Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellends Shouting Insults From Taxis

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Friends of mine were sitting in one of the many snugs in neachtains pub in Galway years ago, when a young lad turned around and started going 'woof woof' to one of the girls on his way out of the pub. Her brother, who was a big guy, followed him and his mates out of the pub and started to chase them down the street shouting 'woof woof'. He decided to let them go, and it was only when he got back into the pub that he noticed the small dog sitting in the corner behind where they were sitting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Soups123

Friends of mine were sitting in one of the many snugs in neachtains pub in Galway years ago, when a young lad turned around and started going 'woof woof' to one of the girls on his way out of the pub. Her brother, who was a big guy, followed him and his mates out of the pub and started to chase them down the street shouting 'woof woof'. He decided to let them go, and it was only when he got back into the pub that he noticed the small dog sitting in the corner behind where they were sitting

Why didnt he just chase them down the street? He would have looked fcukin weird to anyone looking on as he was running along shouting woof woof like a pretend dog

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm in the "fcuk em" camp. To be honest, if your gf gets overly insulted by a drunken wanker stranger, that is probably something she needs to address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Soups123 wrote: »
    Why didnt he just chase them down the street? He would have looked fcukin weird to anyone looking on as he was running along shouting woof woof like a pretend dog

He was a bit of a hot head, so I can only assume he was trying to make a point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

The biggest tragedy here is that he couldn't think of a decent fat joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

A few months ago I was standing at the edge of the path looking to see if it was safe to cross the road when a car full of morons drove past. One of them shouted "you look like a queer". I said "oh fuck off" and he replied "you do, you faggot".

I used to get upset over these things but not anymore. It might piss me off for an hour or so but I wouldn't spend two weeks worrying about it. I've had so much abuse shouted at me over the years that if I got depressed anytime it happened I'd never go anywhere. I do get more pissed off when someone actually throws something at me from a moving car though.

I also seriously want to punch parents who drive around with a child in the back seat that they just let shout abuse at people or allow to spray a water pistol from the window.

Jesus, where the hell do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

It was probably the culchie's big day out with the 'bais'.

I know some girls haven't got thick skin but in hindsight I think you should've ignored them and not chased the taxi.

It's times like the OP where you need several quick retorts in order to win 'the war of the words'. The other party doesn't even have to hear your response as long as the person you're with hears it and gets a laugh out of it.

I win those all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Stanlex wrote: »
    Because sometimes a man's got to do what a man's got to do. That's why!

A rolling stone gathers no moss

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Not really an answer to the question why he reacted and probably upset his missus more. If he was mature enough to laugh it off she would have too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Combating an eejit by doing the eejit yourself is tactically unsound and rarely works satisfactorily. Having said that, I am a huge fan of the big, quiet youngfella in the "Funny Stories From School" thread who sat on the bully while lecturing him on maturity. jimgoose likes this. :cool: :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

OP, you can find solace in the fact that these clowns eventually end up insulting the wrong person, and pay the price for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭Calibos

Looks like theres a few of that type of lad posting in this thread already.

"Oh, a thread about some poor girl being abused from a passing taxi about her weight....the perfect opportunity for me to use some of my fatty puns!! Haha"

Bloody Neanderthals :rolleyes:

I just can't get my head around the type of person who can derive pleasure from upsetting someone else?? How does that work?? If I upset someone I end up upsetting myself as a result. I just can't grasp the mental process of upsetting someone and then walking away with a warm satisfied happy glow myself. "I made them feel sh!t, I feel so happy and alive haha!!" WTF like?

Don't anyone trot out the usual, "Ah sure it was the drink, they were only having a laugh like". In my experience drink lowers cultural/societal barriers and inhibitions. The real you comes out to play that you usually keep underwraps. If you're not naturally a pr!ck sober, you won't be a pr!ck with drink on you. If you are naturally a pr!ck but hide it to function day to day, it'll come out when you are drunk. Then there are the pr!cks who don't give a fcuk and are pr!cks all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

It's Ireland OP, village idiot mentality where your're guaranteed some c**t won't like your face, head shape, accent, dress sense, the fact you have a gf, etc, etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The thing is, people like our taxi-using shouty friend are the sort of people whose opinions nobody cares about. In school nobody listened to them, if they have a job (improbable as it is), they're the person nobody listens to, so they try to be the big man and pick on easy targets. It's kind of sad, except it's not really and they deserve every second of their life of no consequence.

Rise above them and similar pond-life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

spurious wrote: »
    The thing is, people like our taxi-using shouty friend are the sort of people whose opinions nobody cares about. In school nobody listened to them, if they have a job (improbable as it is), they're the person nobody listens to, so they try to be the big man and pick on easy targets. It's kind of sad, except it's not really and they deserve every second of their life of no consequence.

Rise above them and similar pond-life.

No disrespect intended, but I have to disagree.

In a perfect world, yes. The jackass who treats people like a jerk and yells things out of a moving car - WOULD be unpopular, un-listened to, unsuccessful and all of that. But the two meanest people I know, the people I knew who did these things as young adults/in uni - both of them are very successful. Even now that they're old, they're not above childish stuff like name calling from a moving vehicle.

Maybe it's a deep-seeded insecurity that drives them, I don't know. But one ended up a bigshot financial services guy who drives a BMW. He's still a dick. He had plenty of friends and he's sociable enough. He's ultra competitive and loves nothing more to make other people look stupid.

The other one was really popular/attractive (and still is). Worst of all, he went on to be a doctor. Somehow, despite being an ass, he's still incredibly popular. From inappropriate comments, to petty theft, to seriously mean pranks and backhanded comments meant as insults....but people just shrug it off. He was athletic, good at sports, and that was pretty much enough for lots of people to like him. Being attractive meant women were happy to put up with his crap. I ended up dating his girlfriend's best friend - so we all double dated a lot. He was a horrible person, but it didn't seem to stop people from hanging out with him.

If you're 'in' their social circle, they're okay to you. It's just, they are dicks to other people. And if you're young/immature/have a few beers/just don't want to make a scene - you shrug it off. If you aren't in their social circle, they make fun of you and treat you like crap, but there isn't much you can do about it.

It sucks, but these people exist.

Now, I also remember some physical bullies. The kids that would start fights and shoplift. Most of them ended up having pretty crappy lives. But the emotional bullies I know, are actually quite successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

UCDVet wrote: »
    No disrespect intended, but I have to disagree.

In a perfect world, yes. The jackass who treats people like a jerk and yells things out of a moving car - WOULD be unpopular, un-listened to, unsuccessful and all of that. But the two meanest people I know, the people I knew who did these things as young adults/in uni - both of them are very successful. Even now that they're old, they're not above childish stuff like name calling from a moving vehicle.

Maybe it's a deep-seeded insecurity that drives them, I don't know. But one ended up a bigshot financial services guy who drives a BMW. He's still a dick. He had plenty of friends and he's sociable enough. He's ultra competitive and loves nothing more to make other people look stupid.

The other one was really popular/attractive (and still is). Worst of all, he went on to be a doctor. Somehow, despite being an ass, he's still incredibly popular. From inappropriate comments, to petty theft, to seriously mean pranks and backhanded comments meant as insults....but people just shrug it off. He was athletic, good at sports, and that was pretty much enough for lots of people to like him. Being attractive meant women were happy to put up with his crap. I ended up dating his girlfriend's best friend - so we all double dated a lot. He was a horrible person, but it didn't seem to stop people from hanging out with him.

If you're 'in' their social circle, they're okay to you. It's just, they are dicks to other people. And if you're young/immature/have a few beers/just don't want to make a scene - you shrug it off. If you aren't in their social circle, they make fun of you and treat you like crap, but there isn't much you can do about it.

It sucks, but these people exist.

Now, I also remember some physical bullies. The kids that would start fights and shoplift. Most of them ended up having pretty crappy lives. But the emotional bullies I know, are actually quite successful.

Financial services people who drive BMWs are my favourite food! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know what you mean UCDVet and I think the 'mates' of these losers are really only pally with them so they can avoid being the next target. Do the bullies know this? I think they do, or maybe it makes it better if I think they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Some great stories rolling in, thanks for sharing guys and gals

The girlfriend is still down over it, said everything possible to make her feel better, you know the usual, "Ah that dweeb has to be insecure about something in his life and is insulting you because of it, he's probably a loser that can't hold onto a job/girlfriend, never got a hug off his parents, probably sexually frustrated for being a douche while chatting up women, he probably hasn't an ounce of good fortune because of his attitude" basically just fired everything out on the table to make her feel better where she just said.

"He will have luck though, people like that sail through life"

I said in return that it would be full steam ahead for her when it comes to sailing through life compared to this bellend, she is extremely qualified in her line of work. Crazy intelligent I mean, what she is doing with me I will never know.

This weight jibe wasn't great though, I think she has had stuff said to her in the later stage of secondary school from girls like, she was in an all girls school, I don't think she has ever had a male call her what she was called.

Still so sad about it that she was thinking about it over the whole week away, like the week was great, we did everything, seen everything, walked the entire city of Edinburgh till our feet almost fell off. The Fringe Festival was on so we seen a load of comedy shows. When we got back to our apartment she got quiet at times, I asked was she alright and put a brave face on it, I was unsure but said I'd leave it, best not to bring it up I thought at the time, you don't want a holiday consisting of what one gimp shouted from the safe santuary of a moving taxi.

Should have got the LUAS last week and it would have never happened, we were going to get the LUAS but the queues were massive with mostly Limerick GAA fans at the machines at Heuston Station and I said "Ah sure the weather is nice we will walk into town"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Awful cowardly act, and aimed at a woman aswell is even more pathetic, but then again you ll have these digs from people especially when they ve a sense of safety behind a keyboard or from a car, pity you didnt catch up with the ****ers doubt they woulda been as brave face to face!

If she s unhappy about her weight, maybe work on that with her?

evo2000 wrote: »
    Awful cowardly act, and aimed at a woman aswell is even more pathetic, but then again you ll have these digs from people especially when they ve a sense of safety behind a keyboard or from a car, pity you didnt catch up with the ****ers doubt they woulda been as brave face to face!

If she s unhappy about her weight, maybe work on that with her?

She's been on this new diet called Nupo for the last while, it's been working really well actually. She brought the Nupo with her on holiday and had it some of the days, other days she treated herself to a meal, because you know it's a holiday, I wouldn't make her stick to it on a holiday, Christ I wouldn't in general, I leave it up to her and I have her back in whatever she wants to do. When I stay over in hers and we do a shop I don't put any junk food into the basket and stick to fruit, low fat milk and tofu and stuff, she's been a vegetarian most of her life in fact. I'm a meat eater myself.

Before she went on the nupo diet she was quite the chocoholic, but it's not me to say anything about it, I'd be afraid of opening my mouth in case I say the wrong thing. I'm not controlling and I'd never want to be. I let her acknowledge her own problems which she can do, she doesn't need to be told, she isn't stupid. She's back on the Nupo full time now and works out at the gym. She can't make it there every day she has a hell of a lot of commitments related to her academics. She is far busier than I, works like a dog all year round, hard to get her mind off it for 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I've been a chronic pain sufferer for 4 years, 23 years old,very rare 24/7 headache, about 2 years ago I was in Galway one lonely night, walking to the cinema, pretty much in tears and some gob****e shouts the window of his car as loud as his lungs allowed him, at top speed.

"Don't worry lad, it can't be all that bad!!!!"

