Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close Security Diary in Dangerous Terrain

Options
  • 07-06-2012 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Ok as many of you know I moved to dubai recently to start my new job. I will be head of security for a well know shakai who his worth billions through his oil fields. I'll update you on day to day events without security
    being compromised.

This thread can answer a lot of questions for those who are considering a job in security abroad.

I've had a few minor run ins with the law over not wearing a tee shirt the first day I arrived.however my boss was able to save my ass (which sounds Irony when I should be saving his ass)

The weather is good its over 30 degrees today :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Is that shakai hislop or shakai khan!?

:D

Investment on duty:

tumblr_m4i49va6Qo1r0jfn8o1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Dear investment.

I have discovered hair growing on the strangest places on my body. Is this normal. Do you want to see?

Regards etc.

A Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Dear Investment,

I have been considering a career in Private Security. But I have a problem you may be able to help me with, I am a very handsome man, I also have amazing soldiering skills (honed by years of reading andy mcnabb books and watching ultimate force on repeat) and a body envied by adonis himself, a lot of traits shared by yourself. I'm worried that if I go to Muslamic country all their wimminz will be instantly wet and throw off their burkas and try have sex with me.

I know you have had a similar problem recently with roger and that incident involving the bikers and paddling pool of baby oil. What would you reccomend that I do in order to avoid offending their beliefs? As, aswell as being an awesome soldier and handsome I am sensitive and culturally aware.

Would you reccomend I avoid arsless chaps and desert boots? Or should I stick to the the standard jeans and baseball cap PSD chic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Dear Investment,

Can you please have a word with "FANTAPANTS" and "IRISHREDSTAR", who may or may not be sharing the same brain.

I think they would benefit from you and Roger "educating" them on military matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Ok men cope the fcuk on :mad::mad:...I'm giving up my time when I could be out chasing black pussey and looking around dubai and shopping

Anymore stupid questions and your post will be reported. I've been asked to write this diary after receiving lots of pm's asking how I'm getting on being a CS in dubai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bodyguard1

Just came across your thread entitled Close Security Diary in Dangerous Terrain

Firstly I think the only danger there is in that Terrain, is YOU ! I'm hoping that you are really some 16 year old Walter Mitty type character sitting in the safety of their bedroom under the Close Protection of your parents roof because if you are for real and indeed recently appointed to the position of Head of Security for some well know shaki (as you so elegantly describe yourself) I feel sorry for your client, as I think his life is in serious danger !

If you are in fact contracted to the position you describe, and this blog is for genuine, I have learned a lot about a career in security abroad that obviously their standards are extremely low as you were hired to protect a WELL KNOWN figure in Dubai who is worth Billions.

It won't be too hard for the terrorists to track down your BOSS as he will be the one with bright red Paddy not wearing a T-shirt wandering approximately 30 feet behind him with his hands in his pockets enjoying the lovely weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭twinytwo

to walter mitty with this drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Is it really called Dubai beacuse when you go there you Dubai lots of stuff 'cos its really cheap :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Is it really called Dubai beacuse when you go there you Dubai lots of stuff 'cos its really cheap :D

It is called Dubai because the irish built their oil infastructure. The Locals were so impressed, now that they had enough wealth to create an independant arab state, they were most thankful to the Irish workers, and wished to name the land in their honour.

One of the Sheiks went to an irish builder, about to depart for his less sunny home in cork and asked
    "Can I name this land after your people?"

The corkman replied...

DO BOY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Kat1170 wrote: »

It is called Dubai because the irish built their oil infastructure. The Locals were so impressed, now that they had enough wealth to create an independant arab state, they were most thankful to the Irish workers, and wished to name the land in their honour.

One of the Sheiks went to an irish builder, about to depart for his less sunny home in cork and asked
    "Can I name this land after your people?"

The corkman replied...

DO BOY!

That story has a greater ring of truth to it than the OP's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

investment wrote: »
    Ok as many of you know I moved to dubai recently to start my new job. I will be head of security for a well know shakai who his worth billions through his oil fields. I'll update you on day to day events without security
    being compromised.

This thread can answer a lot of questions for those who are considering a job in security abroad.

