Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,947 ✭✭✭✭CSF

tom_k wrote: »
    At this stage I suppose a move like this is pure speculation, but if Falcao came to City and Jovetic departed it'd certainly be something for everyone to think about FPL wise.

I expect he'd be 10 million+?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-transfer-news-manuel-pellegrini-interested-in-radamel-falcao-loan-9651207.html
    I'd take a guess at him being 11.0 million?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

tom_k wrote: »
    At this stage I suppose a move like this is pure speculation, but if Falcao came to City and Jovetic departed it'd certainly be something for everyone to think about FPL wise.

I expect he'd be 10 million+?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-transfer-news-manuel-pellegrini-interested-in-radamel-falcao-loan-9651207.html

10.5 at least, no reason to be less than Costa for instance.

Instant transfer in!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Falcao for City would be as close to must have as you could get. Insanely good striker. 3-5-2 with Rooney and Falcao up front would be the way I'd go in such a scenario. I think he'll end up in Madrid however. There's no way Atletico would have sold to Real so the Monaco move was always likely to be a stop-gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Paully D wrote: »
    Falcao for City would be as close to must have as you could get. Insanely good striker. 3-5-2 with Rooney and Falcao up front would be the way I'd go in such a scenario. I think he'll end up in Madrid however. There's no way Atletico would have sold to Real so the Monaco move was always likely to be a stop-gap.

Probably not the place for it but I doubt Atleti or Falcao had much say in where he ended up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

CSF wrote: »
    Why oh why did they have to make Van Persie doubtful!!!

This is great news?

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    This is great news?
    No it means people who haven't been reading Van Gaal's news reports won't put him in their team now rather than doing so and getting 1 point likely max from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

CSF wrote: »
    No it means people who haven't been reading Van Gaal's news reports won't put him in their team now rather than doing so and getting 1 point likely max from him.

Exactly, the flags only serve to help the casuals. The RVP lemmings will no doubt just switch to Rooney now.

Anyone with their brain switched on will have no that no one from Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina or Germany will be fully match fit for game week one as they all played up to the last weekend of the world cup and thus had extended breaks.

I look forward to seeing tons of people drop Vlaar in dismay when he doesn't start in Gameweek 1. Dangerous stuff for players with high ownership as their value will drop quickly.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Probably not the place for it but I doubt Atleti or Falcao had much say in where he ended up.

I completely agree with that too. I'd love to see him come to the Premier League as he'd be an exceptional striker to have in your FPL team, but doubt it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Could anyone tell me what is the likely back 4 for Stoke?
    I wan't one of their defenders but have max 5 million to spend so can't go for Shawcross

I wan't one of their defenders but have max 5 million to spend so can't go for Shawcross

Bardsley - Shawcross - Huth - Pieters

Cameron, Wilson and Muniesa may prove to start for either of Bardsley, Huth and Pieters respectively, though I'd imagine the above is what they will open against Villa with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

stick in huth for now and then check what way they line up for their friendly at the weekend. Bardsley, huth , shawcross, pieters possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Stupid to have Ramsay & Sanchez?

Sanchez 'should' play up top and Ramsay just behind him = Assist/Goal combo!

I'm debating but i'd appreciate the input

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Isla goes to QPR, might be a 3-5-2 with wingbacks from them, who would be the left one? Traore?

Edit : Traore down as a midfielder...no dice!

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Isla goes to QPR, might be a 3-5-2 with wingbacks from them, who would be the left one? Traore?

Edit : Traore down as a midfielder...no dice!

simpson

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

simpson

LWB?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

simpson is right footed? I had literally just rejigged my team and settled on simpson to rotate occasionally with Palace defender and now this :(

jebforever wrote: »
    LWB?

I dont know the new player but read over the weekend he was a right sided player could be wrong. Not sure who the lwb is MR prodston mentioned a 4 million player is a possibility.

I dont know the new player but read over the weekend he was a right sided player could be wrong. Not sure who the lwb is MR prodston mentioned a 4 million player is a possibility.

Think that's the Korean lad Yun Suk-young, he's 4m.

thats the one him or traore Id imagine. They had assou ekoto on loan last year for LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Bojan on target again for stoke tonite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yeah have been keeping an eye on him but he's had very little game time in their friendlies. Played 7 times last year amd was loaned out. Pretty sure he's LB but doubtful he'll be a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Can anyone name the Irish qualified strikers in the premiership?
    I have Shane Long, but I've hit a dead end trying to finish off me Irish 11 team for the first time in about 5 years!
    Walters is down as a midfielder so I can't pick him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I have Shane Long, but I've hit a dead end trying to finish off me Irish 11 team for the first time in about 5 years!

Lukas Jutkiewicz (Burnley) qualifies through his Irish grandmother but hasn't made a decision about who he wants to represent. He could also represent England or Poland.

The_B_Man wrote: »

Conor McAleny has Irish roots, he's listed in the Everton forwards. Rory Donnelly is Northern Irish but qualifies for the Republic as well as he hasn't featured for the senior side yet, he's listed under Swansea's forwards. Yeah I'm really clutching at straws here haha.

Who's a good alternative to Remy for the start of the season? 7.5 or under

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

8-10 wrote: »
    Who's a good alternative to Remy for the start of the season? 7.5 or under

Pelle? Risk but after Liverpool Saints have 5 great fixtures.

FHFC wrote: »
    Pelle? Risk but after Liverpool Saints have 5 great fixtures.

Big fan of his. Riviere is the other on my list, decent fixtures but a risk as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    I find it odd, and I fit in to this category, i haven't seen anyone talking about Kompany and very few have picked Zab. They won the league last year!

City have Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal in their first 5 games. Their other games (Stoke and Newcastle) aren't complete pushovers either. They're champions, and that's reflected in the prices of their players. With that opening run, hard to include any of their players.

Silva at 9m is worth consideration but very tough to squeeze him in with the likes of Mata, Sanchez, Hazard etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Really can't decide between Sanchez and Hazard lads :(

• Advertisement

Really can't decide between Sanchez and Hazard lads :(

Hazard

Advertisement