Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fourteen year olds and debs.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Dragan wrote: »
    If i had a 14 year old daughter and she showed up with an 18 year old boyfriend he'd swiftly get his hands nailed to his hip bones.

As a previous 18 year old male you should know that this would not stop you, where there is a willy there is a way.

As they say have a boy and you only have one prick to worry about, have a girl and you have every prick in town to worry about.

I think I'll be fitting a GPS tracking device to any off spring I have along with a device to notify me everything their belt is undone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

kayos wrote: »
    As a previous 18 year old male you should know that this would not stop you, where there is a willy there is a way.

Not really. It's all a game and all games have rules.

I know exactly what i was up to when i was a kid and should i be unfortunate enough to ever have any of my own i will be dissapointed if they don't try the same ****.

The simple fact of the matter is that i'll beat them the same way i beat my parents.

Ruthlessness and cunning.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Dragan wrote: »
    I know exactly what i was up to when i was a kid and should i be unfortunate enough to ever have any of my own i will be dissapointed if they don't try the same ****

:D

If I had a daughter there's not a chance in hell I'd allow her to go to a debs at 14. Feck being social savy, when there's an 18yr old bloke feeding you alcohol your social savyness disappears!

On another note this is branching this off into Dublin v Everywhere Else, I'm from Dub but play for a team predominantly with non-Dubs. We were actually talking bout this at the weekend because one of the younger lads had a mate who brought a young girl (just turned 15). All us Dubs lads disagreed with it whereas the rest seen little wrong with it, was a bit taken back by their collective attitude towards it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

paperclip2 wrote: »
    A couple of days ago some neighbours casually told me that their fourteen year old daughter was going to a Debs with her 18 year old boyfriend.:eek:

Am I so out of touch, cos honestly this shocked the hell out of me. I have a thirteen year old and the idea of letting her (a) go to a debs next year and (b) with an eighteen year old lad is just not gonna happen in my world.

But is it the norm for girls that young to be going to Debs these days?

TBH, you should have landed a huge slap on your neighbours face and then called social services.

There is absolutely no reason why a 14 year old (girl or guy) should be going to a debs/grads.

A debs/grads is basically one huge drinking-fest and attempts by everyone there to get laid. Great fun when you're 17/18. Completely wrong when you're 14. And then the parents would probably try and blame the boyfriend when their little child gets her stomach pumped/knocked up etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I had just turned 15 when I went to my first debs. I had been with my boyfriend for seven or eight months and my parents knew him well, there was a four year academic difference (me in third year, him in first year college) but the age difference was only two and a half years (and no, we weren't sleeping together) They didn't have a problem with it, or if they did they didn't say anything about it to me. I borrowed my sister's old debs dress, and she helped me to do my hair. Yeah, some other people at the debs got hammered, I only had a few drinks. Not everyone that age is untrustworthy you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Like everything in life it depends on the person/situation. I def would trust my daughter (15 since may). I'd still be worried don't get me wrong but I've explained talked about so many scenarios she has a rake of cop on. Debs don't automatically equal getting up to no good. 14 year olds can do that any night of the week without a debs dress on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭hattie-f

im 15 and i went to the dabs this year with my 19 year old boyfriend
    i think im plenty mature enough
    but i suppose it depends on the actual person themselves
    Like i no for example im well trusted at home and school, but some of my peers i wouldnt trust with a tv control. :D
    i had a brilliant time.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Pics or GTFO:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

a girl in my year went to a debs this year and she only went 16 the next day
    and when i was in 3rd year there were loads of girls going to debs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

hehehe when it was our debs...we had our boyfriends the next day. there was about a group of 18 of us and 4 or 5 couples at the time. One of the guys girlfriend didn't come to his debs....coz she was getting her Junior cert results the next day, her mammy wouldn't let her....it was SOOOOOOOOOO funny!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement