Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Yeah I’m absolutely thrilled for them!

Can’t wait to see who will be the charity partner for 2019 already!

When do they usually announce it? Around October?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    When do they usually announce it? Around October?

Yeah around then!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ChristmasFM’s charity partner applications open from 1st March.

oanqkh.jpg

We were so close to snowmas 2019!!

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

oanqkh.jpg

We were so close to snowmas 2019!!

It's due to get warmer tomorrow... but ChristMarch - well that's really up to Santa...

• Advertisement

It's due to get warmer tomorrow... but ChristMarch - well that's really up to Santa...

I hear he’s a big fan... huge fan... Monday the 18th is a good day :P

https://christmasfm.com/barretstown-our-official-charity-partner-for-2019/

3 months and 2 days until this is back on air I reckon! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Whoop whoop!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

They said on Instagram it'll be back at the end of November but will announce the exact date in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Listening to the loop station now or whatever you call it - you can get Christmas FM all year round :-D

• Advertisement

Scarinae wrote: »
    They said on Instagram it'll be back at the end of November but will announce the exact date in a few weeks

Reckon it'll be the 29th Nov. Same day as the Toy Show, or possibly the day before.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Reckon it'll be the 29th Nov. Same day as the Toy Show, or possibly the day before.

I'm thinking it's the 29th as well for some reason, gives them the 27th and 28th to get all the testing done :)

I'm thinking it's the 29th as well for some reason, gives them the 27th and 28th to get all the testing done :)

I could be totally wrong but i have it in my head the launch of christmas FM going 'live' is always on a Friday... would make the 29th the obvious day if so.

I could be totally wrong but i have it in my head the launch of christmas FM going 'live' is always on a Friday... would make the 29th the obvious day if so.

Afraid not, last year they went live on the Wednesday the 28th, I think they use 1-2 days for testing and ten go live regardless of days to get the most out of the 30 day licence.

Afraid not, last year they went live on the Wednesday the 28th, I think they use 1-2 days for testing and ten go live regardless of days to get the most out of the 30 day licence.

Ah fair enough, not surprised about the day really & kinda suspected as such, must be thinking of the toy show or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

I believe Barrets Town are this years Charity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Can wait for it start to be honest. Is on in the car and house pretty much non stop once it starts. I remember last year have is blasting when we were putting the decorations up.

All this talk about is really getting me in the Christmas spirit. :)

Any news on the official launch day for 2019 yet?
    Gut feeling is still Friday 29th Nov, but havent seen any formal (or informal) announcement yet.

No word yet, I imagine that will be announced in Oct/Nov time, reckon it'll be the 28th or 29th.

Ok, So I've been just dying to share this news, but couldn't till now!!

We're announcing today, That the people behind Christmas FM are going to get creepy.

Supported by Fanta, Boots and (ofcourse!) TheCostumeShop.ie

Halloween FM goes live on the 23rd of October for 8 days. It'll be a digital station only as we couldnt get an FM license.

72718046_10156927393691387_7892013757998563328_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQlAsLVkV0S0Uj8DKyL76QnI_vHnIR4GRZ5N8D3rvTd3nFz7-_8ErACiOwhr6ynCjtRzWrP7xB3oJ6OcEZIXdkzX&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=5a00dfb7e8de510d0ef470b6153676a8&oe=5E37F725

Here's a little sneak preview:

https://tunein.com/radio/Halloween-FM-s301807/

Let me know what you think!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

The wife is beside herself with excitement.

Although there’s no Christmas songs I’m still very excited by this and will be tuning in. Can listeners send in Their own ghost stories from their area?

I've been listening to Halloween FM for the last 20 minutes or so while I work, loving it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Scarinae wrote: »
    I've been listening to Halloween FM for the last 20 minutes or so while I work, loving it so far!

I thought it wasn't going live till the 23rd Oct?

The app is playing Christmas songs for me at the minute (just missed 'It will be lonely this Christmas by Mud :()

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You'll be glad to know that Halloween FM has already given me the fright of my life. Didn't realise my laptop volume was so high and I jumped out of my skin.

TRS30 wrote: »

The app is playing Christmas songs for me at the minute (just missed 'It will be lonely this Christmas by Mud :()
    I'm able to listen to it on the link Ronan posted, I've just realised he said it's a preview:
    Here's a little sneak preview:

Let me know what you think!! :)

Is Halloween FM raising money for a charity, or is it just a test run this year?

You'll be glad to know that Halloween FM has already given me the fright of my life. Didn't realise my laptop volume was so high and I jumped out of my skin.

WINNING!

TRS30 wrote: »

So to be clear, the Christmas FM app stays the Christmas FM App. We don't want to disappoint those who listen to Christmas music all year round. Yes they do exist and yes im always amazed by the figures.

Halloween FM, is a separate station with a different feed:

And can also be found on HalloweenFm.ie

Although there’s no Christmas songs I’m still very excited by this and will be tuning in. Can listeners send in Their own ghost stories from their area?

Yes i'm sure some presenters will be asking for stories and doing many features, only last sat we were interviewing the presenters on their favourite stories.

Sadly I didn't make the cut this year as a presenter. Couldn't get the time off work as its 24/7 with us this month. Not gonna lie, devastated to not to be on air when we're live.

@Scarinae

There's no charity element to Halloween FM this year. It's a very short 8 day run with live presenters and there's a huge amount of load behind the scene involved in the charity element. Also while I love that aspect being part of Christmas FM and am so proud of playing a small part in facilitating our listeners and fans donating a massive €1.3Million to charities over the years. We didn't want to make out that we always have our hands out asking listeners for money, so for this year at least Halloween FM is being run without that element. This also means Halloween FM can pay the staff for their contributions.

• Advertisement

So to be clear, the Christmas FM app stays the Christmas FM App. We don't want to disappoint those who listen to Christmas music all year round. Yes they do exist and yes im always amazed by the figures.

You’re welcome :pac:

Advertisement