Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

@Ferg96:
    Welcome to Boards! :)
    A new person stands their best chance with a solid, simple, fundamentals based character like Ryu or Guile imo.
    Noted :thumbsu:
    One of the main reasons, silly as it sounds, that I play SF compared to other games is because you can be good at it without a massive amount of combo training and because you don't end up in a 1 player game when you get hit. That's something I HATE as a new player in an FG. In SF4 you're always back in control within 5 seconds or so. In something like Marvel it can be 20+. Tekken isn't as bad but it still feels, when I play competitively, that because I don't know a particular string for some random character I have to sit there and get comboed after a high low mix up for a good while. It feels (and I accept that I might be completely wrong here as I'm not good at the game, but you're asking why I don't play) like it doesn't matter how good your FG fundamentals are at all at my level, because you're always going to get caught by these mix ups. To me, with my limited time, that means I will usually pick SF off the shelf first, but doesn't mean I don't accept that I could really enjoy Tekken if I put actual effort into it.
    This aint silly man, not in my opinion atleast. It's extremely frustrating when a player cannot influence the game he's playing.

You hit the nail on the head here.
    The biggest problem with tekken is that the skill/info/tactics of defending are not made easily obtainable.
    They don't need to make the game easier or even remove attacks.

There should be a "beat the string mode";
    In this mode you'd be introduced to the various methods around strings and exposing there holes: duck launch/ss/low crush/high crush/duck jab/char. spec. attacks,
    Then you select a character and the game lets you defend against a string a couple of times, AND OFFERS suggestions if you aint doing so well.
    Then moves on to the next string. Obviously you should be able to setup certain specific strings and set it on random.
    This mode should be incentivised! Character unlockables/panels/customizations/whatever
    AND, it would be great if you could select it as a mini game whilst waiting for you next online match.

At the moment, you can set this up yourself, but having to go into practice mode and manually set up defending every time and with out any hints/tips is tedious, to say the bloody least!
    It's a huge deterrent.

@Novi:
    What specifically are you having trouble with when fighting against Hwo?
    He certainly doesn't need a nerf man! He's ok in the game, but nowhere near OP.

@Gussy:
    You don't always need to "phuck up" to get lauched twice in a game where knowledge, and more specifically in this instance, LACK OF it, are key.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

@Novi:
    What specifically are you having trouble with when fighting against Hwo?
    He certainly doesn't need a nerf man! He's ok in the game, but nowhere near OP.
    He's certainly better than ok. He probably has the best range in the game and very easy to spam with. It becomes quesswork to just prevent strings from hitting you online. Great launches too. Offline? I don't know anyone to play regularly offline so I can't really say.

I think a lot is down to that I play Yosh. He just always seems to do **** against him. I do much better with AK as I can interupt him easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I've always thought Yoshi would be strong vs Hwo because of flash (i6) interrupting his FLA pressure.

I wouldn't say he has amazing range, he has to be in your face for his stuff to work, outside of iWR3 which can be stepped anyway.

Jack and T.Ogre would have way better range than him, quite a few chars would actually : P

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Poor Yoshi doesn't even have a crouch jab :/ I'd feel execrable for him in that matchup...

But flash sounds interesting, although I'd be timorous to suggest even that could stop Hwo in the middle of his + 1000 frame fla mixups.

Bare with me, this Spanish keyboard is confusing. xD

Flash doesnt work at all against Hwo. You would think it though. I would go out on a limb and say he´s the least flashed character I´ve faced. He never gets close enough or lead into something where it could work. AK works so much better as an example because of d1, d1to4, or d4 as examples. Yosh doesn´t really have any of that apart from d4 but it´s still a bit too slow and it´s a little risky with how fast he is up close.

It´s the same with Jack & Jinpachi, really. Can use it against Ogre, sometimes Panda (out of the guys with good range). Ugh, I just find him annoying. It´s probably the match-up more than anything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Haha. On a different note I remember the first time I went to XGC years ago I overheard a guy saying that Tekken is easy to play and SF takes years to be good at. He then proceeded to play SF and actually wasn't a Tekken player at all. I dunno. xD

FWIW this could have easily been someone trying to annoy Fergus, and taking the piss. :P

He's certainly better than ok. He probably has the best range in the game and very easy to spam with. It becomes quesswork to just prevent strings from hitting you online.
    No. Hwo is rated A/A- at most. And definitely range is one of he weakest attributes.
    He has some nice range moves like RFF f,f+3, LFS b+3, RFS b+4 and WR 3 as gussy said and he did receive a buff with in his LFF 4 but I certainly wouldn't say he has great, even good range.
    Offline? I don't know anyone to play regularly offline so I can't really say.
    Well, you know me now :)
    I'd gladly sit with you and give you some games and talk about ways around Hwo. If your interested let us know the next time your able to head into XGC and hopefully we can arrange something.
    If you can't wait and want some reading I wrote loads of anti-hwo stuff on TZ:
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4700553#post4700553
    (there's even more further back in those threads)
    CaCarm talks a lot of useful stuff in there too.

If you've any questions in particular you can hit me up there/here or PM me.

Harada's T7 panel on Spookys channel in a hours time!

I can't stream on my internet in Wexford.... keep me updated! Here or FB plz!

Nvm it got cancelled ;_:

Spooky is recording it and uploading later

• Advertisement

Spooky is streaming the panel now

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

"We'd like to make the new game accessible and enjoyable to these players as well, and at the moment we're thinking about implementing some kind of new system that will make them think "hey, I can actually do this". We'd like very much to get these sorts of fans to participate in the games more actively."

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jul/26/harada-were-trying-make-tekken-7-easy-approach-lot-fans-skipped-over-ttt2-because-it-was-too-difficult-learn-2-characters/

Maybe a "beat the string mode" after all eh? By the sounds of it the excuse of "Tekken is too hard" is no longer going to be valid for prospective T7 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I personally wouldn't say Tekken is "harder" than any other FG out there, it's just that the learning curve is higher and takes exponentially more dedication and effort to reach a mid-high level in the game, IMO

Just don't add another Bob pls

@BSG:
    It's a really good interview. You can really see that Harada tries so hard to understand and address as many concerns as possible.
    He spoke a bit about making the casual player more aware of the depth of the game whilst still allowing them to enjoy the game regardless of that depth.
    If he walk's the walk, this could be the best tekken yet.

Worried a little about the wake-up system though. Wonder how/what they'll change.

Realy pleased they're making it largely story focused. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10603753_10152573157112978_5517988261964234984_n.jpg?oh=87e92ec4259e02d9b91ef46affb20157&oe=5468E26E

A potential new character. Harada and co. were asking for feedback from the Middle Eastern Tekken community on the design.

If you ask me, he looks like Miguel with a turban.

Yeah there's a surprisingly good scene over there, particularly in Pakistan where the standard is.... scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Prince of Persia in Tekken, sick

• Advertisement

Kinda reminds me of Etizo AC

I've heard of the Pakistan scene. Apparently Asim isn't even one of the best there. Apparently he got DQ'd at SVB on sat though for not showing up in a loser's bracket match.

Really? God is there any links to SVB videos and results?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrRrqb2kolTFYuo7NPfdfEoJtO9mjNUN5

Boom. These matches are the top 12 (after Asim got DQ'd). Should be more uploads on the way.

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

can anyone confirm that kazumi and hehachis names appear on his tekken 2 stage or if that image was a photoshop ?

It's confirmed, her name has been around since T2 and no one caught onto it til recently, pretty nuts lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Any release dates being put out there for Tekken 7?

Also will it be new consoles only or will 360 / ps3 see a release?

I skipped over TT2 but could be tempted to give this a go if I can get it for my 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

It's just been announced and there's no ingame material available whatsoever, a release date is a long way off.

• Advertisement

Did they not announce something like May recently? Could be imagining things.

Advertisement