Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellends Shouting Insults From Taxis

Options
  • 18-08-2014 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

Not often I start a thread but here we go.

I'm just back from a week away to Edinburgh with the girlfriend. Had a great time and I didn't get a chance to post here while I was away.

Anywho, I'll cut to the chase, last Sunday myself and the girlfriend were up in Dublin walking around the city killing the day before we would catch our flight the next day. The city was busy as Limerick were playing Kilkenny in the Semi Final up in Croker.

We were on the Lower Ormond Quay area near enough where Yamamori is when some arsehole (possibly a Limerick Supporter think it was a green jersey he was wearing) shouted an insult at my girlfriend from a grey taxi. My girlfriend isn't a skinny girl, so I may as well say it was weight related and for woman a jibe about weight can be devastating.

This dude stuck his head out the window and shouted "Fat Bitch" and then got caught at a set of traffic lights and I in a rage when I heard what was said dropped my bags and darted up after him hoping to get the c**t before the lights changed, but the lights changed before I got to him. Pissed me off immensely after we came up to enjoy the build up to the holiday. I was trying to make her feel better for the first day or two afterwards because she is really sensitive and she put a brave face on it and she said she was fine and so on, so I left it because we didn't want it spoiling the holiday.

She put on some weight after her brother died suddenly a few years before I met her, and the girl is awesome. intelligent, witty, funny, caring etc, what I like in a girl, she won me over straight away.

Was messaging her earlier on after we both went home and she didn't want to tell me but she felt very depressed and down over what this guy said and she wanted to cry most of the time and she didn't want to say because she didn't want it to ruin the holiday. I'm just so sad for her and I want vengeance in general for this motherf**ker insulting my girlfriend.

So any similar stories lads? Did anyone get even? Share your experience.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

You sound like a nice guy. Just keep reassuring her and making her feel good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've a friend who shouted bus **** a few times. Still cracks me up even though it's an old joke these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Maybe he was an ex of hers. Perhaps she broke his heart...or else he's just a random dickwad. You'll get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

And then what happened?

Seriously though, why give a fcuk about what some asshat shouts out from the back of a taxi. Fcuk them, not worth getting upset about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

He'd probably had a few cans and felt like the funniest man on earth. Fair play for trying to stand up to him op.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

If it's upsetting her that much maybe it'll motivate her to lose weight. Sister in law was in a pub in Galway with then boyfriend, misunderstanding happened and he was asked to leave which he did but given he's a big lad probably 6'5 and 18 stone of gym sessions one of the bouncers tried to show off to his mates, bf told him to cop on, bouncer got aggressive, sister in law told bouncer to calm down, bouncer says @ shut up you fat pig" he pummelled the guy that said it, took a few slaps on the way out but nothing bad.

She lost weight they broke up and it's back on again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Man+too much drink+buddies+easy target = obnoxious w**ker.

Don't waste your energy OP. Karma will catch up with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

You sound like a nice guy. Just keep reassuring her and making her feel good.

I done it all buddy, I'm a gent wherever possible, not to blow my own trumpet of course. I was out for blood last Sunday, I'd have been arrested if I got a hold of that guy. Have no convictions but my first would have been well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Not as bad as your GF's experience, but just yesterday I was walking along the quays (the northside) and some dick slowed down his car and said "Hey, you dropped something" and I looked behind me only to find that I had not dropped something. The man laughed hysterically and before I knew it his friend had hit the accelerator and I was unable to get my revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Why did you run after them? Just ignore them. Dont feed the trolls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Best thing is not to make a big deal about it. It was an insult from somebody unimportant so the jibe itself should be seen as such.

You sound like a caring guy, but if my boyfriend got upset at a randomer shouting that at me I'd just feel even worse. Different story if it was someone you knew, then I'd want him to stand up for me.

Sorry to hear that happened to you both. Cowardly cnut, whoever he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Have no convictions but my first would have been well worth it.

Nah, it wouldn't. Imagine if you were convicted, or had to pay compensation to avoid a conviction, all because of an asshole? You did right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Stanlex

Why did you run after them? Just ignore them. Dont feed the trolls

Because sometimes a man's got to do what a man's got to do. That's why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

If it's upsetting her that much maybe it'll motivate her to lose weight.

Maybe, but it's hardly justification for someone being a complete knob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

A few years ago I was playing football out in Naas. Me and my mates usually play 5 a side, but we were asked to pay against an under 21's team in their pre season. Anyway one lad was acting the big man on the pitch going in hard etc. He got as good as he got from me anyway, within limits.
    Afterwards, he was in the back of his buddys car driving off when he started mouthing off at me. I looked up the field and saw the gate was shut. Off I trotted up the field and caught the little b@stard before they could get the gate open. Such a beautiful sweet rap in the teeth he got for himself. I'll admit, it felt good.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Just take solace from the fact that people who behave like that don't tend to have very fulfilling or successful lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭DeadHand

(possibly a Limerick Supporter think it was a green jersey he was wearing)

Unconfirmed green jersey...

Could have been a Celtic, Fermanagh, New York Jets, Real Betis, Shamrock rovers, Nigeria, FC Nantes, Boston Celtics, Irish rugby team, Irish football team, Irish women's rugby team, Irish women's football team, Irish international rules, Mexico, Green Bay Packers, Vancouver Canucks, Hibernian, Plymouth Argyle, Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon supporter...

... Or a lad in a fetching, green shirt.

Limerick gets blamed for every bloody thing... Even calling your girlfriend fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Who ate all the pies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭SaoirseRose

Ah, she must be gutted. I know that feeling all too well :( It can be so easy to say 'don't let it bother you', but once it's said then it's said and it sticks with you. You sound like you're doing your best to reassure her, just give her a wee bit of time to get past it. As for losing the weight, she'll do that when she's good and ready - and that will be the right time.

Was walking down the quays myself with a friend about a year ago who is black, and some a-hole shouts the 'N' word at him from a passing car. I've never been so ashamed of my country as I was at that moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

I want vengeance in general for this motherf**ker insulting my girlfriend.

So any similar stories lads? Did anyone get even? Share your experience.

Cheers

Best vengeance is to live well. You have each other and you seem like sweethearts.

Nasty people attract others like them.

You have your revenge.

Ah, she must be gutted. I know that feeling all too well :( It can be so easy to say 'don't let it bother you', but once it's said then it's said and it sticks with you. You sound like you're doing your best to reassure her, just give her a wee bit of time to get past it. As for losing the weight, she'll do that when she's good and ready - and that will be the right time.

Was walking down the quays myself with a friend about a year ago who is black, and some a-hole shouts the 'N' word at him from a passing car. I've never been so ashamed of my country as I was at that moment.

Once the taxi sped off I went back and you know hugged and re-assurred her and minded her and spent the day making her feel better, when I seen her looking glum I knew what it was over I did everything possible to make her feel better, when you fire insults at a girl about her weight, it's a massive knock to confidence. I was just annoyed in general, came at the worst possible time when we had our baggage and looking forward to a week away, saving for months and months, only for her to be insulted to a degree of feeling s**t for the best part of a week, if anyone deserved a stress free holiday it was her, she worked like a dog all year.

If a man gets insulted about their weight, we can be more thick skinned but for a woman it really sticks.

Sucks about your friend Saoirse, brave men full of drink and a car under their arse mouthing off.

Felt pretty helpless though, wanted to defend the girlfriends honour silly as it sounds, was a moment of provoked rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭SaoirseRose

Felt pretty helpless though, wanted to defend the girlfriends honour silly as it sounds, was a moment of provoked rage.

Wouldn't think any less of you for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

DeadHand wrote: »
    Unconfirmed green jersey...

Could have been a Celtic, Fermanagh, New York Jets, Real Betis, Shamrock rovers, Nigeria, FC Nantes, Boston Celtics, Irish rugby team, Irish football team, Irish women's rugby team, Irish women's football team, Irish international rules, Mexico, Green Bay Packers, Vancouver Canucks, Hibernian, Plymouth Argyle, Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon supporter...

... Or a lad in a fetching, green shirt.

Limerick gets blamed for every bloody thing... Even calling your girlfriend fat.

Yeah whatever. Two questions -

1, How many of those other teams were playing in Dublin that day?

2. How long did you spend googling the names of sports teams from around the world that wear green kits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

"Throw yourself into the road, darling!

You haven't got a chance!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Lapin wrote: »
    Yeah whatever. Two questions -

1, How many of those other teams were playing in Dublin that day?

2. How long did you spend googling the names of sports teams from around the world that wear green kits?

1. None, I imagine, although I often managed to wear a Celtic jersey on days Celtic weren't playing in Dublin.

2. No time at all, names produced off the top of my head. I'm bright like that.

Anyways, lad was a reptile regardless of apparel.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Aww I feel sad for your gf op. You seem to really love her and I bet she's beautiful inside and out. Don't worry about that scumbag, he'll get his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Sound for the kind words and sharing your stories people. Ye're legends

Feel free and keep them coming, makes me feel better knowing some of ye caught your man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Advertisement