Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pennypie

So it seems to be a bit of a mixed bag then.They measure my bump with a tape at every midwives appt, last time I measured 2 weeks behind but I think they have a margin of error for about 4 either way?they really rant the best communicators, so not sure if this it's true?

How has everyone been?They have changed my dates, I'm now due 15th April instead of the 10th 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Pennypie wrote: »
    How has everyone been?They have changed my dates, I'm now due 15th April instead of the 10th 😩

That's rough...of it had changed earlier on it wouldn't have bothered you but now it feels so close to the end, it's really disappointing.

I feel crappy on and off... No predicting the aches and pains at the minute. Think the tiredness is returning with a vengeance too :(

hi yellow hen, yeah, it's been a bit of set back, now I just feel like I'm too big for 32 weeks even though I'm probably not...It's funny how there are 'feeling great' days and then 'feeling heavily pregnant and awkward' days!Im def getting the aches and pains here and there especially at night.Ive also been trying to keep as active as possible and it's just getting harder and harder.Im not doing much mind, just trying to hit my 10,000 steps a day on my fit bit. might have the change to swimming or something to take he pressure off my feet and legs

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Pennypie I know exactly how you feel - I'm 34 weeks now and even walking around the supermarket is getting taxing! My feet seem to be getting super swollen lately too.

That's such a pain about your due date, although you might be surprised and your little one could make an appearance on the 10th :P

Currently sitting in the Rotunda now for my diabetes blood tests...bit of a dodgy drive in with all that fecking frost!

• Advertisement

How did you get on The Irony Maiden?Did you get your results?Hope your putting your feet up to help he swelling, I love my footstool!

Pennypie wrote: »
    How did you get on The Irony Maiden?Did you get your results?Hope your putting your feet up to help he swelling, I love my footstool!

I got on grand thanks, results were all normal :) have to keep going back every two weeks to keep an eye on it. Oh well, only 2 more appointments left :)

Oh yeah keeping the feet up as much as possible, finding it tougher all the time now to do the normal rambling around the shops on a saturday, get tired so easily!

How about you Pennypie, how are you finding it all at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

Hi guys, I dont know if anyone is planning on getting the tommee tippee bottle prep at all but I was about to buy mine in boots today for 130 and a girl came over and told me she got one in argos for 84 :-O needless to say I put it down and headed straight for argos!

I got on grand thanks, results were all normal :) have to keep going back every two weeks to keep an eye on it. Oh well, only 2 more appointments left :)

Oh yeah keeping the feet up as much as possible, finding it tougher all the time now to do the normal rambling around the shops on a saturday, get tired so easily!

How about you Pennypie, how are you finding it all at the moment?

Great that results are normal, it must be a weight off!Im doing good, thanks.Starting to feel a little slower, a little bigger, a little sorer....but overall have been doing really well, so I really can't complain!going on maternity leave on April 1st and I must say I'm looking forward to finding up, when are you ladies finishing work?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Stopped getting notifications for this thread after the boards hack, hope all you lovely ladies are well. Working up til 38.5 weeks. 35 weeks now and utterly exhausted.

• Advertisement

The 18th of March is my last day, I'm dying to finish! Feeling VERY pregnant at the moment, everything takes a lot more effort these days! I no longer walk, I waddle :P can't really complain other than that. Just dying for the little one to get here already!

The 18th of March is my last day, I'm dying to finish! Feeling VERY pregnant at the moment, everything takes a lot more effort these days! I no longer walk, I waddle :P can't really complain other than that. Just dying for the little one to get here already!

I was supposed to start mat leave on the 18th as well but im off sick now for the duration for various different reasons!

Baby is right down now. I actually shuffled my way on the school run today using my daughters buggy as a walker lol

Nearly there ladies!!!! Never thought we woukd get here!

Arghh I'm so jealous! You guys have 2 weeks on me!The Irony Maiden, I know what you mean, I feel so pregnant at the moment too.My maternity trousers are starting to feel uncomfortable, they are over the bump ones and the elastic digs into my bump.....but don't want to buy new ones as I'm so close to the end, it's just a pain finding things to wear to work, it's one of the things I'm looking forward to is wearing more casual clothes while I'm on maternity!at the same time I feel like the time is racing ahead, I have so much to read up on and do!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cakescakes

Hi ladies I was on here in beginning but fell away from the group for a while as I was having difficult time, almost delivered at 28 weeks and then on bed rest etc etc. My story now is I'm 34+ thank God but babs is still transverse position. In to gyni again in 2 weeks for stitch removal and if still transverse he will try turn baby. It hasn't been easy and I'm trying to stay positive. Due date approx 22 April but I'm measuring a little before that date so really don't know! I hope you are all doing well?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Cakescakes, sounds like you're really having a tough time of it, but it's brilliant baba and yourself are doing well now, and not long left. I hope your baba does some amazing gymnastics over the next couple of weeks and flips themselves. plenty of time for that still to happen.

I'm 34 weeks, and currently on course for a 10lb + baby. So they're talk of a C-section, I still don't know how I feel about it, but everyone seems to be recommending it for me. But all that's important at the end of this, is healthy baba, healthy mama so I'm just repeating that over and over to myself.

I'm 34+ too and baby is transverse. Coombe have told me there's an ocean of time for her to turn but I'm dreading being told it's a section. Would be very hard to manage a toddler and not being able to drive etc.