I've had a few minor run ins with the law over not wearing a tee shirt the first day I arrived.however my boss was able to save my ass (which sounds Irony when I should be saving his ass)

I've never been to Dubai (apart to fly through it's airport), but I have been to other parts of the UAE and to Oman further along the coast and I would observe the following from your statement........

1 - what you're doing is close protection, not close security

2 - progressive and all as the Dubai Police Force are, I doubt they'd overlook a modesty offence as you describe - also, given the importance of dresscode in the UAE, I doubt your boss would have tolerated you going shirtless for whatever reason because your behaviour reflects on him, his family and his company (and even his tribe, depending on how traditional his outlook is) - if you got lifted by the cops he would drop you quicker than soggy jocks for what would be regarded as dishonourable and disrespectful behaviour

3 - this time of year the weather is always over 30 degrees in UAE - daytime temps get well over 40 and even at night it's over 30 degrees (desert temps can top 50!)

4 - I may be wrong on this one, but I think the Al Maktoum family own all the oilfields (or perhaps the state does) and licences exploitation of them to other companies - are you claiming to work for the Dubai Royal Family?

If you are going to post crap, at least make it well researched crap......

Jawgap wrote: »
    I've never been to Dubai (apart to fly through it's airport), but I have been to other parts of the UAE and to Oman further along the coast and I would observe the following from your statement........

1 - what you're doing is close protection, not close security

2 - progressive and all as the Dubai Police Force are, I doubt they'd overlook a modesty offence as you describe - also, given the importance of dresscode in the UAE, I doubt your boss would have tolerated you going shirtless for whatever reason because your behaviour reflects on him, his family and his company (and even his tribe, depending on how traditional his outlook is) - if you got lifted by the cops he would drop you quicker than soggy jocks for what would be regarded as dishonourable and disrespectful behaviour

3 - this time of year the weather is always over 30 degrees in UAE - daytime temps get well over 40 and even at night it's over 30 degrees (desert temps can top 50!)

4 - I may be wrong on this one, but I think the Al Maktoum family own all the oilfields (or perhaps the state does) and licences exploitation of them to other companies - are you claiming to work for the Dubai Royal Family?

If you are going to post crap, at least make it well researched crap......

First off if your going to post shoite about me here get your facts right or I'll put another gap in your jaw.

I'm in dubai working and I could not give a fcuk about you..sitting a home on the dole. While I live the dream

This is a diary not an inquire you MOG:mad::mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

being compromised.

Ninja%20Security.jpg

"Fear not the weapon, but the hand that wields it"

First off if your going to post shoite about me here get your facts right or I'll put another gap in your jaw.

I'm in dubai working and I could not give a fcuk about you..sitting a home on the dole. While I live the dream

This is a diary not an inquire you MOG:mad::mad:

What's happening now (right now) in Dubai?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jawgap wrote: »
    What's happening now (right now) in Dubai?

Off to google "current activities in Dubai":pac::pac::pac:

Erm Sunshine??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

sitting at home on the dole. While I live in a dream

Fixed that for you

Off to google "current activities in Dubai":pac::pac::pac:

Erm Sunshine??

Wrong!!:D

Friday prayers - the place will be dead quiet until Jumu'ah ends in about 5 minutes (starts at mid-day and depending on the sermon can go on for 90 minutes or more). Today is like Sunday!

@investment is probably waiting for his boss outside the mosque and he can't tell us which mosque so the next one for him is an easy one.......

your boss' family - Shi'a or Sunni?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

awww lads lets let investment be investment.

he's much funnier when he thinks people are playing along.

we all know he's a wum, probably something along the lines of that fat kid in the airsoft gear, but its more fun when we pretend to take him seriously.

Anyway, no doubt manic will be along shortly so i'm IBTM

(in before the move)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

ok... humour me

what equipment are you carrying when on close protection,

are you armed, overtly or covertly?

pistol or rifle or both?

with what weapon if you ARE armed?

what kind of holster,

have you body armour,

how many rounds are you carrying?

have you done and defensive driving courses?

what level of protection does the vehicle offer?

what kind of vehicle is it?

etc

Morphéus wrote: »
    ok... humour me

what equipment are you carrying when on close protection,

are you armed, overtly or covertly?

pistol or rifle or both?

with what weapon if you ARE armed?

what kind of holster,

have you body armour,

how many rounds are you carrying?

have you done and defensive driving courses?

what level of protection does the vehicle offer?

what kind of vehicle is it?

etc

What kind of nonsense questions are those :D - the only question that matters for close protection personnel is......

.........Oakleys or Ray Bans

@investment, I suggest you read this before posting further......

51a5JLTg4EL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-52,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Harry Bosch.

Lad's, i think i know who it is! Its Frank Framer from "The Bodyguard". Since Whitney Houston passed away this chap is obviously in demand!!

Diary 2

Ok I finished for the night its 10 to 10 and i'm ****ed the weather is warm and the days are long

I think I should be clear on my role ...I drive for my boss and I offer close protection. I have the skills required for this course. I got this job through roger who has been in the business for over 10 years

I get paid every month so I'm living on the money I brough over. Its no that expensive as I get my meals 4 times a day and I have a house near the front gate for free. I work 16 hour days and I get paid 60Dirhams an hour

I only have the one incident today which involved driving up a one way street because the signs were in arabic. The police were on my back within seconds and pulled us over. They would not accept my Irish drivers license and I need a UAE licence and they would not let me drive the skake home...so they we were shake and myself sitting on the side of the road waiting for his bulter to get a taxi and drive us home....I got some filty looks on the way home would be an under statement:rolleyes:

I'm meeting up with roger sunday and we are going on a pussy patrol so hopefully I get some photos up next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Watch your back man !!!! and remember to drink as much beer as you can that heat can be a killer !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Diary 2

Ok I finished for the night its 10 to 10 and i'm ****ed the weather is warm and the days are long

I think I should be clear on my role ...I drive for my boss and I offer close protection. I have the skills required for this course. I got this job through roger who has been in the business for over 10 years

I get paid every month so I'm living on the money I brough over. Its no that expensive as I get my meals 4 times a day and I have a house near the front gate for free. I work 16 hour days and I get paid 60Dirhams an hour

I only have the one incident today which involved driving up a one way street because the signs were in arabic. The police were on my back within seconds and pulled us over. They would not accept my Irish drivers license and I need a UAE licence and they would not let me drive the skake home...so they we were shake and myself sitting on the side of the road waiting for his bulter to get a taxi and drive us home....I got some filty looks on the way home would be an under statement:rolleyes:

I'm meeting up with roger sunday and we are going on a pussy patrol so hopefully I get some photos up next week

:eek: you dont say.....

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Diary 2

What balarney,I had a good laugh at least.
    investment having spent a few years in the middle east I can tell you that no police officer would dare to leave a sheik at the side of the road,also its next to impossible for them to be pulled over as they have a diplomatic number plate.
    How in the hell would you be hired without the proper papers,as I have a cousin in this industry I am going to cut this short as I know a bit abput the protocol of hiring for these roles,can you enlighten us to your military background or what qualifies you to protect the royals in Dubai.
    Would that be Roger Melly the man on the telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tekken

Right im a long time lurker here.

60 Emirati Dirham is 13 Euro an hour...... Absolute spoof merchant.

The girls on the checkout in dunnes are on nearly that....... but your getting 13 Euro an hour to do close protection for a sheikh thats a billionaire.
    Someone would want to tell blackwater (xe) that their paying to much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

To people who are unaware of Investment's previous work he's either one of 2

1) Mentally deluded and living in a fantasy realm
    2) Some kid taking the piss with ridiculous stories, spoofs and claims.

Personally I think it could be 1. It's seem to have gone beyond the point of it being a pisstake at this stage.

.......so they we were shake and myself sitting on the side of the road ........

Chocolate or strawberry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

OP said it was 10 to 10 yet you posted @ 1929hrs...2hr time difference to Dubai which means it should have been 2129hrs. Your watch is knackered.

4 meals a day? 2nd breakfast? are you a Hobbit?

Don't even know why I'm posting the guy is nuts, still good fun though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Tekken

I can't wait to hear what kind of crazy wild adventures they get upto

Advertisement