Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

My god that Olan McGowan is such an insufferable know it all..

Worse than Hitler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

My god that Olan McGowan is such an insufferable know it all..

I thought that title went to RRRRRRRRichard Collins from the friday shows.

In order to make a (weak and inconsequential) point, dear Richard wanders off on long waffling journey. Please don't be so ponderous. It detracts from his obvious knowledge and opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

"The only thing that happens in May in this country is my Tits!!!!"
    :confused:
    Laugh.....I nearly started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Singing In The Shower,
    Singing for a prize..
    Now guest singers..

Seems that Mooney is trying to fill up the show with musical items to save himself the work.. A bit like Tubridy with the YouTube clips on the Late Late.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Mooney: "I'm a very good massuer actually"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Mattresses on Mooney.

If it was April 1st, I'd say they were taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Jaysus love, book doesn't rhyme with puke, it has the same oo sound as "wood".
    Eanna and Richard up to their usual good job of not letting the guest get a word in edgeways, so they can show off their vast array of knowledge :mad:

It's been 4 weeks now since the last post on this thread.......
    4 WEEKS!!!!!
    What's happening?
    Have we all tuned out people?
    Hello...?
    Anybody out there.....???:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

That's what a crap show with an even "crapper"��presenter does...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

It's been 4 weeks now since the last post on this thread.......
    4 WEEKS!!!!!
    What's happening?
    Have we all tuned out people?
    Emm ... yes. Derek has lost 12% of his listeners since this time last year. They've either switched over (Moncrieff up 4% and Lyric's Kelly & Nolan shows up 18%) or switched off.

Limerick competition - first line: One day under Cleary's clock

Where he trying to go with this?

Mooney talking to Hot Dog guy in Belfast.

"Hmmm.... I love Frankfurters.
    I've had MANY a Frankfurter in MY time...!!!"

Oeerr, Matron!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and whats wrong with that???

so Derek likes a german sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

ok folks enough please.

Why dont they give that slot to some proper Irish band instead of consistently helping Louis Walsh to line his pockets on RTE's time...

Why dont they give that slot to some proper Irish band instead of consistently helping Louis Walsh to line his pockets on RTE's time...
    Crystal Swing
    Red Hurley
    Mary Byrne
    Jedward

snubbleste wrote: »
    Crystal Swing
    Red Hurley
    Mary Byrne
    Jedward

I believe they are both from Louis' stable... I'm sure that's probably where he kept them as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Without doubt, the worst show on any radio station in Ireland. I haven't listened for a long time as I just couldn't stand it any longer. I still look at this to see what's going on. Still the same, sausage song contest, Louie, Mary Button, Jedward. Utter Bullsh!t.
    How does RTE continue to let this go on? And how does Brek put up with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Listened a bit today for the first time in ages , this show is an embarrassment to have on a schedule by a national broadcaster , are the bosses in Montrose not equally or more embarrassed ?, if they have any professional dignity or integrity they would drop this appalling mess of a show immediiatley, it is a brazen- faced insult to the licence fee payer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,362 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oops69 wrote: »
    Listened a bit today for the first time in ages , this show is an embarrassment to have on a schedule by a national broadcaster , are the bosses in Montrose not equally or more embarrassed , if they have any professional dignity or integrity they would drop this appalling mess of a show immediiatley, it is a brazen- faced nsult to the licence payer.

Aren't there rumours that Derek is leaving the show in the new year ?

had these ppl no house insurance?

Sorry luv but you don`t have to be educated to know that you need house insurance,and if you drive you need car insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Is this still Liveline?...Joe will be kicking himself that he's missing this light-entertainment story :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Sorry luv but you don`t have to be educated to know that you need house insurance,and if you drive you need car insurance.
    Over here, you're obliged to have house/residential insurance. (it covers you if someone gets injured in your home, or if you cause an injury to someone.)

I'd say a new house would be a better offer than beds....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I'm sure he'd rob the gaff given half the chance

Over here, you're obliged to have house/residential insurance. (it covers you if someone gets injured in your home, or if you cause an injury to someone.)
    Over here its the same if you are paying for the house with a morguafe:).Its just common sence to have insurance if you own the house outright. But some people feel entitled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Over here its the same if you are paying for the house with a morguafe:).Its just common sence to have insurance if you own the house outright. But some people feel entitled.
    You have to have it here even if you're renting! I feel happier with it anyway.

