Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Or do any Utd fans know who will fill the 3 CB spots without him? (Assuming ye stick with 3/5 at the back...)
    Smalling Jones Evans/Blackett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Girlfriend organised a surprise camping trip in the wilderness from tonight until saturday afternoon.

Me out loud: 'Yay, thanks'!

Me to myself: 'God-dammit, now I have to pick my fantasy football team by tonight, and on top of that I won't hear any last minute injury news or be able to do any last minute tinkering with my team'.

Ouch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

ea or Evans in every one of my many teams so far I'm now thinking about going with no united defensive cover........is this crazy given fixtures? there is just so much disruption at the back its making me uncomfortable!
    I suppose what it comes down to is which is better Caulker ward rotation OR Jones (Evans injured) and probably Chester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Smalling Jones Evans/Blackett.

Lucas, wasn't paying enough attention in the preseason games, who was attacking corners out of those 3/4.
    Or who was hanging back?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Granted they have an easy set of opening fixtures and there were encouraging signs pre season but looking at the team utd will probably put out tomorrow and then that they have sunderland away next game Im not so sure on people going with 3 utd players from the start. Im considering just going with rooney now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

km79 wrote: »
    ea or Evans in every one of my many teams so far I'm now thinking about going with no united defensive cover........is this crazy given fixtures? there is just so much disruption at the back its making me uncomfortable!
    I suppose what it comes down to is which is better Caulker ward rotation OR Jones (Evans injured) and probably Chester

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm debating at the minute.

I'm leaning towards going with Jones. I think in theory I like having rotating players, but in practice I HATE when I get the decision wrong, or the player I have benched gets more points. If I just go with Jones then there's less debating it back and forth each week!

Granted they have an easy set of opening fixtures and there were encouraging signs pre season but looking at the team utd will probably put out tomorrow and then that they have sunderland away next game Im not so sure on people going with 3 utd players from the start. Im considering just going with rooney now.

Mata is hard to leave out too. But agree 100% re their defence in particular. They will have at least one very inexperienced youngster playing a new system for the first time in a competitive game, and over the next few weeks are likely to be bedding in at least one, probably two new signings.

Bony quite enjoyed playing them last year too if I recall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

So are Jones or Evans the better bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm beginning to have doubts about Studge and having the big 3 up front. I might just revert back to Austin for the first few weeks and beef up my team. I'm thinking about Coutinho more and more especially if he's playing in the no.10 role.

There's a lot to think about in the next 1 day 23 hours and 42 minutes.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Also seeing quite a few teams without Hazard as well, always tempting to take Fab instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody looking at Diouf for Stoke i think at 6.5 he could be a good option.

FHFC wrote: »
    Mata is hard to leave out too. But agree 100% re their defence in particular. They will have at least one very inexperienced youngster playing a new system for the first time in a competitive game, and over the next few weeks are likely to be bedding in at least one, probably two new signings.

Bony quite enjoyed playing them last year too if I recall...

If I go with the big three up top it comes down to mata and Rodwell or Eriksen and siggy

So are Jones or Evans the better bet?

Well for the weekend Evans is a doubt so Jones. Overall Evans more likely to score goals and less likely to pick up cards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody looking at Diouf for Stoke i think at 6.5 he could be a good option.

Deffo. A player who has an immense goalscoring record wherever hes played. Stoke have favourable fixtures at the start too. Havent seen stoke's pre season line ups, was he playing a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

FFS have Luis as a non-starter. Anyone any ideas on this? I think he's nailed on.

Stephen Ireland playing in the hole for 5m ? Tempted to rotate him and Siggy ......anyone seen him preseason?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

After the game on Tuesday, Mourinho said he'd be relying on the likes of Terry and Ivanovic (as 2 of only 7 players who were there on the first day of pre-season) to start with while others got up to speed. Everything beyond that is guesswork, although FFS are always good and I'd agree with them on the line-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    FFS have Luis as a non-starter. Anyone any ideas on this? I think he's nailed on.
    I definitely don't have him as nailed on. He's one of 5 who need to go into 4, he could have a stormer or a stinker. A risk in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

How can he be nailed on when Ivanovic and Azpilicueta are fit? They both had excellent seasons. It would make more sense that he's on the bench at the start of the season and he has to earn his place in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Ireland is my big gamble. Haven't seen the games but have read detailed reports of the games and he seems to have been very involved in a lot of their attacking.

i think rotation between him and Siggy is a very good plan
    Stephen Ireland playing in the hole for 5m ? Tempted to rotate him and Siggy ......anyone seen him preseason?

