Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Zab wrote: »
    Actually, having just looked, the Desire X for €30 on that package seems pretty reasonable.

I guess but I don't want to pay €25.41(to get 1gb and meteor to meteor) for 12 months on an 18 month contract only have to pay €30.50 for the other 8 months.

It would cost €131.69 more the €20.33 price on a Sim Only Plan so it would be better to buy a phone worth €131.69 really or throw a bit more at it. I think it's probably a good idea to price around for a Sim Free phone instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I guess but I don't want to pay €25.41(to get 1gb and meteor to meteor) for 12 months on an 18 month contract only have to pay €30.50 for the other 8 months.

It would cost €131.69 more the €20.33 price on a Sim Only Plan so it would be better to buy a phone worth €131.69 really or throw a bit more at it. I think it's probably a good idea to price around for a Sim Free phone instead.

Just on that, buying a new Sim-Free one from amazon.de (cheapest after a quick search) would be 270. Add 18 months of 20.33 and you come to 635.94.

Buying it through Meteor, the phone is free and 12 months of 25.41 and 6, not 8, months of 30.50 comes to 481.92.

Total savings of 148.02. Paying a slightly higher bill in the long run will always save you a bit of cash unless you can find the phone for dirt cheap. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

nava wrote: »
    I'm on the same plan, not sure exact wording but got a text before the summer that free meteor to meteor was extended as long as I was on that plan, did anyone else get that txt?
    Yeah, I got that too, on the 26th of July, having been on the plan since late March.

The text read "BEST NEWS EVER! Your price plan now includes FREE Meteor to Meteor Talk and Text for life! And you don't even need to do anything, it's now included automatically. To opt out freetext UNSUB to 50010."

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Looks like the tarriff is to increase to 30.50 after the year is up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81664536&postcount=7
    spockety wrote: »
    It would be business suicide to bump everyone up to €30 for this plan.

The plan must have netted them thousands of new customers who would otherwise have never considered Meteor. Since this plan was put in, there are loads of other offers from other providers that while still don't come close to €15 a month, would definitely beat the €30 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

plu wrote: »
    Looks like the tarriff is to increase to 30.50 after the year is up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81664536&postcount=7

But the same deal is currently on their website for €20.33. Surely they should revert to that plan? Perhaps we should switch now before the €20.33 deal ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    But the same deal is currently on their website for €20.33. Surely they should revert to that plan? Perhaps we should switch now before the €20.33 deal ends.

This deal is for 15.25 per month. Meteor calls and texts were always included. It's 5 per month cheaper than the current offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

plu wrote: »
    This deal is for 15.25 per month. Meteor calls and texts were always included. It's 5 per month cheaper than the current offer

Yeah that is my point.... that surely the deal I am on since January (the €15.25 one) should be replaced by the €20.33 instead of automatically going to €30.50.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Yeah that is my point.... that surely the deal I am on since January (the €15.25 one) should be replaced by the €20.33 instead of automatically going to €30.50.

I get what you're saying and I agree with you. You'd think so but their reckoning and their computers reckoning is that the €15.25 IS the €30.50 one but with a 50% promotional discount so the system won't give a rats therefore unless you tell them you want to change they(operators) won't give a rats either. I'm gonna ask them later, on the chat thing, what the story is and by what date should I need to change. Mine is due to expire on the 16th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

So....since this is up....what are the best deals that could compare with this?

Any network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Shssshh already. Can the mods move this back to obscurity for all our sakes? Pretty please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Shssshh already. Can the mods move this back to obscurity for all our sakes? Pretty please?

Disagree. We need someone who joined this plan early to confirm if/when they get billed the full €30 amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Well I'm ringing them today as my year is up next month, if the tarrif goes up to €30.50 it's 30 days notice for meteor good bye

Mezcita wrote: »
    Disagree. We need someone who joined this plan early to confirm if/when they get billed the full €30 amount.

I'm not waiting for that to happen. I'm going to change the contract before that happens.

Here is the transcript(some of it) of the chat with some things omittied for the normal reasons.
    Meteor wrote:
    Mags: Your next bill was issued on the 5th November and it is for €15.25.
    ME: Okay, I mean what will my bill amount to in January after the 12 months expire?
    Mags: XX, you are on 30 days contract, not 12 months contract. Your contract renews itself each month and you can change it at any stage to a different one.
    ME: So in January I will continue to receive 200 minutes, 200 texts and 1gb of data? I'm asking this question so that IF in January I get bumped onto a €30.50 bill then I can show somebody the transcript of this interaction between us.
    Mags: All right, you are asking me about the discount you have- I understand it now. That discount will be gone on the 16th December.
    Mags: The discount had been added on the 16th December 2011.
    ME: So, again, what will my bill be on in January?
    Mags: Your bill in January will be 30 euro per month.
    ME: So I need to cancel my contract today and rejoin for 15.25 per month basically.
    Mags: To cancel the contract you would need to call our customer care on 1905 and speak to cancellations department, as they need to speak to you as the account holder.
    Mags: Cancellations are open 9.00-17.30 Monday to Friday.
    ME: Okay then. On Meteor.ie it says Bill Pay Sim from €15.25 per month but when I click on it the cheapest one is 20.33 per month. How so?
    Mags: I have checked it for you and it looks like, that your plan, which you have now, is not available anymore.
    ME: It's on the Meteor homepage though saying it is available.
    Mags: It might be available in our stores still, but not online. That might be the case.
    ME: No, it says "Get your Free Sim Now" and also on another page says "plans from 15.25 View Sim Only Plans(click)". It's online obviously. Check your own website. Go to Meteor.ie and click on Plans and on Bill Pay.
    Mags: Yes, I did check it- when you click on that, it does not show the plan. I will report that error on the website to our online team. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Elessar wrote: »
    So....since this is up....what are the best deals that could compare with this?