Aw guys sorry to hear about all the babas in less than ideal positions! :( I'm afraid I can only add to it, I'm 37 weeks and last scan my little one was breeched. Having a scan tomorrow to see what the story is - she still feels breeched but we will see! Doc said we have to talk about manually turning or c section, bit freaked about both to be honest :S

What is it with all these April babies? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Traverse at 36 weeks here too. In the hospital on Friday to see what they say. I'll say no to the manual movmement. It sounds risky and only has a chance of working so I presume if he hasn't moved by 38 weeks , I'll be sectioned at 39 weeks

javagal wrote: »
    Traverse at 36 weeks here too. In the hospital on Friday to see what they say. I'll say no to the manual movmement. It sounds risky and only has a chance of working so I presume if he hasn't moved by 38 weeks , I'll be sectioned at 39 weeks

Oh I'd be the same javagal, apparently it is quite risky and my placenta is at the front so not sure if that increases the risk or not! Hopefully we get on okay with the scans this week, bit nervous about it being up in the air (although I suppose by it's nature labour is very up in the air :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Oh I'd be the same javagal, apparently it is quite risky and my placenta is at the front so not sure if that increases the risk or not! Hopefully we get on okay with the scans this week, bit nervous about it being up in the air (although I suppose by it's nature labour is very up in the air :P)

My chap definitely hasn't moved! I can feel his bum in my left side and his head on my right. I think feet are up around my ribs, he's been like that since 19 weeks. He also has his cord around his neck then(I'm sure that would of changed, or would anyone know ?)

I've heard of them taking women with transverse babies in at 37 weeks and sectioning at 39 weeks. I'm the only one who's with my daughter all the time, I can't spend that long in hospital !

• Advertisement

2 weeks? They do that?! :/ will see how the chat goes with the doc tomorrow, I definitely don't want to stay in hospital for 2 weeks waiting for a section!

General question to anyone with (or has had) gestational diabetes - do antibiotics/infections effect your blood sugar levels? Been doing the diabetes blood tests for over 2 months now with absolutely no problems. Had my usual blood tests today and was told one of the results were high. I'm bewildered - I've been eating the same stuff for the last two months and have been soooo strict with treats (i.e. there have been none :( ) the only thing I can think of is that the hospital flagged I had a urinary infection so I was on antibiotics for that, was taking them right up to yesterday evening. Could that have had any impact? So disappointed I failed the tedt :(

I was sure mine hadn't moved but according to GP today, head is gone back done. Still very uncomfortable though.

yellow hen wrote: »
    I was sure mine hadn't moved but according to GP today, head is gone back done. Still very uncomfortable though.

That's great news! Hope baba stays put now.

I think my baby has moved towards my back! I have horrendous burning pain in my back today and now I'm nervous because I am adamant I don't want an epidural and I hear back labour is excruciating! Been trying to rock her forward all day lol

I can't believe the amount of transverse babies here! Imagine! Did we any of us think we would end up all the same near the end😉 I slept a little better last night but the pressure I had yesterday was unreal... I thought oh great maybe babs has moved but this morning again I feel baby's head up high right side and legs on the left! I'm nervous of manual movement in two weeks time... Feel sick thinking of it but I do trust my doctor! Stayin in hospital for two weeks will be a nightmare if baby stays transverse AND a section too BUT ........ mentally I'm reminding myself if it's the most safe option for baby then I'll get through it!!! Baby's safe delivery is NB however it's to be and she's obviously comfortable transverse & growing away nicely so that's what she wanted!!! Baby is leading the way!!!! 😉 My mom is great help to me with my 5 year old so I'm lucky there. How's everyone feeling today???

Java gal - my doc said he will def keep me in from 37 weeks if the manual move isn't successful! I think the worry is spontaneous labor happening at home or whatever and the cord causing probs to baby so it's safer be in the hospital my dear, I don't want to frighten you or anyone, this is just what I've learned, but personally for me, I know I'd prefer be in safe hands of the hospital in this case, awaiting a section if I have to, and incase waters broke and labor happened naturally at least I'd be close to theatre for an emergency! Look, please GOD all our little babies engage head down in next two weeks and we all have lovely natural deliveries and easy healing after !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

this might sound a bit odd but I've heard a lot of people say you need to get down on all fours for a while and rock back and forth and it can help baba move. think cleaning the skirting boards or something like that, couldn't hurt I suppose as long as you take it easy?

Just back from the hospital and my little one is still breeched. They've made two appointments for me - next Friday for the manyal turn and the 31st for a c section. I said that I was in two minds about the turn so she said she'd make the appointment for me and I can just ring and cancel if I don't want to go through with it. I have a lot of thinking to do :S my inclination is not to do it (she said herself I'm not an ideal candidate for a successful turn but she recommended me to go for it anyway) I'm so unsure! :/

Just back from the hospital and my little one is still breeched. They've made two appointments for me - next Friday for the manyal turn and the 31st for a c section. I said that I was in two minds about the turn so she said she'd make the appointment for me and I can just ring and cancel if I don't want to go through with it. I have a lot of thinking to do :S my inclination is not to do it (she said herself I'm not an ideal candidate for a successful turn but she recommended me to go for it anyway) I'm so unsure! :/

It's a really tricky one! I'm not sure I would want the turn either! Do you have a good relationship with your GP? Maybe you could have a chat?

I'm also just back from my appointment and I'm no longer having an April baby as I'm being induced on Monday! Eek!

I'm also just back from my appointment and I'm no longer having an April baby as I'm being induced on Monday! Eek!

This Monday?!!!! Oh my god!

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    This Monday?!!!! Oh my god!

I know! Heart attack!!!

Advertisement