Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colgate Will pay for dental check up (until Feb 2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fantastico

Did anyone who bought the products in tesco come back and say they got their money refunded? If so I must have missed it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

thegreen wrote: »
    Sorry whiterebel but I was just asking the question. Noone actually did get to the bottom of it so I was just wondering if there was any new updates on it. If anyone had sent a tesco reciept back and if so what the story was.

And I was pointing you to the answer - they couldn't make it any clearer; put a note with the name of the colgate rep you were speaking to in with the form and it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

whiterebel wrote: »
    And I was pointing you to the answer - they couldn't make it any clearer; put a note with the name of the colgate rep you were speaking to in with the form and it should be ok.

I think he was asking if anyone has actually received a refund from Colagate yet to which the answer would be no.

Rang them myself today and guy on the line said that they've had the request a lot now and they will accept the receipt.

Also asked about the form just out of curiosity and he said that they're "looking into it at the moment"

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

Oh thanks Eimear for Claim form.
    Dentist mentioned, that i may not find it on page anymore...ye she was right.

Another interesting thing. Was buying junkie(fluoride) products 2nd time (as i lost first reciept) on last day of September. Guess what - couldn't find toothbrooshes. went through 4 shops and at last found in Bray Tesco most expensive vibrating once for 7.50 each :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Word of warning - I booked in for my scale and polish with Smiles Dental Clinic. they charge €50 for it but girl in there didnt think i would get the refund as it was under the €65. I presumed they would just refund me the €50. Anyone else encounter this?

Anyways she put me down for exam too €40 which would bring total up to €90 and said Id get the €65 back that way. I hopefully will have a chance later to ring them and find out what story is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Business seeks to maximise profit shocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

fifib wrote: »
    Word of warning - I booked in for my scale and polish with Smiles Dental Clinic. they charge €50 for it but girl in there didnt think i would get the refund as it was under the €65. I presumed they would just refund me the €50. Anyone else encounter this?

Anyways she put me down for exam too €40 which would bring total up to €90 and said Id get the €65 back that way. I hopefully will have a chance later to ring them and find out what story is.

She is some chancer!

From the T&C on the colgate site
    The cheque value will be the price paid by the consumer for the check up or scale and polish as detailed on the receipt up to a maximum of €65.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

anyone have the contact number for them? cannot get it from the site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

fifib wrote: »
    anyone have the contact number for them? cannot get it from the site
    0818 444 849.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Has anyone received a cheque from Colgate yet for their refund?

Just curious as I thought I had read somewhere that it would be issued within 28 days but not received anything back myself yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

iPhone. wrote: »
    Has anyone received a cheque from Colgate yet for their refund?

just realised it's exactly 28days since I posted mine off - so allowing for bank holiday and postage each way - guess i'll be quids in this coming week :)
    have to keep hopeful at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

it will be interesting to see when the first cheques start to turn up

Read somewhere that Colgate had in excess of 18,000 applications, more than anticipated and therefore there is a delay in processing.
    Yeah I know the t&c's say 28 days.

(18000 claims * €50) + (18000 * 54c stamp) = an expensive marketing campaign !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Thats €1,170,000 if everyone claims the full €65. Bet they did not expect that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Anyone get a payment from colgate yet. I sent mine away on the 4th of September with all the correct documentation etc. Still have not recieved payment. Anyone out there got anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

greened wrote: »
    Anyone get a payment from colgate yet. I sent mine away on the 4th of September with all the correct documentation etc. Still have not recieved payment. Anyone out there got anything yet?

Nothing yet and I sent everything off on Friday the 3rd Sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Nothing either... I sent off end of aug or start of sept

We will just have to wait. Fingers crossed. Forgot to copy recipts etc which I usally do when sending anything off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Got mine today. The full €65. Thanks, Colgate!

• Advertisement

You must be the first. Congrats:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fantastico

qwertz when did you send yours off? Then we'll get an idea when we should expect ours (hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

You must be the first. Congrats:)

Had the whole procedure done and form sent off on the very first day of the promotion, and still havent received any magical 'cheque' yet? The thing is such a scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Give it a chance they have a hell of a lot of claims to go through, at least one boardie has got their cheque :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Cant seem to access the claim form on website. Does anyone have it as a pdf?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

You'll find it as an attachment on this thread...

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I think I sent it in on the 6 September. Receipt from Tesco which they accepted without issue. Now those 65 will go towards a root canal treatment :)

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Had the whole procedure done and form sent off on the very first day of the promotion, and still havent received any magical 'cheque' yet? The thing is such a scam!

Recieved my refund yesterday. I sent mine in very early in September.
    Looks like this is a genuine offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Recieved my refund yesterday. I sent mine in very early in September.
    Looks like this is a genuine offer.

Lucky you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Got mine yesterday, applied mid September.

Advertisement