Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth Fitness Band €13.90 Delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

Is the vibrating alarm any good? Thinking of buying this to stop me waking herself up with the alarm on my iphone goes off

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

brian2614 wrote: »
    Is the vibrating alarm any good? Thinking of buying this to stop me waking herself up with the alarm on my iphone goes off

It's decent enough, sufficient for waking me in the morning anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

brian2614 wrote: »

I have it set to go off 2 minutes before the alarm on my phone and it certainly wakes me up.

Vibrating on incoming calls is a brilliant feature too, especially if you are out and about, have your phone in your pocket and cant hear it or feel it vibrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Had mine for about a month loved it.... Was out on piss over weekend must have fell off my arm at some point as no sign of it in morning. Sickened! Will order another at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Anyone seen anywhere to order replacement bands. The one I have is pretty shabby now and afraid the device will fall out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Anyone seen anywhere to order replacement bands. The one I have is pretty shabby now and afraid the device will fall out
    Deal Extreme have them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

cgc5483 wrote: »

Banggood, DX and ibuygou all stock them. Make sure it has 'original' in item description.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This dollar euro convergance is reducing the pleasure of buying from these Chinese sites!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Had mine a week now. So far so good. Best thing is easily the vibrating feature when my phone rings, cause I never hear my phone! I don't have vibrate turned on for other notifications as I can live without that.

there is an option... pretty cool maybe, that means you don't have to go through the unlock process on your phone... but i turned it off, as it works via bluetooth and the range would still allow people to use at my phone if they were near me and my band!

the flaws i have noticed are no bug deal by any means, but steps taken are well off. they generally say a lot more than is real, but maybe i have a long stride! try carry a cup of tea... no steps taken, hand still, keeping the tea from spilling.... seems to discount the walk back to my desk from the canteen!

sleep patterns are weird. mostly they do look accurate enough, but i have slept when it tells me i was awake and i have been awake...all be it lying in bed wishing i could fall back to sleep, but it has told me i was in deep sleep. i seem to just in and out of deep sleep a lot. this would be unusual as generally, i go asleep and it is pretty hard to wake me!!

havent played around to much with the results on app yet, but they dont really seem to be much more than sleep and steps. i have the basic app, not gone for the modded version

Rumours of Xiaomi announcing shortly a 2nd gen band and possibly a xiaomi smartwatch.

• Advertisement

Got into the swimming pool today wearing this. Forgot I had it on and did take it off after about 5 minutes when I realised.
    Thought it would be knackered but she is still working away, so happy days

is there a website you can look at your data?
    the app only lets you look at the last day but would be nice to review the last week or 2

You can look back a good few days mate....click the icon circle in the top left corner.

Nothing new and interesting launched by Xiaomi recently, unless you include a weighing scales with app integration.

I picked this great xiaomi bluetooth speaker for around 25 euro delivered (Banggood,DX or ibuygou). Great quality, sound and design.
    http://www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-round-bluetooth-speaker.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

I lost my second band in as many months today :mad: as much as i liked them, i think thats it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

I like it but unfortunately the Windows Phone app only gives you steps so far -no sleep data and I don't appear to be getting any call/text notifications...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Irishvillian

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    I lost my second band in as many months today :mad: as much as i liked them, i think thats it for me

It could be your username 😉😀

well i've figured out that unless i'm on a golf course..... i'm a proper lazy baxtard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Just wondering, for the vibration does it work with iphone? the only time it vibrates to me is on my more active days which I think it when I hit my target. apart from that it does nothing.....

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Just wondering, for the vibration does it work with iphone? the only time it vibrates to me is on my more active days which I think it when I hit my target. apart from that it does nothing.....

same here, also vibrates when i get a phone call
    other than that, i think you need to get the un-official app to get other notifications

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I am currently at 48 days since last charge and still have 7%. If only smartphones could last as long!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Brancott

My partner lost their one a week ago & is pacing up & down waiting for the new one to arrive. She should really count all these steps cause they're going to waste.

Does anyone know where you can buy replacement bands for the MiBand? My black one snapped at the loop bit and all I have is a rather effeminate sky blue band! Need another black to feel manly again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Does anyone know where you can buy replacement bands for the MiBand? My black one snapped at the loop bit and all I have is a rather effeminate sky blue band! Need another black to feel manly again.

Dealextreme has them for about 3e!

Cheers! Hopefully they're not fakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Sono

These any use folks? Half tempted but is it a case of get what you pay for at this price or is this a genuine bargain?

Sono wrote: »
    These any use folks? Half tempted but is it a case of get what you pay for at this price or is this a genuine bargain?

did you read any of the comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Sono

Seve OB wrote: »
    did you read any of the comments?

I have done now, won't be buying as a result, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

On iphone got a new update for app and then for band this morning.....

Not sure if this was available before today, but now I can sync with the Apple Health app......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Sono wrote: »

genuine bargain and a great product. If you have an Android Phone its even better. Read the thread to get an idea.

Advertisement