• Advertisement

Have considered him was thinking odemwingie may end up playing on the right and bojan moved into Irelands position which put me off not sure if that's likely to happen.

Have considered him was thinking odemwingie may end up playing on the right and bojan moved into Irelands position which put me off not sure if that's likely to happen.
    Oh yes forgot about Odemwengie
    That's what put me off originally too
    It will be hard to find the extra .5 for Ireland anyway
    My defender is threadbare enough as it is .......apart from Terry :D

If I go with the big three up top it comes down to mata and Rodwell or Eriksen and siggy

In that scenario id go Eriksen and Siggy. But that kind of scenario is what puts me of the big three plan really!

FHFC wrote: »
    In that scenario id go Eriksen and Siggy. But that kind of scenario is what puts me of the big three plan really!

I have 32 million for 4 mids ramsey fab Eriksen siggy lose mata but gain the 3 most likely goalscorers. I could also have mata over fab or Ramsey . Or go mata fab ramsey Rodwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Many going Lamela over Eriksen? I think I'm gonna risk it.

Gatame wrote: »

I would but probably going to put Coutinho in that spot for GW1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Gatame wrote: »

I have Lamela at the moment.

Eriksen will be on a lot of set pieces that Lamela wont have. But it looks like Lamela will spend more time in the #10 role than Eriksen, going from pre-season anyway. I imagine they will be quite fluid and interchange regularly during games though.

Eriksen is more proven in the EPL. And had a great points per game last year.

Head says Eriksen.
    Heart says Lamela.

From a Biased, optimistic Spurs fan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Girlfriend organised a surprise camping trip in the wilderness from tonight until saturday afternoon.

Me out loud: 'Yay, thanks'!

Me to myself: 'God-dammit, now I have to pick my fantasy football team by tonight, and on top of that I won't hear any last minute injury news or be able to do any last minute tinkering with my team'.

Similar, I'm in Canada at the moment so time difference means I have to go to bed on Friday night with a settled team. No last minute changes on Saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

FFS also have Davies as a non starter with Vertonghen in the team but also on the doubt list.

Any thoughts on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Anyone concerned about the champions league qualifier for Arsenal.
    I really want to get Sanchez, or Ramsey to a lesser extent but thinking of going for Silva instead as I have no city cover. In the case of Sanchez, I cant see him playing all matches over the next two weeks. Just a case of if he will be rested in Europe or in the league.
    I haven't really considered City players much but at the end of the day they still have the best team in my opinion. Providing Silva stays injury free, I expect him to have a big year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

City have unfavorable opening fixtures though, I will get getting Silva but I don't see the rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Dearg81 wrote: »
    How can he be nailed on when Ivanovic and Azpilicueta are fit? They both had excellent seasons. It would make more sense that he's on the bench at the start of the season and he has to earn his place in the team.

He's 29 and was the outstanding left back in Europe last season. I'm sure he was bought with the idea of being first-team. He's a lot better than Azpilicueta going forward. He's a risk for first couple of games possibly i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Deffo. A player who has an immense goalscoring record wherever hes played. Stoke have favourable fixtures at the start too. Havent seen stoke's pre season line ups, was he playing a lot?

Come on now! 61 goals in 161 games. The majority of them in Norwegian football. Premier League record stands at 4 goals in 31 games. A respectable 26 goals in 57 appearances for Hannover 96, but by no means IMMENSE.

:p

Crouch might even start ahead of him

Way too risky for £6.5M i.m.o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

tom_k wrote: »
    FFS also have Davies as a non starter with Vertonghen in the team but also on the doubt list.

Any thoughts on this?

Davies appears to be at risk of a 15 minuter this weekend for sure. I had him in my earlier drafts and may return but until I have a look at how Spurs are defending I'll avoid them at the back. there's far better options for 5m who will definitely play every week including this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Which midfield combo should I go for?

