Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

but1er wrote: »
    Ive not enjoyed built up to a fight as much as hulk Hogan vs rock at wm18
    Even when they then ran into the Rock inside the ambulance with the truck!? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

DK224 wrote: »
    Even when they then ran into the Rock inside the ambulance with the truck!? :p[/quoote]:

Like chael silva was great but this is on another level

https://youtu.be/RiIMf2FLOws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

More WWE crap on this thread, Is there not a wrestlemania forum or something for this BS?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Scooper

Loving the embedded so far. McGregor is trolling Aldo bad. Laughed at Aldo's coach telling him he's in Conors head too. More like the opposite. Can't wait until the week or so leading up to the big fight in July. That's when the real business begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭patsat

What time will the tickets be available tomorrow lads? Haven't been able to access a computer all day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

patsat wrote: »
    What time will the tickets be available tomorrow lads? Haven't been able to access a computer all day. :(

5pm Irish time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭patsat

Pulse8 wrote: »
    5pm Irish time

Thanks, just looking the tickets available now it looks like its gonna hurt my pocket bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    For anyone interested, this was the current state of tickets as of about 12 midday today.

343182.png
    Mellor wrote: »
    343015.jpg

I got it pretty close :cool:
    patsat wrote: »
    Thanks, just looking the tickets available now it looks like its gonna hurt my pocket bad!
    I doubt tomorrow will be any different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Notorious.jpg

Meant to be working on a college project but just watched the latest embedded so had to fire up photoshop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think Aldo's trainer will lose the plot before Aldo tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mellor wrote: »
    I think Aldo's trainer will lose the plot before Aldo tbh

Yep, Conor is warming them up very well ready for Dublin next week :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lads, I'm not really into all this MMA stuff, but have taken an interest after watching RTEs programme on McGregor.

I was wondering do these guys really hate each other do you think, or is it just to drum up the hype, the interest and the marketing of the fight? The two of them are going to earn big out of this after all.

And if its anything like boxing, it doesn't matter which one loses as a rematch will no doubt be lined up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

NIMAN wrote: »
    Lads, I'm not really into all this MMA stuff, but have taken an interest after watching RTEs programme on McGregor.

I was wondering do these guys really hate each other do you think, or is it just to drum up the hype, the interest and the marketing of the fight? The two of them are going to earn big out of this after all.

And if its anything like boxing, it doesn't matter which one loses as a rematch will no doubt be lined up.

I wouldn't say they hate each other, well, maybe Aldo does hate Conor now.

Conor is doing what Conor does best, getting in his opponents head, as for a rematch, hard to say, the UFC don't automatically do them, if it's a very close fight or has a controversial finish then yeah, otherwise the next ranked fighter will get his shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

When you look at the seats still available for a stacked 187

And then look at the tickets remaining for 189 before they even go on general sale

Its pretty crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Delighted to just have tickets for the event looking at that map!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

but1er wrote: »
    Delighted to just have tickets for the event looking at that map!

**** you Dave haha your nevermind the seats it's all about the atmosphere!

Seery due to be at media event. Would guess that means he will have a fight announced for 189

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Seery due to be at media event. Would guess that means he will have a fight announced for 189

Paul Redmond is gonna be there too. Either they'll be announced for the 189 card or they're gonna host a card here... Or nothing at all will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got two tickets to the Fan Event just now fairly easily.

Wondering if it's worth it now if it is gonna be hard to see anything!

Absolute bull**** I sat here refreshing from 8.55 as soon as they came up I selected two then it gave me this stupid message when I went to proceed! Its a load of bollox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

maximoose wrote: »

Same as, but had to move at 9am on the button, sold out 2 mins later

It'll be worth it for the atmosphere alone I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Came up unavailable for me....oh well!

Hope you all got sorted lads. All gonski now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I tried so hard and was in there right at nine....it left me in the que for over 8 minutes then said it was sold out :( If anyone is feeling charitable I'd love to go!

If anyone ends up not being able to go give me a shout; long time poster here and I feel absolutely sick to my gut about not getting them both times and seeing some already up on the internet for sale -_-

I'd be ever so grateful if you need company ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Well that didnt go well. If anyone can help out with tickets please let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Would make sense to have some other Irish on the 189 card, I won't believe that Aldo is going step into the cage until I see him making his walkout...

