Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish drugs 'mule' dies in Venezuela after condoms full of cocaine burst

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Rocco0 wrote: »
    How do I make a post

Wrap it in a rubber and swallow it. Remember to double bag that sh!t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rocco0

Do shrooms grow in Ireland during spring/summer and I already know they grow in october

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DonkyPlonk

sad story, stupid thing to do, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Do shrooms grow in Ireland during spring/summer and I already know they grow in october

Don't ask for advice on drugs please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Don't ask for advice on drugs please.

maybe he just wants to make a nice risotto :rolleyes:?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Murdered by Eamon Dunphy, Gerry Ryan and all the other cokehead Scum
    in Ireland , well done , you sick habit has consquences.

Never heard of personal responsibility ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

How do I make a post

Loved you in "Animal trainer" and "True anal stories".

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Smudge357

The attitude of some of you is disgusting. It's ironic that the same people calling these men 'scumbags' are openly celebrating needless death. Paying taxes hasn't lead you to any enlightenment.

This man could well have been in serious debt, the mules are generally not the kingpins you witch-hunters are looking for.

If only he was a famous DJ, people would have all the sympathy in the world for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Smudge357 wrote: »
    The attitude of some of you is disgusting. It's ironic that the same people calling these men 'scumbags' are openly celebrating needless death. Paying taxes hasn't lead you to any enlightenment.

This man could well have been in serious debt, the mules are generally not the kingpins you witch-hunters are looking for.

If only he was a famous DJ, people would have all the sympathy in the world for him.

If I am in a bad debt I will try get another job. I won't have any criminal dealings especially anything to do with drugs. The reason for this is because all these people end up dead at a young age from over doses, getting murdered etc. also I wouldn't let my family or friends down by going down a path like this. There are always options, some people think they are the exception and will do ok.

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    If I am in a bad debt I will try get another job. I won't have any criminal dealings especially anything to do with drugs. The reason for this is because all these people end up dead at a young age from over doses, getting murdered etc. also I wouldn't let my family or friends down by going down a path like this. There are always options, some people think they are the exception and will do ok.

If you owe enough money to have to go to Venezuela to swallow condoms of cocaine for a dangerous family, you can be sure the other option isn't 'get another job'...

• Advertisement

If you owe enough money to have to go to Venezuela to swallow condoms of cocaine for a dangerous family, you can be sure the other option isn't 'get another job'...

His own choice. I've **** all sympathy for these people. They know what they're getting themselves in to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It always amazes me that people are willing to pay large amounts of money to consume something that was quite likely carried in someone's rectum while en route to Ireland.

To me, anyone using cocaine are simply pathetic junkies really and should go seek help and get cleaned up.

They're supporting a multi-billion Euro crime ring that does nothing other than inflict violence and misery on people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

I travel via Irish Ferries a lot and there are no security checks (for foot passengers).

Would you bet the next ten years on that ;)

His own choice. I've **** all sympathy for these people. They know what they're getting themselves in to.
    If someone says go here and bring me my drugs or you're getting killed for not paying your debt, is it still your choice?

If someone says go here and bring me my drugs or you're getting killed for not paying your debt, is it still your choice?

Yes. Because you should not have gotten into debt with them in the first place.

Yes. Because you should not have gotten into debt with them in the first place.
    So now it's ok to have people die if they owe people money?

So now it's ok to have people die if they owe people money?

No of course not. Thats why people use financial institutions to borrow money. If they won't lend you money there is a reason. Would you get yourself into debt with a drug dealer or loan shark?

No of course not. Thats why people use financial institutions to borrow money. If they won't lend you money there is a reason. Would you get yourself into debt with a drug dealer or loan shark?
    No I wouldn't, but thankfully I also haven't been abused. I have no serious mental health issues and I haven't fallen into an addiction like so many young people do. I was lucky enough to be born into a family that made my education and welfare a priority. Lucky, as were you by the sounds of it.

I was sickened to see the attitude and lack of compassion in a lot of people's words when I was reading this thread.
    A man is dead, instead of saying how happy you are and waiting for the next body to rejoice over, how about you think about how we can stop the kids growing up now from getting themselves into this situation.
    Ending prohibition so we can stop these gangsters from making money would be a start.

