Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

I also find trying to find out where the pain is focuses my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Another zispin user here i'm up to 45mg at the moment. Had a bit of a breakdown the other day and had to move in with my dad. I'm just realising I'm afraid to leave the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

hold your breath for a few seconds and just focus on the overall feeling and say to yourself 'Where exactly is the sensation' and then 'It is not good or bad. not good or bad'.

works for me :)

I've just played my cbt vodoo cd as I call it. Worked the fourth time.

brother checked my blood presure, sky high. Must go annoy GP with something else now Monday :)

lukesmom wrote: »
    Feel so alone right now :(

You are not alone my friend. We are here.
    x

I'm so alone too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

pinkstars wrote: »

I'm so alone too

massive virtual hugs to you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Loneliness seems to be a common emotion felt by us all in here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Loneliness seems to be a common emotion felt by us all in here

Loneliness is so debilitating. Thinking of everyone on here right now, hope the loneliness eases. Keep posting if it helps, I know it does me good to offload.

Looking for advise from some ppl here.
    Have to add something to my medication for anxiety its out of control even with cbt techniques

GP Suggest zispin was on it before didn't really like it though I was on a different anti-d then.

Or low does of seroquel in evenings.

I know both CAN cause weight gain which frightens me.

I will be talking all this out with her tomorrow but if anyone uses them id like to hear what they think.
    Thanks guys

handbagmad wrote: »
    Have to add something to my medication for anxiety its out of control even with cbt techniques

GP Suggest zispin was on it before didn't really like it though I was on a different anti-d then.

I will be talking all this out with her tomorrow but if anyone uses them id like to hear what they think.
    Thanks guys

I was on it for a couple of years I believe in the form of Mirap. I was taken off it a few months back as another medication I was on needed to be increased.

I had no bad experiences with it.

Regarding weight gain - I'm a big guy anyway so I can't say if it affected me in that way at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have been on seroquel for the last year or more.. Weight unaffected, though everyone is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Thanks guys

Hey my psych doc added seroquel xr300mg to my cymbalta. You can increase seroquel quickly enough I started at 25mg. I find it great for racing thoughts. I also had zispin in the mix but came off it 6 weeks ago but Im back on it and tonight will be my 5th night to take it. Going back on it because my anxiety has been bad the past few weeks. I came off zispin because of weight but now I couldn't care less at the moment I just need the anxiety to go. So yeah seroquel and zispin have been fantastic for my chronic anxiety. I do psychology sessions too.

Concoction is:

Amitriptyline
    Zispin
    Zyprexa
    Lyrica
    Valium

And I'm in the middle of a breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hi guys.
    I see from a lot of your posts that you are on medication and still feel unwell a lot of the time.
    I'm wondering whether going to a doctor to get medication is the right thing to do for me.
    Yes, I am trying to talk myself out of doing it. But I need it to work if I'm going to do it.

phi3 wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    I see from a lot of your posts that you are on medication and still feel unwell a lot of the time.
    I'm wondering whether going to a doctor to get medication is the right thing to do for me.
    Yes, I am trying to talk myself out of doing it. But I need it to work if I'm going to do it.

For myself, despite my ups and downs detailed here, I'd be in a far much worse place if I was not taking any kind of medication.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

phi3 wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Despite my many rants and gripes here about any sort of thing, medication has been great for me.. I'd say I wouldn't be here to post without it.. In the early days it sometimes takes some time to find the right type and level.

As it usually is with most subjects people are more vocal about things when they (me) have a complaint and tend more to silence when things are ok instead of praise..

Don't let keyboard rants and whingeing discourage you! I hope you make it to the doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

bleh. Didn't sleep so well last night. That's unusual for me. I've a few things on my mind. Woke with huge dread today, and it's been hard to shift. I don't even have much work to do, but I have a few things hanging over me. Managed to email some people I need to contact (as opposed to talk to them face to face - that's too stressy right now). Keep feeling like I'm no good.

Had a bit of a disagreement with OH too, I think that's what's on my mind. We have a stressful time on our hands but I think I'm upset cos we could work together to make it less so. I'm not feeling great about myself either, I'm exercising but am conscious of some excess weight. I dunno, maybe I thought it'd fall off me. It worries me that I'm focusing on this, but I plan to modify my diet rather than starve myself or anything. My mind won't thank me for that! I happened to exercise a bit less last week, which might affect my mood, and I drank a little bit over a few days, which probably didnt help either.

Job situation is still up in the air, but to be fair two of the people I've emailed today are people I can ask for advice on that, so it's progeress. I have another email to send to a person I trust too and will do that later today. One person got in touch with me last week and I was touched cos it was nice to have someone ask how things are going. Feel like I'm fighting the world on my own sometimes, despite not being alone. Also feel very out of control of my life.

I've still only managed to do one online CBT module. Having written this post I feel a bit better and more motivated to get work done and maybe head home early and work from there/do CBT. I'm skyping potential employer again today so I like to be at home well in advance of that and make sure I'm dressed professionally and well prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

I just thought I'd join in, I've been on Lexapro 10 mg for about 8 years, sort of tied in with diabetes type 2.

I've got loads of issues at the moment, splitting up with partner, though that was pretty toxic for both of us, so I've got a great feeling of freedom coupled with an alternating sense of loss. I haven't worked since September last year, and to be honest for about the last 4 years, I've found it very hard to cope, and I'm sure its been noticed, and thats why I'm not being asked back like I became used to.I'm so tired and don't want to do anything. But I do force myself do do stuff and break it into doable chunks of time and effort.
    Then my son has been wending his way to a heroin and alcohol Rock Bottom, I paid for a treatment centre 4 years ago, he spent 3 months there, was confident, healthy, had a good job to go to, and 2 days later hes back on coke.

Anyway we the family have just had to watch his downward spiral.

He ran up a lot of debts, his flat is a hovel, we all refused to give him any money, if we did it went on drink or drugs, and lengthened the agony. So he booked himself onto a methadone detox for 4 weeks, and now he's been 3 weeks in rehab. So lets hope he sticks at it.

I read on here as a lurker really, and I think to write down on here what exactly is bugging you, helps you understand it better, I do that occaisonly.lol

Hope you all have a bearable day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

I didn't quote the post but someone asked about going on medication on the last page. I think you should go to your GP and discuss it and see if it suits. Medication helps a lot of people but just one word of warning. It is very hard to get off some of them. I spent ages trying to get off effexor and I finnally managed to do it a few weeks ago. Thing is I felt better on them but I still don't want to go back on them. Maybe go on something with a low dosage but as i said go to your GP, hopefully they can give you good advice.

I'm going to see a counsellor today myself, had one before but only short term. To say I'm ****ting myself would be an understatement.

Doc took bloods this morning. She reckons what I could have is something called serotonin syndrome.
    Checking for underlying things too.
    Have changed dose of effexor and taking it at different intervals during the day instead of altogether.

On plus side I went for a walk! Big effort needed im chuffed. I know its something small and stupid.... Big to me.

Hope I can do the same tomorrow

• Advertisement

Got dumped tonight. :(

Ouch.. Well I'm online for the night so if you want to rant about it I'll be around with an ear to lend..

Ouch.. Well I'm online for the night so if you want to rant about it I'll be around with an ear to lend..

Thanks, just trying to distract myself on the internet as much as possible. It's either that or drink for the night. Just when you think things are going well, life never lets you relax and be happy does it?

Thanks, just trying to distract myself on the internet as much as possible. It's either that or drink for the night. Just when you think things are going well, life never lets you relax and be happy does it?

Just when you finish school and do your last test, you realise it's all just a set of tests eh?. Know how you feel..

Sorry to hear that....that's tough

Just when you finish school and do your last test, you realise it's all just a set of tests eh?. Know how you feel..

Tests are never fun are they? Especially when they're surprise exams and you haven't studied. Ah well, we all have to learn our lessons I suppose. This analogy is going on too long isn't it?

Sorry to hear that....that's tough

Thanks, I'll get over it eventually.

Yeah it is a bit haha!. Flogging and horse come to mind.. ;-)

:D Anyway, how are you getting on? How's everyone else getting on? Any good news to cheer us all up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Mister_Happy

:D Anyway, how are you getting on? How's everyone else getting on? Any good news to cheer us all up?

- Weathers been nice, can head out for walks in the sun without getting soaked or blown away
    - only a few days till I get to open my Easter egg :)

Hope your getting on alright, plenty more fishies in that big sea & ye never know a certain fish might swim back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement