Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellends Shouting Insults From Taxis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Once the taxi sped off I went back and you know hugged and re-assurred her and minded her and spent the day making her feel better, when I seen her looking glum I knew what it was over I did everything possible to make her feel better, when you fire insults at a girl about her weight, it's a massive knock to confidence. I was just annoyed in general, came at the worst possible time when we had our baggage and looking forward to a week away, saving for months and months, only for her to be insulted to a degree of feeling s**t for the best part of a week, if anyone deserved a stress free holiday it was her, she worked like a dog all year.

If a man gets insulted about their weight, we can be more thick skinned but for a woman it really sticks.

Sucks about your friend Saoirse, brave men full of drink and a car under their arse mouthing off.

Felt pretty helpless though, wanted to defend the girlfriends honour silly as it sounds, was a moment of provoked rage.

Should have brought her an ice cream, does wonders for your inner happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

OP

maybe its best you didn't catch up with him, yer man could have had a knife or nasty buddies and you would have ended up in A&E or worse

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Limerick lost. Karma. Forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,893 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Not being funny or anything, but what were you planning to do if you actually caught up with the taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Not being funny or anything, but what were you planning to do if you actually caught up with the taxi?

Punch the head off him I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Something similar happened to my brother a few years back but instead of driving off the taxi man pulled over. My brother strolled up to the taxi and opened the door to see his next door neighbour was the driver :D Asked the weasel in the back if he wished to step out and apologize to his Mrs (not even a big girl tbh). Suffice to say there were 3 lads red faced and sweating profusely as they said sorry many times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,893 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

lukesmom wrote: »
    Punch the head off him I'd imagine

That has the potential to not end well. Court case and neck brace wearing bell-end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I asked my pup the same question when we were out for a walk there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Should have brought her an ice cream, does wonders for your inner happiness

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

It funny when a car slows down and some idiot who thinks he's a mad lad shouts something, but all you hear is: "Here buddy, ahhhhs deerrrrrrs berrrrrs creeeaaaaaaa yeah! Haaaahahah"

Err, right on :confused: Was it really worth rolling down your window for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

KungPao wrote: »
    It funny when a car slows down and some idiot who thinks he's a mad lad shouts something, but all you hear is: "Here buddy, ahhhhs deerrrrrrs berrrrrs creeeaaaaaaa yeah! Haaaahahah"

Err, right on :confused: Was it really worth rolling down your window for that?

tried a number of times and I still don't know what that's supposed to be

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Its a fashion at the moment I have had it with someone shouting at me about a certain piece of head gear I was wearing I have to say it didn't bother me they are usually a bit thick I think, although maybe someone shouting about weight would be more upsetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Hi OP, sorry your holiday had the dampers poured on it.

This guy sounds a right pr1ck. I just can't understand why he did it. I understand that sometimes people make jokes that just go that bit too far (do it all the time) but this? It was never going to be in anyway funny.

Hope your gf is over it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Wouldn't it be great if he had caught up with him and had enough time to get near him but do nothing just give the eejit a fright :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

beertons wrote: »
    Limerick lost. Karma. Forget about it.

So a panel of players impose a monk-like discipline on themselves for months on end to reach the semi and lose by 2 measly points against an amazingly high-achieving opponent in the driving rain. 20,000 people go home to the midwest with dreams shattered. Because a moron shouts abuse at somebody he doesn't know from a taxi.

Tell us more about how this 'karma' works?

Specifically tell us what the OP's girlfriend did to deserve her 'karma'?

We need to put this dumb word in the bin. ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

And then what happened?

Seriously though, why give a fcuk about what some asshat shouts out from the back of a taxi. Fcuk them, not worth getting upset about it.

its a matter of pride ,my ex drove,I didn't.road rage happens a lot more than people think so I always hopped out of the car to remonstrate,sometimes she saw me as a night in shining armour,other times it didn't work out how I hoped,but thems the breaks.either way,id feel less of a man if I had stayed in the car and looked the other way.op has every reason to be pissed over it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

its a matter of pride ,my ex drove,I didn't.road rage happens a lot more than people think so I always hopped out of the car to remonstrate,

How many times ? Approximately will do. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭StudentDad

Don't worry about idiots in taxis OP. He was probably jealous. Probably can't get a woman to look sideways at him. Nevermind a relationship.

SD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I was in a supermarket with a friend of mine one lunch time and this group of teenage girls (17-19) started barking at her and calling her a dog and throwing stuff.

She verbally tore strips off them for about 10 minutes to the point that one of them started crying. Then went to the centre manager and told them that she and all of her mates would be shopping elsewhere if this ever happened again ... Girls got barred from the entire centre.

I've had guys pick fights with me because I'm 6'4" and in good shape too. It's bloody annoying and usually only happens either in central Dublin at night or in particularly dodgy Midlands towns (.
    Some total idiots out there unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Soups123

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Not often I start a thread but here we go.