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Would make sense to have some other Irish on the 189 card, I won't believe that Aldo is going step into the cage until I see him making his walkout...

Maybe I am a bit naive or something but why do you feel that way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

Couldn't get tickets on eventbrite anybody any tickets going to waste could you help a brother out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Got two this morning.

Facebook going mental with people giving out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

mdwexford wrote: »
    Got two this morning.

Facebook going mental with people giving out.

How the hell did you manage that! Impossible this morning haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

stephenl15 wrote: »
    How the hell did you manage that! Impossible this morning haha

Yeah I'm delighted.

Was just on the ipad looking at link.
    Soon as 9am hit clicked it and they were there.

Grabbed two job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

To be honest, would rather have no other irish at ufc189 chance to see them again hopefully with 2 title fights the main card will have 1 fight less.

Picked a few I would love to see that wouldn't be out of the question unless matched up, hopefully they stack the card like ufc 100, Michael Johnson, Edson Barboza, Al Iaquinta, Dong Hyun Kim, Kelvin Gastelum, Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort, Phil Davis, Ovince Saint Preux, Josh Barnett, Stefan Struve.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Yeah I'm delighted.

Was just on the ipad looking at link.
    Soon as 9am hit clicked it and they were there.

Grabbed two job done.

Haha I did the exact same. I was able to click for 2 tickets and register but then it just came up unavailable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I went to the event page out of interest this morning at 9:01 and the tickets were gone.

With regards fight additions, I'd be a little surprised if Hendricks/Woodley wasn't added and maybe a highly ranked featherweight match up.

Mendes/Lamas and Faber/Edgar are booked up but IF both fights finish early I would absolutely love to see Mendes/Edgar added to the card.

Watch it happen and Edgar's arm will fall off leading up to fight week such is the curse of the UFC injury bug.

• Advertisement

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Maybe I am a bit naive or something but why do you feel that way?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's looking for a way out or anything daft.

But he pulled out of UFC 125 with a neck injury, pulled out of UFC 176 with a shoulder injury and was on the shelf for a while with a foot injury.

It's a worry to be planning a trip this big around someone with that kind of injury record and I think it would be a wise move by the UFC to have a few other Ireland vs Brazil matchups on the card in case Aldo does drop out, so that the big numbers of fans travelling from the 2 countries will still have something to cheer for. Could be a bit of a crappy atmosphere if we're all sat there wondering what might have been!

They should also have another FW contender ready to step in at short notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Checked with the convention centre, the press conference will be held in the forum area, website states a capacity of 3040.

I really hope its not a flat floor like it looks on the website

View from the inside here. Looks pretty flat alright.

So now that the dust has settled on the ticket sales, what Boardsies are going and where are you sitting?

I'll update that seating plan from the other day with our locations, see how spread out we are, lol.

I'm Block 1, Row U, seat 14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Section 204, Row A, Seat 19

Section 109 row dd seat 4 and 5

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Section 5 Row N seat 14

• Advertisement

DrPhilG - Section 1, Row U, seat 14

DK224 - Section 5, Row N, seat 14

StickyMcGinty - Section 204, Row A, Seat 19

Awesomeness - Section 109 Row DD seat 4/5

MikeyGorse - Section 6, Row Q, seat 5-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Section 6, Row Q, seat 5-8

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Section 215 Row G 14 & 15.

On a side note, I noticed that the row in front has a €125 increase on each seat. That does not seem fair.... I suppose it is what it is.

On a side note for all my pasty skinned Irish friends, I was over there last week with the missus and it was very hot (30 degrees some days). July will be approx. 45 degrees according to a cabbie we spoke to.... FACTOR 50 ALL DA WAY I SAY! FACTOR 50 I SAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Section 215 Row G 14 & 15.

On a side note, I noticed that the row in front has a €125 increase on each seat. That does not seem fair.... I suppose it is what it is.

On a sidier note for all my pasty skinned Irish friends, I was over there last week with the missus and it was very hot (30 degrees some days). July will be approx. 45 degrees according to a cabbie we spoke to.... FACTOR 50 ALL DA WAY I SAY! FACTOR 50 I SAY!

So jealous of you guys going

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement