Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Oil prices have fallen globally and as a result petrol prices are too except good 'ol Enniscorthy.They have dropped them again in New Ross but as usual greed is good up our neck of the woods.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

Diesel is only 139.9 in both bunclody and tallow, the drive to bunclody to fill a tank is worth the cents per liter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

zerks wrote: »
    Oil prices have fallen globally and as a result petrol prices are too except good 'ol Enniscorthy.They have dropped them again in New Ross but as usual greed is good up our neck of the woods.:mad:

Petrol 148.9 since about a week ago - a drop of 1c.............nice !

Petrol 148.9 since about a week ago - a drop of 1c.............nice !

Dropped again today,hope it keeps falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

Diesel around 70 c ( 30 Thai baht ) a liter here in Thailand ;-)
    You lads should get out more !

• Advertisement

anto2 wrote: »
    Diesel around 70 c ( 30 Thai baht ) a liter here in Thailand ;-)
    You lads should get out more !

They took it from me in customs,no liquids on the plane:D

Thread in Bargain Alerts on cheapest fuel in Dublin,petrol in Clondalkin Village is 142.3c per litre-and people say Dublin prices are a rip off!!

Fuel prices have dropped by 5c a litre in many garages around the county but certain places in Enniscorthy are dragging their heels as usual,at least The Old Dublin road has knocked off a few cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Was on way to Rosslare today and see that Roches are STILL at 152.9 cent, are they for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

50 quid u havin a laugh mate hehe good 1

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

Was talking to the petrol man in Taghmon, he says that a litre might drop by 20c yet.

• Advertisement

patff wrote: »
    Was talking to the petrol man in Taghmon, he says that a litre might drop by 20c yet.

The way the markets are going it looks likely,I've noticed a lot of people are just putting the bare amount of fuel needed into their cars.This is reflected in a large drop in revenue taken by the government,maybe this is behind their plans to add more tolls to roads in an effort to make up the shortfall.

scaller wrote: »
    148.8 in ferns today

Gone down to 146.8 now,Enniscorthy still has highest prices as usual.(Hello Donohoes,Kavanaghs,Mace who still charge over the €1.50 mark.

Can anyone explain how Mace in Bellfield can bump the price of petrol up to €154.9 per litre when the price of oil has dropped on international markets??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVfI1uxTs2jIgJWHFStPEZpNmFDRaaBVhsgxdusZx2coGXr4D2

Our car was so low that we had to stop in Bellfield on the way back from Dublin last Tues , and I think it was 152.9

It must have gone up another 2 cent in the last few days ...........Its around 148.9 in Ross at the moment ( afaik )

Just looking at Fox News this evening and they were on about the price of petrol , as it is taking money from hard-pressed consumers ....Funny though that the stats show that petrol in the USA is the equivalent of € 2.65 p/gallon as against € 6.80 a gallon here .

Allthedoyles is lucky they didn't have to stop at Kavanaghs on the Island Road-it's 157.9c a litre there today:eek::eek:

According to pumps.ie , it was 151.9 on Island Road yesterday

http://www.pumps.ie/findStationsByArea.php?county=Wexford&zone=Enniscorthy

According to pumps.ie , it was 151.9 on Island Road yesterday

http://www.pumps.ie/findStationsByArea.php?county=Wexford&zone=Enniscorthy

Pumps.ie isn't always up to date.Petrol is 149.9c in Clonroche.

Maybe people should start posting the locations of the cheapest and dearest filling stations in the county,they do it in some of the other forums such as the Waterford and Dublin ones.

How the hell did the price of petrol jump by 4c a litre since yesterday in the town? It's 8c a litre cheaper in Waterford.:eek:

It looks like the €2 p/litre target will be reached soon at this rate anyway .

I have been doing my own research recently on petrol prices , and been buying in different places lately .

I am beginning to believe that it is more economical to buy in smaller retail outlets , rather than some large supermarket centres .

Could be proven wrong yet , But I do believe that I have found a Service Station , where I am getting more MPG than others .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zerks wrote: »
    How the hell did the price of petrol jump by 4c a litre since yesterday in the town? It's 8c a litre cheaper in Waterford.:eek:

Is it really? The price in Wexford last weekend was 161.8, up 8 cent PER LITRE in a month

WTF like?

• Advertisement

Average monthly retail petrol prices are as follows :
    • December 2011 - 147.9 p/ltr
    • January 2012 - 154.9 p/ltr
    • February 2012 - 157.0 p/ ltr
    • March 2012 - 162.1 p/ltr

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Trevor Kent

Could be proven wrong yet , But I do believe that I have found a Service Station , where I am getting more MPG than others .

Ill Second that. Any time I but from a "well known supermarket chain petrol station" I dont seem to get the same MPG as I do when I buy from a local (but well knows franchise) station.
    There maybe a few reasons for this. Petrol pump maintinance is one, calibration of the pump itself, as in the volume of fuel it actually pumps against whats displayed at the pump and additives used in the fuel.

Id say in order of importance for the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Ill Second that. Any time I but from a "well known supermarket chain petrol station" I dont seem to get the same MPG as I do when I buy from a local (but well knows franchise) station.
    There maybe a few reasons for this. Petrol pump maintinance is one, calibration of the pump itself, as in the volume of fuel it actually pumps against whats displayed at the pump and additives used in the fuel.

Id say in order of importance for the above.

Second this, i bought from a "well known supermarket chain petrol station" for over a yr as it was slightly cheaper. I allways set the odometer to zero when i fill. Happened by chance to get it in Texaco one day and noticedd i got a good 50miles further, havnt been back to the "well known supermarket chain petrol station" since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is it really? The price in Wexford last weekend was 161.8, up 8 cent PER LITRE in a month

WTF like?

165.9 last night in Wexford, petrol station on road to Castlebridge

klong wrote: »
    165.9 last night in Wexford, petrol station on road to Castlebridge

161.9 in Gowran & one of the more expensive garages in Kilkenny City yesterday,it seems to be a geographic thing with pricing,all garages in an area are usually within a cent or so of each other with the price.You never find a filling station in a town that's considerably cheaper than it's rivals.

Island road is cheapest in Enniscorthy at the moment @ 163.9c/l for petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

165.9 at Mace Maxol in Enniscorthy. :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

160.9 for petrol on Cork Road in Waterford...saw 166.9 in Wexford town earlier (at least I think it was Wexford town!)

165.9 at New Ross Topaz this evening - thats €7.50 per gallon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

164.8 in Wexford 24hr Applegreen Drinagh (near McDonalds)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Xander_82

165.9 at both garages in Camolin last night

Advertisement