Any network

I'm interested to find out the same too as am going to go sim only in the next week. The €15 offer is well gone so what would be the next best thing on the other networks? Any codes knocking about ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

RATM wrote: »
    I'm interested to find out the same too as am going to go sim only in the next week. The €15 offer is well gone so what would be the next best thing on the other networks? Any codes knocking about ?

It will depend on each user, how many calls, text and data you need.

Meteor other 30 days plan are ok.

Three.ie €20 top-up as ready to go is good, all you can eat data. unlimited txt to all networks, included call to three users, no calls included during the week but free at weekend.

48.ie €20 all calls, text and a few gigs of data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I'm not waiting for that to happen. I'm going to change the contract before that happens.

Here is the transcript(some of it) of the chat with some things omittied for the normal reasons.

I was onto them today and was told there is no expirey on the 15.25 per month.
    I have the chat log if they cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

My wife had the €20 offer until this month, when the price reverted to €30 a month. She called today to cancel and was offered the €15 deal. It's still there, at least for existing customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

remember when this offer came into effect they refused to give me the 15 offer as it was for "new customers only" was happy enough to get the 20 deal if my bill goes back up to 30 ill give them a months notice and move to 3. dont use any of what i get so no need to stick with them

I was onto them today and was told there is no expirey on the 15.25 per month.
    I have the chat log if they cause problems.

I have been in PM's with the "Talk to Meteor" section of boards.ie and I can confirm they have facilitated something for me and my partner on the 15.25 a month tariff. I cannot divulge the PM, such is a PM, but they will "work with you" on the tariff you are on.

I'd start there. I messaged "Colm".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I've just left 'em for 48. It's a no-brainer unless you need data roaming, which I don't.

For those who want to stay with Meteor, first give them your 30 days' notice in writing, wait a couple of days and then ring up and ask to be put through to the cancellations department. Ask them to confirm that they've received your written notice, then ask them if they're prepared to extend your deal — this will mean a new 12-month contract, though.

The T&C are the only thing that is legally enforceable; don't pay any attention whatever to what their "customer care" apes tell you, verbally or in online chat.
    On expiry of the Term [i.e. your billpay contract], either party may terminate this Agreement on the giving of 30 days written notice and, in the absence of such notice this Agreement shall be deemed to continue on from month to month based on the Terms and Conditions herein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

We're currently on a 1 month contract, not a 12 month one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Zab wrote: »
    We're currently on a 1 month contract, not a 12 month one

On the 15 euro deal atm. Debating a switch to emobiles offer for 22 euro 300 mins 300 texts and 2gb data. Only really use data.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭spud65

emailed them 2 weeks ago to cancel my bill lite €15 as the year was up, they had previously told me it was no longer available. rang them today just to check an make sure it was going to be cancelled, told them i was movin to lycamobile an guess what? it's still available so signed up and they even going to refund the diff for the month i was charged full price for:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

My €5 credit expired this month, rang them up and she said that she'd have my €5 refunded next month and the credit reapplied to my bill. No problems what so ever. Thank you Jenn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Thanks for the headsup. It made me check my account and it had lapsed for one of my accounts. I rang 1905 and brought this up with the CCR and without any sort of argument she reapplied it and gave me €15 credit because the direct debit had already taken the extra amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

groom wrote: »
    Thanks for the headsup. It made me check my account and it had lapsed for one of my accounts. I rang 1905 and brought this up with the CCR and without any sort of argument she reapplied it and gave me €15 credit because the direct debit had already taken the extra amount.

Did you get the €15 discount re-applied? I rang them today and they would only give me €10 off, even went as far as the retention department (who are fairly on the ball with other companies plans etc also had average usage stats etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

they put me back on 20 pm ...is the 15€ offer on? with 1 gb internet.

I see it now has none include!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

My bill came by text as 20.33. I don't have the actual bill as its at home. I have a €10 and €5 discount. I presumed I lost the €5 discount after 12 months and rang them up. She said she'd reimburse me the €5 I'd lost and reapply the €5 discount. She was the first person I got on to. I presume I now have the 200 texts minutes and 1gb data

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Did you get the €15 discount re-applied? I rang them today and they would only give me €10 off, even went as far as the retention department (who are fairly on the ball with other companies plans etc also had average usage stats etc)

That's what girl said. Hopefully its all work out that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea my bill came to €25 for the first time last month (Normally €15). SO I rang up and with out any problems they reverted me back to the €15 and refunded me the difference for my last bill. Happy days.

Advertisement