Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Eagle (Clothing)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Damnit, the XL polo I bought doesn't fit :( Don't suppose anyone wants to take it off my hands?!

145 including delivery, no customs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DJ WIPEOUT

$177.08 inluding $40 s&h - customs was €52.50 - stinger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It would appear that customs, VAT and duty is more about the geographical location of the sorting office as it is about any declared amount...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jean wrote: »
    Damnit, the XL polo I bought doesn't fit :( Don't suppose anyone wants to take it off my hands?!

145 including delivery, no customs :D

Too small or too big? If its big I have a tshirt I could swap for.

Naw, it's too small! Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Is there anyway to pick up the parcel. I mean that I won't be around to receive it next week at the house but I'll be in Dublin on Saturday, I think the parcel left the US today so I presume it will be held in Dublin over the weekend. Any way to pick it up? Does the tracking continue within Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

shortys94 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to pick up the parcel. I mean that I won't be around to receive it next week at the house but I'll be in Dublin on Saturday, I think the parcel left the US today so I presume it will be held in Dublin over the weekend. Any way to pick it up? Does the tracking continue within Ireland?

Tracking does continue in Ireland. Once the item reaches Ireland you can also put the tracking number supplied by American Eagle into the An Post Website and get a more in depth account of where it is.

When they delivered to me I was not at home, so it got sent to the sorting office and I got a slip through the door with which to pick it up. The slip informed me that it would be kept at the sorting office for 5 working days, after which it would be returned to sender. My sorting office is open Monday - Friday 0800 - 1700 but that would depend on the branches I am sure.

Hope that helps.

Yea I wont be around all next week so I better try and get it in Dublin on Saturday. Thanks for the help John.

Only problem is mine will most likely get stopped by customs, $190 hehe, anyway if it does would the customs office be willing to give me the package or will they have to keep it for the few days they usually do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

shortys94 wrote: »
    Yea I wont be around all next week so I better try and get it in Dublin on Saturday. Thanks for the help John.

Only problem is mine will most likely get stopped by customs, $190 hehe, anyway if it does would the customs office be willing to give me the package or will they have to keep it for the few days they usually do.

They might drop it into your neighbours house for you, happend to me a few times with ebay purchases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Found this link regarding customs charges. Dunno if it is up to date though
    I have to collect my package at lunch but they are looking for 67 euros customs on a full order inc postage of approx 160 euro (244 dollars) which I will question. Last time I buy my sister and Gf clothes online :(

http://www.clothing.ie/customs-duties-clothing-imports.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

Have placed two orders, both flagged with driving licence and credit card statement request, contacted them and the customer services agent said it was a problem with UK based banks not releasing information regarding my home address....blah blah blah. I asked was my voice verification not sufficent to prove that the order was not fraudulent, she said unfortunately not, verification had to come from the bank. Contacted MBNA,(who were extremely heplful) they said they'd accepted the charge, and couldn't understand the problem, they advised for security under no circumstance to fax these details over, and to contact AE, explaining suituation and that the bank would release any info to get order processed. 6 emails and 3 phone calls later, informing AE how my bank advised not to fax info etc etc etc .I'm still receiving the same generic bullsh1t reply.

Long story short it would appear AE are placing blame on the CC companies for not relasing info, when actually it AE themselves that are fcuking the whole thing up. If u have an MBNA cc - don't bother

Sorry for the rant , I'm really pissed off :) and thanks to OP for code, great deal if u can get it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hugejeans

sweetie wrote: »
    Found this link regarding customs charges. Dunno if it is up to date though
    I have to collect my package at lunch but they are looking for 67 euros customs on a full order inc postage of approx 160 euro (244 dollars) which I will question. Last time I buy my sister and Gf clothes online :(

http://www.clothing.ie/customs-duties-clothing-imports.html

I worked out what your duty should be from the above link:

total cost (including delivery): $ 244
    duty at 12%: $ 29.28

new total: $ 273.28
    VAT @ 21%: 57.38

VAT + Duty: $86.66

in euro : 55.43 (using http://www.xe.com/ucc/ for conversion)

oh, there might be an admin fee too! fedex charge a tenner! aint that nice of them!

(note: my maths aint great so correct if wrong!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

hugejeans wrote: »

oh, there might be an admin fee too! fedex charge a tenner! aint that nice of them!

I think the fedex charge is 13 or 15 euro so the €67 sounds right.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hugejeans

Beano wrote: »
    I think the fedex charge is 13 or 15 euro so the €67 sounds right.

Its defo 10, i recently got 3 fedex invoices looking for tax and duty :( the difference could be exchange rate (i.e. giving you the worst one possible!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

hugejeans wrote: »

yeah, I was wondering about the disparity between 55 and 67. How the fcuk can fedex charge an admin fee. Are they not paid from the initial postage charge?

Edit: Package gone to Kilbarrack and have to send a cheque to there before they will send it back into city centre. grrh. Gave me a number for customs office in portlaoise to query charge but no answer the five times I rang it. double grrh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Whats the story with sizes both shoe size and clothes size?

Is an american large an Irish large?

Is an american size 10 the same size as an Irish size 11 in shoe sizes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭John mac

kearnsr wrote: »
    Whats the story with sizes both shoe size and clothes size?

Is an american large an Irish large?

Is an american size 10 the same size as an Irish size 11 in shoe sizes?

American 10 is Irish 9 (in shoe sizes)

think from the rest of the thread the clothes size are the same.

there is a size chart on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

John mac wrote: »

I wear a size 10 shoe here. I've ordered to pairs of shoes from American Eagle (one under this offer and one a couple of years ago) both were American Size 11 and fitted me well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

John mac wrote: »

Medium classic fit is fine on me but vintage fit seems a little smaller.

If I like a vintage style - I will order large next time.

K

To anyone who has returned clothes for different sizes - do they charge you again for shipping them back to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes, it's not their fault you ordered the wrong sizes, they will give you some sort of credit if they made the mistake.

i got $30 credit because i had to send back a pair of lads jeans i bought turned up as a pair of size 8 petitie skinny girl jeans :eek:

Actually, I just rang them to check - they don't charge shipping on exchanges, even to international addresses.
    Nice one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

whoops sorry i read your post wrong, no they don't re charge you for shipping again, i thought you meant do you have to pay to get your stuff back to them or do they pay to collect it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Whats the story with the credit card? Just got an email saying my order couldnt be processed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Whats the story with the credit card? Just got an email saying my order couldnt be processed

You enter the billing/delivery address on your order exactly as it is on your
    credit-card statement?

You enter the billing/delivery address on your order exactly as it is on your
    credit-card statement?

No. I'm wanted it delivered to my parents address cause I'm never at home for delivery.

Thats the problem is it?

No. I'm wanted it delivered to my parents address cause I'm never at home for delivery.

Thats the problem is it?

A lot of US retailers will question orders, particularly first orders, if
    the addresses differ. If you phone them the may ship it to your parents
    but may ask you to fax/email a copy of the top of your credit card statement
    and/or some ID (drivers license usually).

Just rang them there. Hopefully something can get sorted out. Some nice gear there.

Do they actually get back to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Would $250 not including P&P be chancing my arm custom wise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

agentgreen wrote: »

Yep, you'll almost certainly be stung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

I know it's hit or miss, but what would be a good guideline to work off?

agentgreen wrote: »

Will also depend on the physical size of the package - in my experience it's
    the bulkier packages that are more likely to get stopped by customs.
    USD 250 worth of small items like t-shirts could fit in a large envelope
    type parcel and slip through whilst USD 250 worth of jeans/hoodies will
    end up packed in a box. I've ordered several times and it's the boxes
    that got stopped whilst the envelopes were fine.

Just avoid ordering too many bulky items at once and keep it at USD100-150.
    When shopping budget for paying the Customs fee, it's the law and if caught
    you have no choice - even with the added Customs it's still a bargain with the
    weak dollar and AE's pricing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

how long does it take for delivery with AE??

robdcu wrote: »
    how long does it take for delivery with AE??

On average one week, pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

FYI Got mine today , 130$ package , no customs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Got mine today too, $148 (including shipping) no customs. I think the lads may be onto something as this time it was a plastic bag whereas last time I was hit for customs it was delivered in a cardboard box. Although last time I did order $215 worth of clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

j14 wrote: »
    Got mine today too, $148 (including shipping) no customs. I think the lads may be onto something as this time it was a plastic bag whereas last time I was hit for customs it was delivered in a cardboard box. Although last time I did order $215 worth of clothes.

i ordered $148 dollars a few days ago, so it will be interesting to see if i get stung! the fact that you didnt is encouraging.

Just rang them there. Hopefully something can get sorted out. Some nice gear there.

Do they actually get back to you?

yeah i got an email within a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

yay i got an email saying it was shipped yesterday, and it was only yesterday that my mother faxed the details they asked for, now i won't have to do that anymore woop woop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I reckon they lose a considerable amount of business through this CC verification malarch! I know I'm not arsed tracking down this and that then going to try and fax them somewhere!

• Advertisement

besty wrote: »
    I reckon they lose a considerable amount of business through this CC verification malarch! I know I'm not arsed tracking down this and that then going to try and fax them somewhere!

You dont need to track down any place to fax them, i just took a picture of my driving license and a credit card statement and emailed it on to them. Got an email within a few hours saying my order would now be processed.

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    You dont need to track down any place to fax them, i just took a picture of my driving license and a credit card statement and emailed it on to them. Got an email within a few hours saying my order would now be processed.

Ah right, that's not too bad then. Might do that. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

bump.....just reminding people this is the last day to avail of this offer!

It says on the site that the shipping details must be the same as billing details........Does this mean I have to get my order shipped to my father or will they allow it be shipped to my name?? (same address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

For sake of ease I just shipped to my dad too as he is the card holder.

My package is in the post office so I'll pick it up tomorrow.

The offer is great, but its still cheap without it at the same time.

I've tried it twice and have had no luck. I might try and call them again but the last time I did that they never got back to me so I'll see.

Never thought it would be this hard to g

I've tried it twice and have had no luck. I might try and call them again but the last time I did that they never got back to me so I'll see.

Never thought it would be this hard to give away money

Yea it took awhile for them to verify it for me also, had to call then send an email with bank statement and drivers licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

didn't take long at all for mine wooo verified on the same day as details were sent like and now i wont have to do that ever again when i buy ae ugggh stupid good friday and easter monday though i'll probably only get my stuff tuesday cosa them cos no post on thise days lol ha!

I just took a photo of my passport and a bank statement and sent them as an attachment in an email to customerservice@ae.com citing my order number and got a response saying;

Dear AE Friend,

Thank you for your recent email.

Thank you for providing us with the correct information. We have been able to verify your billing information and are processing your order. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at (888) 232-4535.

Thank you for your interest in American Eagle Outfitters.

Sincerely,

Your Friends @ AE

So....It's all done and dusted. Now hopefully I just don't get hit with customs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement