Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIGHT LADIES , A BITTA HELP IF YOU WILL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

They must be fairly high heels to make a 5'9" girl tower over guys....noice. ;)

I like shoes!!!

I meant that if i meet a 6 foot guy in my runners, chances are with shoes on i'm pretty much the same height as him which guys don't like. I'm technically closer to 5 "10 but being somewhere in the middle i just say 5"9. They seem to like being taller than their women and get offended if i don't wear runners or flats all the time. I've no problem wearing flats sometimes but a girl pays good money for a shoe wardrobe and wants to wear them! I could always wear whatever i wanted with the 6 ft 7 guy and it was great. Although he also liked me in my runners as he thought i looked 'cute'

maybe guys just have a runners fetish

• Registered Users Posts: 10 squigg

Back at you where are all you tall guys hiding out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

QS THIS wrote: »
    I love the way your getting you 0.5" in there, see that exactly what im talking about, trying to kiss a girl and I nearly have to end up bringing in a building contractor to build her something to stand on,

And where are your sisters friends?

It's very important. Serious it's that half an inch which made me only 11" shorter that my ex, and not 11.5".

As for my sisters friends- UCD Freshers week. Judging by the houses and career though, they may be a bit young for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 QS THIS

No No i'm 22 - GAME ON

It's very important. Serious it's that half an inch which made me only 11" shorter that my ex, and not 11.5".

As for my sisters friends- UCD Freshers week. Judging by the houses and career though, they may be a bit young for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

LolaDub wrote: »
    I like shoes!!!

I meant that if i meet a 6 foot guy in my runners, chances are with shoes on i'm pretty much the same height as him which guys don't like. I'm technically closer to 5 "10 but being somewhere in the middle i just say 5"9. They seem to like being taller than their women and get offended if i don't wear runners or flats all the time. I've no problem wearing flats sometimes but a girl pays good money for a shoe wardrobe and wants to wear them! I could always wear whatever i wanted with the 6 ft 7 guy and it was great. Although he also liked me in my runners as he thought i looked 'cute'

I completely agree!! Mind you, I never compromise on the shoes. i like ma heels and thats that. And if they have a problem with it tough!!

Mind you, when they see the amount of shoes that I have I think they know better than to complain.......:p

I have to say, any really tall guy I went out with, I always thought 'Wow, this is what it most feel like to girls of normal height or smaller'! I'm so used to being the same height or taller than the guy that it made a lovely change!!

On the whole I'm not heightist tho. I do like tall men, but i'm much the same height as an average Irish guy, and a lot are smaller than me. Height wouldn't be a deal breaker I have to say... if I like a man i like him and thats that....tho 5ft 7 would be my absolute limit, any smaller would look ridiculous!!:D

No No i'm 22 - GAME ON

You seemed older from your post.

Houses at 22? Sheesh I hope to be graduated and faffing about.

You seemed older from your post.

Houses at 22? Sheesh I hope to be graduated and faffing about.

Ya, you do actually.

Maybe thats it. Maybe its the people who take the piss out of you are just young and immature?? Maybe you should consider somebody older, and go places that are that bit older, an over-23s late bar or whatever.

You'd probably get a more mature sort there who wouldn't make such a big deal about your height, and you'd probably have a lot more in common with them aswell.

I'm not talking about going off with a granny, but perhaps a woman in her mid to late twenties might be better suited to yourself??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 QS THIS

Trust me, it doesnt matter where i go, i could go to a wake, and the aul ones and planting themselves beside me, now don't get me wrong there full of completments like " ah sure by jasus , ur a fine man " .

Its just bugs me no matter where i go height seems to be the main point and starter of conversation.

i could be wearing a nice jacket, that cost €400 quid or cool shoes or whatever, and there would be no completment , just a " let us try that on and see how funny i look in your massive clothes "

Ya, you do actually.

Maybe thats it. Maybe its the people who take the piss out of you are just young and immature?? Maybe you should consider somebody older, and go places that are that bit older, an over-23s late bar or whatever.

You'd probably get a more mature sort there who wouldn't make such a big deal about your height, and you'd probably have a lot more in common with them aswell.

I'm not talking about going off with a granny, but perhaps a woman in her mid to late twenties might be better suited to yourself??

Ya, you do actually.

I agree with manukahoney. Seriously a gaggle of 18 year girls, 6ft tall or not, will do your head in, with the OMG-ing and 'he's loike, sooo, tall'-ing.

Older could be better.

Trust me, it doesnt matter where i go, i could go to a wake, and the aul ones and planting themselves beside me, now don't get me wrong there full of completments like " ah sure by jasus , ur a fine man " .