Mata/fabregas
    Mata/ramsey
    Fabregas/ramsey

• Advertisement

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

Mata/fabregas
    Mata/ramsey
    Fabregas/ramsey

Personally, i'd go for Mata/Fab.

He's 29 and was the outstanding left back in Europe last season. I'm sure he was bought with the idea of being first-team. He's a lot better than Azpilicueta going forward. He's a risk for first couple of games possibly i suppose.

Truth is it's very much up in the air, and Jose is cleverly keeping his cards close to his chest, no doubt getting the best out of his boys in training. I'd be extremely surprised if Luis doesn't command a starting spot, he's the best LB around i.m.o., but in terms of GW1 it really could go any way! Cahill/Terry are probably the safer bets

Mata/fabregas
    Mata/ramsey
    Fabregas/ramsey

Matregas

No, sorry, Mamsey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

manual_man wrote: »
    Come on now! 61 goals in 161 games. The majority of them in Norwegian football. Premier League record stands at 4 goals in 31 games. A respectable 26 goals in 57 appearances for Hannover 96, but by no means IMMENSE.

I'd say he's nearly certain to start the first game. You're right though, he does not have an immense scoring record but is a decent shout at that price. I think Arnold Tanzarian might have a habit of exageratting his point when it comes to United players past and present.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

manual_man wrote: »

He scored for fun in norway! admittley a weak league yes, came to united then , never got a look in, made a handful of subsitute appearances is all! went on loan to blackburn who were in turmoil at the time and the manager again only gave him sporadic starts and was used mainly off the bench. He got a transfer to hannover and has been their main striker the last couple of years, he was actually even linked with a possible move to dortmund at the end of last season such was his success, hes scored very regularly in a competitive league, hes ultra athletic and has the physicality to match the tough PL centre halves. I can see him easily getting 12-15 goals as stokes main forward this season. Crouch will not start ahead of him btw.

• Advertisement

Mata/fabregas
    Mata/ramsey
    Fabregas/ramsey

Depends on your other midfielders. If you already have Hazard, then Mata Ramsey. If you have Sanchez, then Mata Fabregas. If you have either or both, then Mata Ramsey, imo.

Depends on your other midfielders. If you already have Hazard, then Mata Ramsey. If you have Sanchez, then Mata Fabregas. If you have either or both, then Mata Ramsey, imo.

Ahhh! My head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

tom_k wrote: »

Any thoughts on this?

I posted in the RMT thread about B. Davies.

Vert has had no pre-season, also a doubt for me.

I was looking at Ward at 5.0 but away to Arsenal this weekend. Would people think Caulker at 5.0 at home to Hull is a better choice to start with more likely a clean sheet.

Also will Kolarov start this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,278 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Coutinho and Bojan or Mata and Zamora?

THe United fan in me wants Mata in the side, but I reckon United could be in for a rough enough season again - though I suspect Mata will be at the heart of most things good about United this season.

Coutinho has looked damn good in pre-season.

Other two big name midfielders are Sanchez and Hazard.

Bojan I'm not sure of anyway, but reckon more likely to get me points than sub Zamora.

EDIT - I could swap Hazard for Fabregas, take Mata in midfield and keep Bojan up top.... aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh

Damn you fantasy football.

Long to Saints is official now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Just realised that despite Yaya Toure's glaring unpopularity on here he still has over 20% ownership!
    If he has a poor start to the season his price could drop fast making him a viable option later in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

3-5-2 for first back of season

Begovic (Stoke)

Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
    Chambers (Arsenal)
    Blackett (Man Utd)

Mata (Man Utd)
    Hazard (Chelsea)
    Sigurdsson (Swansea)
    Henderson (Liverpool)
    Ramsey (Arsenal)

Rooney (Man Utd)
    Sturridge (Liverpool)

Ropey defence, but i've also picked subs who will play so they'll slot in if any of the above are out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

With Long off to Southampton, does that make Jelavic Hulls main man up top? Bargain at 6m?

final decision I think ........
    I've had siggy all the time in my drafts but now I've slotted Henderson in for gw1.I've no other pool player and am slightly worried they might bang a few in first week but then have 2 tough fixtures.
    meanwhile siggy has united away but then 2 home fixtures.
    my plan is to transfer him in after gw1 but these things never go to plan
    what to do?????

• Advertisement
Advertisement