I agree with you. But it has been suggested that when one these people die another one takes their place. It's a recurring cycle. People always have a choice. They can choose to take drugs or not to. Nobody forces people to take drugs, it's a lifestyle choice. Even if we educate young people I don't think it will be enough. You see a lot of celebrities taking drugs, young people look up to them and whatever they were told about drugs goes out the window. They start to take drugs because it's the thing to do. But they make that choice. I've no time for people that take drugs. It's scary walking around Dublin city centre and seeing these scumbags out of their head. I think it will only get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

In retrospect ribbed appears to have been the incorrect option :)

• Advertisement

I agree with you. But it has been suggested that when one these people die another one takes their place. It's a recurring cycle. People always have a choice. They can choose to take drugs or not to. Nobody forces people to take drugs, it's a lifestyle choice. Even if we educate young people I don't think it will be enough. You see a lot of celebrities taking drugs, young people look up to them and whatever they were told about drugs goes out the window. They start to take drugs because it's the thing to do. But they make that choice. I've no time for people that take drugs. It's scary walking around Dublin city centre and seeing these scumbags out of their head. I think it will only get worse.

Drugs are not all the same, that 'drugs are bad' mantra is actually counterproductive in my eyes.

Kids get into their teens and realise a lot of their favourite bands and artists and movie stars smoke cannabis and they are obviously very successful. They go on the internet and see that cannabis is curing cancer and lots of people say it's a wonderful thing. With that realisation, the 'drugs are bad' lesson is out the window and the teacher's credibility on the whole subject of 'drugs' is shot.

It's such a mixed up message we are giving about drugs.
    You mention two kinds of people that you see taking drugs; 'celebrities', obviously highly successful, and also 'Dublin, scumbags out of their head'...highly unsuccessful...of course kids think there's more to the story than they are being told. It's because there is, a whole lot more.

There are addictive, dangerous, mind & body destroying drugs.
    For me, these would be alcohol, nicotine, cocaine, crystal meth, crack, amphetamines, heroin, et. Nobody has ever claimed to learn much or attribute any real benefits to these drugs.

Then there are drugs that aren't physiologically addictive drugs that are actually relatively safe like cannabis, MDMA, LSD, magic mushrooms and most entheogens. Many people say these drugs have helped them in various ways. Studies often prove their benefits in these ways.

To treat and talk about all these drugs and and users of these drugs as the same would similar to demonising coffee drinkers because you want to stop drink driving on alcohol. This message of 'all drugs are bad' simply doesn't work, kids are smarter than that these days and it destroys the credibility of anyone trying to guide kids away from drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Any news on who the Galway lads are? They were due in court in Caracas the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

To treat and talk about all these drugs and and users of these drugs as the same would similar to demonising coffee drinkers because you want to stop drink driving on alcohol. This message of 'all drugs are bad' simply doesn't work, kids are smarter than that these days and it destroys the credibility of anyone trying to guide kids away from drugs.

Teenage drug use is higher in places that have an active D.A.R.E program believe it or not, mostly for this very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

kraggy wrote: »
    Any news on who the Galway lads are? They were due in court in Caracas the other day.

No names, just this:
    Drugs mule who died in Venezuela was on the run from gardaí
    By Paddy Clancy - Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Irish drugs mule who died in Venezuela was on the run from gardaí and the courts here.

Martin "Butch" Beirne disappeared from Sligo 18 months ago. He failed to appear at Sligo Circuit Court on a charge of possessing €2,000 of cannabis for sale and supply and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Beirne, 28, died on Wednesday in hospital when he was found collapsed in a hotel room in the Venezuela capital, Caracas.

Two men travelling with him, in their 20s and from Galway, were due in court in Caracas yesterday on drug-trafficking charges.

Beirne is believed to have ingested condom-wrapped bags of cocaine when one burst inside his body.

His family in Boyle, Co Roscommon, have been informed of his death.

Beirne was in Sligo town for eight years before he went on the run.

He had close links to members of a local crime family he met in jail.

One of the family was discharged from the army after a conviction for obstructing gardaí when they tried to carry out a drugs search on her boyfriend.

Some of the family live in Lanzarote and Garda sources say Beirne went there when the warrant was issued. He got involved in smuggling drugs from South America for the family through a route set up by a Portuguese gang member who lived in Sligo up to 2008 and was jailed in January for running a prostitution racket.

A senior Garda officer in Sligo said: "He was known to have operated a drugs route from South America and he was closely linked to the Sligo crime family when he was doing that.

"Beirne was a pathetic figure in the gang. He arrived in Sligo 10 years ago after he was in prison. He stayed in a hostel and then became involved with the biggest drugs family in the town. He [Beirne] was prepared to do anything for them."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/text/ireland/kfididkfsnoj/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

And your'e most likely less intelligent than most of us.

Drugs, Drug dealing & Drug use has caused an unholey anount of misery for people & their families in this country.

Cop on!:mad:

Alcohol.Alcohol dealers & Alcohol use has caused an unholy amount of misery for people & their families in this country ......to the benefit of Government coffers.
    I'M PAYING MY TAXES TO KEEP THIS COUNTRY RUNNING.

I DUNNO WHY, WHEN IT'S KEEPING WASTERS ON THE DOLE, GRASPING FOR EVERMORE 'ENTITLEMENTS' THAT THEY FEEL ACCOUSTOMED TO.

Why bother?:rolleyes:

Excuse me,I am no waster! How dare you,Your generalization would indicate that you are either a complete moron and/or snob or just stirring the pot!
    Nah 'Mate', I feel a responsibility to my family, so I'll stay working.

Thanks for the advice though.

I won't become one of the 'Entitled Ones' thanks.

After 20 years paying taxes I am entitled to the mesely €188 p/w I receive since been made redundant,while I keep looking for a job!

God forbid you ever find yourself in the position of been out of work and having to become one of the entitled ones you so readily condemn!

As for the subject of the thread,fookin eejit,I feel for his family,the other pair-god help them!

It's surprising these kind of stories dont get more coverage on the news or in printed media,you would think a country battling a growing drug trade would welcome the chance to tell a scary story related to the trade,if anything to put food for thought in young peoples minds!

btw - drugs have no class barriers,they are bought & sold,used and abused by a broad spectrum of people from both ends of the scale!
    The only differences been the quality/purity and quantities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

What a fool. I did not think that there were people that still tried to smuggle using this method. I wonder how crazy he got before the overdose kicked in.

think of 'that' guy in breaking bad times 10.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Surely it would be safer to put the coke into the condoms and just hide them in your suitcase. They'd never think of looking there. And if they burst you wouldn't die.

dog sniffers would sniff them a mile away boyo

then he would be rightly f**ked up the ass for years to come in a nice jail in s. america

on a side note, this is probably rife across latin america, i saw a film about a girl who was brought into this, (true story) forget its name again.

sad stuff, getting into the customs in the states them custom guys can tell in about 20 seconds if you are a drug mule from your expressions alone.

omck80 wrote: »
    My first post on boards :) God love him no matter who he was. Just goes to show what this country is forcing people to do. Even if he was from big drug dealing family thats a horrible death.

thats bs, thousands of people in Ireland would like money, but only a very small minority would go this route.

hell i had to move to the uk when things were bleak back home but i have enough brains than to do this crap, like most normal people in Ireland.

having said that, the guy doesnt seem to have been very smart at all to do what he did but that goes without saying

old_aussie wrote: »
    ROF LMAO

this is turning into an epic thread... almost 4am here laughing reading this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

I registered just to comment on this.

People here are speaking on things they know nothing about. I fully understand what drugs has done to people and communities, but its always the small people who take the bullet, while the gangs who are responsible for it all get away.

I knew Butch very well up until about 3 years ago when he got in with the wrong people, and he didnt have an easy life, but he was incredibly generous even though he literally had nothing and was a really nice guy.

He was hilarious! The guy could crack a whole room up, but unfortunatley got in the wrong crowd who just used him. I always felt a bit sorry for him, he said his family wanted nothing to do with him and i remeber a few years ago when we were in his bedsit appartment he was renting at the time, talking about how he was trying to get a real job but no one would hire him. After that, in his mind there was only one way to make money, and these people seen that he was desperate and used him.

He was stupid for what he done and the lifestyle he chose, and even though i hadnt spoken to him in 2-3 years, i will definitly miss him. He had a tragic life, and i hate people saying he was a "drug mule", learn the facts before you speak.

RIP Butch

Advertisement