Wanted a sinkhole to open up and take him and his "bais" with him.
    If only he knew who he said it to :(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I am guilty of conversing with pedestrians from my motor vehicle in an informal and abrupt manner :o

Buuuuut, I never insult people. I tend to shout innuendos or horse puns with the horses head mask. Usually just for lols, with the bonus of getting lols back.

The OP's story makes me wonder what goes through someones mind to do that.... Gets a kick of making people miserable? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

One time I was parked up on a hot day windows down on a busy enough city street. Guy came up, squatted down on the passenger side and informed me my tyre was punctured it went like

Him: Here your front tyres punctured. *Points at front left tyre
    Me: Oh thanks.
    Him: It's flat out
    Me: Thanks

He waited for some other reaction.

Me: Is it actually?
    Him: NO! hahahahaha

Then he walked off.

Thought he was the funniest bloke going. His female friend/girlfriend sort of stood there awkwardly the whole time and then walked off after him. Still wondering what the fuck he was thinking. She didnt look too impressed with him as I looked at both of them as he started laughing. Idiot

dgt wrote: »
    I am guilty of conversing with pedestrians from my motor vehicle in an informal and abrupt manner :o

Buuuuut, I never insult people. I tend to shout innuendos or horse puns with the horses head mask. Usually just for lols, with the bonus of getting lols back.

The OP's story makes me wonder what goes through someones mind to do that.... Gets a kick of making people miserable? :mad:

Ah thats only harmless banter tho and most people would see the funny side lol theres a fair difference!

Yeah some people are just messed up in the head i guess just like to bring other people down,

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Had one cretin fire an egg at me from a car one evening, while his friend then sped off. Straight into a red light maybe thirty yards down the street. Lets just say I didn't use my key just to get into the house that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Had one cretin fire an egg at me from a car one evening, while his friend then sped off. Straight into a red light maybe thirty yards down the street. Lets just say I didn't use my key just to get into the house that night!

Post thanked solely for use of word "cretin".

Worst ive had now was some important lad in an audi drown me with a puddle... my first reaction was to look for the nearest rock! if id found one it was goin clean thru the back window! lol

I've had bastards throw fireworks out the car window at me on 3 different ocassions, each and every one landed right at my feet leaving me like 2 seconds to jump out of the way, one of those times I leaped into a thorny ditch, with me getting out destroyed shouting at the driver.

C**ts of the highest order also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Once had a passengers fire a pellet gun at me while I was filling up with diesel. They were in heavy traffic and by fluke I caught up with them. F*ckers panicked and nearly went in to a ditch.

I also used fill up my car with mates and sing songs out the window to pedestrians in heavy traffic. Great craic and the reactions were hilarious. Nothing beats a good pop song :pac:

HurtLocker wrote: »
    Once had a passengers fire a pellet gun at me while I was filling up with diesel. They were in heavy traffic and by fluke I caught up with them. F*ckers panicked and nearly went in to a ditch.

I also used fill up my car with mates and sing songs out the window to pedestrians in heavy traffic. Great craic and the reactions were hilarious. Nothing beats a good pop song :pac:

I used to have a car that the horn was so fooked it sounded like a hybrid between a train/bulldozer coming towards you.. had some laugh drivin up close to the kerb and lettin it rip! the frights some people got was fuggin priceless! lol

all of em tho thought it was hilarious when they realized it was a small car lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I almost consider it a fact of life that you meet these types of dickheads on a regular basis.

I've had bricks, rocks, pipes, bottles, fireworks and eggs thrown at me and the usual shoutings. You'd think it was a bad area I lived in but that shít happened everywhere I moved to. Mainly Longford, though, they seem to like throwing things out of their cars there.

I don't care for them but don't take any solace that they're pondlife who live shítty lives or that "karma" will make them pay, I know people who revelled in this kind of stupid shít and went on to be very successful or became Gardaí (oddly enough :pac:)

Advertisement