Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish drugs 'mule' dies in Venezuela after condoms full of cocaine burst

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

gustafo wrote: »

High risk, high reward. Roll of the dice, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. Better luck to the next runner hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Sad to hear and the ironic thing is he probably was not being paid anything to do it he was a well know user.Probably getting his tick sheet shortened.Oh and that "Sligo based crime family" does not exist anymore is was disbanded over a year ago most of the members retired to Spain.It was replaced 4 or 5 smaller gangs which ironically has driven prices down as they all compete with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I've read many books on criminals and one of the things which comes up again and again is that the average criminal has low intelligence.

I cannot believe they still use this method to import drugs. It may be "quicker" but it requires a constant supply of mules and there is a high risk that you will lose your shipment (never mind the mule).

Why don't they just get organised and figure out a secure, reusable route? Off the top of my head, you get the drugs from Columbia into Brazil. You pay off someone who works on a tanker (e.g. banana boat) to allow one crate of your product on every trip. The boat then arrives in Spain or where ever and then the product is distributed. To get it into Ireland you simply need to go via Irish Ferries as they have no security checks between France and Ireland.

Obviously the above would take a bit of effort but surely it is doable especially with the kind of money these guys have.

Or perhaps this sort of thing already exists and the condoms-in-the-stomach guys are the equivalent of the lads who sell bananas on Moore Street whereas the scenario above is Tesco...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

ROF LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Or perhaps this sort of thing already exists and the condoms-in-the-stomach guys are the equivalent of the lads who sell bananas on Moore Street whereas the scenario above is Tesco...

I'd say that's most likely. If not we'd have much more cases of people dying like this man. There are probably much more organised imports of cocaine and other drugs but they are so well organised most people have no idea they even exist.

Whatever about whether he was forced into it or did it of his own free will, a man still died and I still feel sorry for him and his family. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

to get it into Ireland you simply need to go via Irish Ferries as they have no security checks between France and Ireland.

Yes because thats how all the cocaine gets into the country. No one ever thinks of checking there.

Another one bits the dust.....i'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 deisebiker

Good riddance to the scum bag. Delighted for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

JG009 wrote: »
    Yes because thats how all the cocaine gets into the country. No one ever thinks of checking there.

Another one bits the dust.....i'll get my coat.

I travel via Irish Ferries a lot and there are no security checks (for foot passengers).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Ehh no need for the name calling and I'm most likely a lot younger than you. How do they get what they deserve you know nothing about them or their life. There's absolutely no need for half the horrible comments on here, bunch of snobs thinking they're better than everyone else.

I know they were involved in drugs, and in my view any one dealing with that muck is the lowest of the low, and yes I do have experience of the horrible cruel nature of drugs.
    And how do you have the right to call people a bunch of snobs, you know nothing about me, Im assuming anyone else.
    And I will stand by my comments that he is the lowest of the low, he knew what he was dabbling in.
    And yes I do feel sympathy for his family, as they've lost a loved one.
    Kurz wrote: »
    Seriously? Drug mules are only ever in that situation because they're being forced to. It's not exactly a business venture.

And how would one be forced to do it? And why?
    Im assuming he owed a debt to some pusher,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

He should have double bagged it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I've read many books on criminals and one of the things which comes up again and again is that the average criminal has low intelligence.

I cannot believe they still use this method to import drugs. It may be "quicker" but it requires a constant supply of mules and there is a high risk that you will lose your shipment (never mind the mule).

Why don't they just get organised and figure out a secure, reusable route? Off the top of my head, you get the drugs from Columbia into Brazil. You pay off someone who works on a tanker (e.g. banana boat) to allow one crate of your product on every trip. The boat then arrives in Spain or where ever and then the product is distributed. To get it into Ireland you simply need to go via Irish Ferries as they have no security checks between France and Ireland.

Obviously the above would take a bit of effort but surely it is doable especially with the kind of money these guys have.

the average criminals - lower members of gangs etc. - might have low intelligence but a lot of them are very smart people. Also the intelligence they test them for is probably school/book smarts not the kind of intelligence that matters to them

the drugs get to europe from the america's via west africa a lot of the time now, as it can be done cheaper/less risk to those bringing it over that way

maybe these guys were trying to get/had their own contacts sorted and had to send someone over to get it that way.

there's a serious lack of respect for the dead in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

RIP condolences to his family

He was such a nice and loving person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

If I told him once I told him a thousand times......."Squeeze the tip to expel the air or it will burst"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

gustafo wrote: »
    there's another episode sorted for banged up abroad in a few years time

How come?

Is there a prison for dead people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

stovelid wrote: »
    How come?

what about the 2 clowns who were with him? are they going to walk free are they?

i think they would be better off dead for the **** they are going to have to put up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

booboo88 wrote: »
    whether you buy or sell drugs, you're the lowest of the low.
    Phil Babb was the greatest central defender of all time.

whether you buy or sell drugs, you're the lowest of the low.

Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps 16 Olympic medals—six gold and two bronze at Athens in 2004.
    Low life weed smoker..............

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

omck80 wrote: »
    My first post on boards :) God love him no matter who he was. Just goes to show what this country is forcing people to do. Even if he was from big drug dealing family thats a horrible death.

Dear oh dear.:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

True. Supply & demand & all that.

I hate anybody feeling sorry for anybody stupid enough to get involved in the 'trade' though.

It's a cancer on Irish society.

As big a cancer on Irish society as the power's that be up in Dáil Eireann !

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    How come?

About 50 minutes of pitch-black and no narrative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

mikom wrote: »
    Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps 16 Olympic medals—six gold and two bronze at Athens in 2004.

Im glad you agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

mikom wrote: »

Richard Branson, Ted Turner, Michael Bloomberg, Barack Obama, Ahnold Schwarzenegger.....Wasters, every single one of them will never amount to anything....

Having said that, smoking pot isn't quite in the same category as swallowing condoms full of (no doubt high grade) coke if you ask me.

Im glad you agree

*wind whistles*
    *tumbleweed rolls by*
    * A coyote howls mournfully*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭batistuta9

and the poor high horses back is being broke with the waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

It seems to me like this fellow was a bit of a loser who found himself sleeping rough, fell in with the wrong kind and ended up paying a terribly high price for his stupidity. He certainly didn't deserve to lose his life, and the "Mister Bigs" that use small-timers like him to do the dirty and dangerous work will easily find other desperate eejits to replace him.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If this dark cloud has any silver lining, it is that Gerry Ryan is no longer around to tut-tut hypocritically about drug-dealing scumbags, and the other coke-snorting whited sepulchres in the Irish media will likewise have to mute their condemnation and leave it to some of the more Daily Mailish hanging-and-flogging ghouls on this thread to kick the poor fecker's dead body when he's down.:):)

p.s. I have never been and am not now a cokehead.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

batistuta9 wrote: »
    there's a serious lack of respect for the dead in this thread

lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rocco0

How do I make a post

Rocco0 wrote: »
    How do I make a post

First choose a tree..................

• Advertisement