Its just bugs me no matter where i go height seems to be the main point and starter of conversation.

i could be wearing a nice jacket, that cost €400 quid or cool shoes or whatever, and there would be no completment , just a " let us try that on and see how funny i look in your massive clothes "

You can't run away from your height. And I imagine it cant be easy to live with but the fact that your height makes you stand out is something you are going to have to accept before you can have a decent relationship.

Quirks, and you could view your height as one, tend to be conversation starters. And your in a bar. Height is a pretty easy, uncontroversial way, for a girl to start a conversation with you, if she's trying to chat you up.

Small girls have their height commented on all the time. Girls with big boobs, girls with no boobs. It's not something you can easily or readily change so learn to love it and use it to your advantage and you'll be a lot happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

LolaDub wrote: »
    I like shoes!!!

That's a bit weird imo, tall girls are hawt, and although I've never been with a girl taller than me I don't think I'd have a problem with it. Once in a shop I was working in a girl that was about 6'3" came to the counter and it was all I could do to hide the boner. :o (sorry ladies)

Definitely don't have a runners fetish either, heels are awesome on girls.

(I've said way to much in this post).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Moonbaby wrote: »
    You know men are never as tall as they think they are.

You mean just like all those girls who swear that they're a 36" inseam?

Once in a shop I was working in a girl that was about 6'3" came to the counter and it was all I could do to hide the boner. :o (sorry ladies)

Hilarious!!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

PillyPen wrote: »
    Dude, you're in for the disappointment of a lifetime, ha!

Oh no... don't tell me I've made a big mistake and I'll still be a big freak :p oh well never mind... just have to use the Scottish accent to my advantage with the ladies of DC instead...!

Gyalist wrote: »
    You mean just like all those girls who swear that they're a 36" inseam?

Well I'm a 34" inseam; I do need at least 36" for heels though, or a 37" if I can get it!!

I do have friends who claim that they have the same length legs as me despite being inches smaller and their legs being visibly shorter than mine:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I've worked in retail long enough to know that most Irish people, of both genders, are clueless of their correct size.

Gyalist wrote: »
    I've worked in retail long enough to know that most Irish people, of both genders, are clueless of their correct size.

To be fair though, a lot the manufacturers sizing is pretty crazy!! So it's not always the persons own fault!!

Anyways, this is horribly offtopic.

OP, embrace your size and feck the begrudgers.

Look witheringly at the ones that make the smart comment and entertain the pretty ladies that comment upon you're height, chances are they're trying to initiate conversation.

It sounds like you have it all going for you, You just need to realise that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Disco Stu wrote: »
    Oh no... don't tell me I've made a big mistake and I'll still be a big freak :p oh well never mind... just have to use the Scottish accent to my advantage with the ladies of DC instead...!

You will, unfortunately, be a big freak! But women here looooooooove tall men, especially tall Scottish men! You'll get more poontang than you know what to do with! You're going to be in DC? My friend lives there, I love visiting him. It will be a good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

6ft7" , do i have to wear a suit to the interview? and yeah, it probably was me.

A suit? Sorry, I don't do 'suits', give me the scruffy uns.

Hah I doubt it was you, I was there midweek!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

My boyfriend is 6ft 5 .. Im 5ft 3 I love his height!! It makes me feel all safe and secure and i love it, a few weeks ago we were walking through town and a couple standing outside a bar started pointing over at us smiling, (i was wearing flats) it did make us kind of paranoid, but we dont care we suit each other, he loves to mollycoddle me and i love feeling safe and secure with my big man! :) You just havent met the right gal OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭hippiechickie

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

QS THIS, a couple of little tips that might make your posts flow a bit better:

1. When quoting someone respond after the quote, not before. It makes it easier for someone reading your post to follow as people naturally read top to bottom.

2. The button immediately to the right of the quote button is multi-quote. You can select multiple posts and respond to them all in one single post when you hit the reply button.

Btw, these aren't orders stating that you must post this way, you can post any way you like. I just thought they may help you seeing as you're relatively new around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 goodcitizen

Hi there QS ;),

It's a tough one and I thought some people had problems:(
    Why don't you stick to fancy dress parties instead and go disguised as a lamp post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

PillyPen wrote: »
    You will, unfortunately, be a big freak! But women here looooooooove tall men, especially tall Scottish men! You'll get more poontang than you know what to do with! You're going to be in DC? My friend lives there, I love visiting him. It will be a good time.

I'm sure I'll think of something :p maybe it wasn't such a bad choice afterall!! And yeah it'll be DC....