I'm just back from a week away to Edinburgh with the girlfriend. Had a great time and I didn't get a chance to post here while I was away.

Anywho, I'll cut to the chase, last Sunday myself and the girlfriend were up in Dublin walking around the city killing the day before we would catch our flight the next day. The city was busy as Limerick were playing Kilkenny in the Semi Final up in Croker.

We were on the Lower Ormond Quay area near enough where Yamamori is when some arsehole (possibly a Limerick Supporter think it was a green jersey he was wearing) shouted an insult at my girlfriend from a grey taxi. My girlfriend isn't a skinny girl, so I may as well say it was weight related and for woman a jibe about weight can be devastating.

This dude stuck his head out the window and shouted "Fat Bitch" and then got caught at a set of traffic lights and I in a rage when I heard what was said dropped my bags and darted up after him hoping to get the c**t before the lights changed, but the lights changed before I got to him. Pissed me off immensely after we came up to enjoy the build up to the holiday. I was trying to make her feel better for the first day or two afterwards because she is really sensitive and she put a brave face on it and she said she was fine and so on, so I left it because we didn't want it spoiling the holiday.

She put on some weight after her brother died suddenly a few years before I met her, and the girl is awesome. intelligent, witty, funny, caring etc, what I like in a girl, she won me over straight away.

Was messaging her earlier on after we both went home and she didn't want to tell me but she felt very depressed and down over what this guy said and she wanted to cry most of the time and she didn't want to say because she didn't want it to ruin the holiday. I'm just so sad for her and I want vengeance in general for this motherf**ker insulting my girlfriend.

So any similar stories lads? Did anyone get even? Share your experience.

Cheers

Maybe show/tell her the part in bold to cheer her up :)

Weight can be a temporary problem, assholes will always be assholes

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

Taxi driver should have "stalled" at the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So OP you were on Ormond quay when this happened? Are you suggesting that the biggest issue you feel Dublin has to deal with and most offends you, given the location you were in, is idiots shouting from taxis!?

Did you not notice the state of the place or a large proportion of people in the city center?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭ronjo

So OP you were on Ormond quay when this happened? Are you suggesting that the biggest issue you feel Dublin has to deal with and most offends you, given the location you were in, is idiots shouting from taxis!?

Did you not notice the state of the place or a large proportion of people in the city center?

Yeah, thats really relevant to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The Rabbit wrote: »
    Taxi driver should have "stalled" at the lights.

In all fare-ness, he was never going to!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

What a pointless post.
    The guy felt offended and rightly so, why would he give a toss about other problems in the city?
    If I'm offended and someone said "yeah but think of all the other problems in the world" I'd tell them to fcuk right off.
    If someone shouted crap at my girlfriend from a taxi (which in itself is a pussy thing to do) I'd have done the same as the OP and ran towards teh prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

bear1 wrote: »
    If someone shouted crap at my girlfriend from a taxi (which in itself is a pussy thing to do) I'd have done the same as the OP and ran towards teh prick.

Which is no doubt, exactly the kind of reaction they're hoping to provoke.

I'd just ignore them personally - I wouldn't hold their opinion in very high regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

The best one I've ever heard though was a friend of mine's g/f is this rather petite Frenchwoman. However, she's ex-military and a member of the notorious French riot police. She'd have a hell of a lot of pretty serious training for 'taking people down'.

Anyway, she was in Glasgow on a night out and some lad tried to grab her handbag and mobile.
    She managed to floor him and restrained him in some rather painful arm hold (he was threatening to sue her over it) until police arrived!

I got the sense that it was more his ego bruised than his arm/shoulder.

Attacking random strangers isn't a great idea in any context though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

lawred2 wrote: »
    tried a number of times and I still don't know what that's supposed to be
    Imagine hearing it being shouted from a drunk Steo and Damo from the window of a 14 year old banger. Even harder to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Never been shouted at from a car but one night I was walking to meet some mates in the pub and some lads drove past and ****ed an egg at me.

It hit me square in the chest at the top end of the egg, so it didn't break until it hit the ground, which was good because I was going out on the town and bad because it hurt like ****.

It was worse for some people further down the road, they got covered with flour and eggs.

Unfortunately, there's assholes everywhere. All you can do is ignore them or in my case, report them and their car make/model to the guards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

A few months ago I was standing at the edge of the path looking to see if it was safe to cross the road when a car full of morons drove past. One of them shouted "you look like a queer". I said "oh fuck off" and he replied "you do, you faggot".

I used to get upset over these things but not anymore. It might piss me off for an hour or so but I wouldn't spend two weeks worrying about it. I've had so much abuse shouted at me over the years that if I got depressed anytime it happened I'd never go anywhere. I do get more pissed off when someone actually throws something at me from a moving car though.

I also seriously want to punch parents who drive around with a child in the back seat that they just let shout abuse at people or allow to spray a water pistol from the window.

Advertisement