• Advertisement

I wonder would the ppl involved in this horrific incidend offer to help the rest of us if the shoe was on the other foot.

You have to have it here even if you're renting! I feel happier with it anyway.
    From the council?

Better stop posting on this thread,Mooney may think he`s popular and decide to stay.:eek::eek:

Better stop posting on this thread,Mooney may think he`s popular and decide to stay.:eek::eek:

Not if he reads it!

I wouldn't believe a word this chancer says...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Did I hear correctly that the lady making the appeal on behalf of that unfortunate family was a contestant in The Apprentice and that she's now working with Irish TV ? Nothing like keeping a high profile I suppose !
    And this young entrepreneur lad currently on - a friend of someone Derek bumped into yesterday ? Nice publicity and exposure for his business ! I know lots of enterprising people would love a publicity boost like that , unfortunately none of us have friends who have friends in RTE !

Edit: and sure while we're at it, might as well interview his girlfriend as well !

Terrible programme really, seems very "ad hoc" and self serving. The Friday " goes wild" programme is enjoyable enough, more because of the subject /content and panellists or interviewees than Mr Mooney's input !

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Aren't there rumours that Derek is leaving the show in the new year ?
    Why is it all the best rumours turn out to be false , Derek is here for the duration, I remeber in uncle GAybos days, there were regular rumours that he was leaving the station , but it was all about contract renewal negotiations .

Oops69 wrote: »
    Why is it all the best rumours turn out to be false , Derek is here for the duration, I remeber in uncle GAybos days, there were regular rumours that he was leaving the station , but it was all about contract renewal negotiations .

Yes, I fear Derek might be with us for the foreseeable future, because lets be honest, where else could he possibly get a job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

This show badly needs a strong producer, way too many of Derek's whims being indulged of late.

Stand by for a visit from Broderick and Hughes to shill their latest innuendo laden rubbish.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    This show badly needs a strong producer, way too many of Derek's whims being indulged of late.

Stand by for a visit from Broderick and Hughes to shill their latest innuendo laden rubbish.
    I don't mind whims being indulged, But when it's the same whims repeatedly e.g eurovision , blue tits , cheap west end musicals etc. it's just boring .

This show badly needs a strong producer, way too many of Derek's whims being indulged of late. Stand by for a visit from Broderick and Hughes to shill their latest innuendo laden rubbish.

It doesnt take a rub of your lamp but they arrive in out of the blue promoting a panto..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

Not sure who's producing it now, but for a while it was being produced by Fergus Sweeney, ex BBC Radio 5. I don't know how it breaks out between them as to what content is going to be on the show.

Anyone listening to this...?
    3 blokes, gibbering on about intros to songs.
    And O'Donohoe shouting in from the background.
    Drivel, Drivel,Drivel.

And O'Donohoe shouting in from the background.
    Drivel, Drivel,Drivel.

On your own Bellstring,Mooney is an insufferable asshole

On your own Bellstring,Mooney is an insufferable asshole
    Sigh....I thought so.
    Think I might need help.

"But that's a guitar riff, that's not an intro"

That Olan McGowan really is difficult to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AnthonyCny

I listen everyday Just to annoy myself That ejit yesterday from mrs browns boy

AnthonyCny wrote: »
    I listen everyday Just to annoy myself That ejit yesterday from mrs browns boy
    That's it!!!
    I do too!!
    It's just to annoy myself.
    Moncreiff is so much better, but he doesn't annoy me, so I mostly only listen to Moncreiff's Movies & Booze on Friday, which is unmissable.
    Glad I'm not the only poster who actually SEEKS OUT annoyance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Mooney Show axed.

Derek Mooney to become executive producer of RTE's nature and wildlife programmes. Mooney Goes Wild will return to weekends.

For the last year or so, it seems to me that Mooney sees the show more and more like a chore.. he's been away for a huge amount of time, and when he gets back he usually starts the show with one of his many rants. I'm sure he was very upset about the recent BAI decision against him, in the same way that he normally gets in a strop when anybody disagrees with him about anything...

He's has all the hallmarks of just simply being in the job too long.... Joe Duffy shows all of these similar traits and hopefully he will "move" soon too, for the sake of the Liveline show..

RayM wrote: »
    Mooney Show axed.

Derek Mooney to become executive producer of RTE's nature and wildlife programmes. Mooney Goes Wild will return to weekends.
    But....(frets)....what will Brenda do...??:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement