's palladium band. I had costed similar in Jewellery stores and it was working out more expensive to buy from them.

It took about 4 weeks to get our bands made but we specifically said we were in no rush.

We just ordered ours in store (basic yellow gold bands), made the order on a Saturday and collected them the following Thursday. We both have relatively small, slim hands so they had to order in our sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Well we are only ordering our rings on Saturday (if it kills us!) and the wedding is in 5 week so that's how long it'll take :P Ah we aren't getting anything fancy so we've no bother in ours in fairness.

I'm going to go with a gradual tan, I was going to get a spray but then I remembered that I NEVER wear tan so told myself to cop on. I'm always that one in photos with my gang that is pale so may as well continue along that road :) I used the Garnier gradual tanner for my hen and it really was nice, just took the white shine off me :)

Tesco are doing 25% off 6 bottles of wine this weekend if anyone is looking for wine deals

wine shopping tis for the weekend..

Remember the code Rainbow Kirby "Freckles Swore when taking place they would never grow on a ugly face" or back or bit of arm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Awesome, our wedding isn't until august so we'll leave rings for a couple of months.

Whoever recommended shoesofprey.com - THANK YOU! I've designed my ideal wedding shoe there in exactly the colour I want. Hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Faith wrote: »
    Awesome, our wedding isn't until august so we'll leave rings for a couple of months.

Whoever recommended shoesofprey.com - THANK YOU! I've designed my ideal wedding shoe there in exactly the colour I want. Hurrah!

That was me, it's FABULOUS isn't it? The shoes I got are just lovely. I ordered matching flats yesterday, it's addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

ahayes84 wrote: »
    It depends on what you want. I had first thought i would go somewhere like h samuel for a wedding ring as i felt i got a fab engagement ring no need to buy a very expensive wedding ring. But i found they did very little in 18c white gold which my engagement ring is made of.

Also i had an unusual engagement ring band so it was really hard to find a ring that complimented it so i got mine made. It cost 1150 for my band with pave diamonds and my OH's palladium band. I had costed similar in Jewellery stores and it was working out more expensive to buy from them.

It took about 4 weeks to get our bands made but we specifically said we were in no rush.

Where did you get your ring made? We're having a similar problem finding a ring to compliment the engagement ring and so far haven't got on too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

We got our rings in Martin gear. my ring needed to made to fit my engagement ring. Got an 18 c white gold with ten diamonds. Other half got a lovey two tone ring. total was 1000. Both beautiful rings and Martin was an absolute gent to deal with. makes the rings himself. He's definitely worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

annoyedgal wrote: »
    We got our rings in Martin gear. my ring needed to made to fit my engagement ring. Got an 18 c white gold with ten diamonds. Other half got a lovey two tone ring. total was 1000. Both beautiful rings and Martin was an absolute gent to deal with. makes the rings himself. He's definitely worth a visit.

Thanks will check that out. We had gone to the place were the engagement ring was made but the cost quoted for the wedding ring was significantly above the budget we had earmarked for the rings.

I went to Topaz jewellers in Limerick. He was fantastic too once he saw my ring he knew exactly what to do with it. Bit of a trek if you are not from the limerick area though

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever tried Monte Regio Rioja there is a good deal on groupon at the moment, Cant place it though

Advertisement