Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Monk's were the first class to have pruning done to them. They were created with abilities for the right job no real fluff.

I am not sure what they are like since the changes but i had to say i liked them and it helped that if you leveled from 1-90 they had class specific quests the only ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kasumi_Goto

Monk is my main and my favorite one. Haven't noticed any greater changes to them...yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Monks are enjoyable to heal with but i never liked their dps or tanking spec at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think i'll stick with my Pally for now, as he was my first character back when i started. I enjoyed the class through Mists, and i definitely want to see the lore from an Alliance pov, so it was between him and my Warlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

must, resist, returning...

Ill wait until WoD, play it a bit and then work on my final year project! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lads, don't resub just for this patch if you've already played during MoP. It's the exact same thing with about 2 hours of new gloss over it all. Come back in WoD and enjoy a new game.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Lads, don't resub just for this patch if you've already played during MoP. It's the exact same thing with about 2 hours of new gloss over it all. Come back in WoD and enjoy a new game.

I dunno,it really depends of when people quit MOP.
    For example i quit early so coming back now is great,timeless isle alone is enough to get decent gear and be somewhat ready for WOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I went back to pick up some old gear for transmog from UBRS and also to tame the spectral boar in RFK. Bit bored now that I've done the event quests!

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I went back to pick up some old gear for transmog from UBRS and also to tame the spectral boar in RFK. Bit bored now that I've done the event quests!

Where do you play that your bored? i solo'd BWD lastnight, currently trying to solo Ulduar 25man and have a few guild events in between.

Lots going on right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Calhoun wrote: »
    Where do you play that your bored? i solo'd BWD lastnight, currently trying to solo Ulduar 25man and have a few guild events in between.

Lots going on right now.

Ah my guild hasnt really gotten going again yet so its quite quiet in my circles. Tamed Chimaeron earlier which was good fun. Probably will spend the next week soloing old raids and catching up on professions.

• Advertisement

Didn't see this early, this takes into account folk only doing dailies and stuff which is true but if you open your mind there is loads to do.

I pvp allot so getting an understanding of change to classes is key, soloing old raids is now very doable. Tonight I did firelands 10 man solo, so I can do hc next week for the mount, nexus ,vault of archavon , ulduar 25 man ect . In addition I did some pet hunting to get some rare hydras and other stuff .

So lots to do if you up for it .

I'm enjoying the changes to healing, even at lower levels (lvl50 ish). I actually have to cast spells quickly now, and not just use the odd renew. Also, loving the bonus objectives in repeated runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Gave in and resubbed last night. Oh well here goes nothing. Any good servers out there if I reroll???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,268 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Glebee wrote: »
    Gave in and resubbed last night. Oh well here goes nothing. Any good servers out there if I reroll???

Argent dawn is one of the most populated servers. I quite like it :)

Come to Tarren Mill. :)

Levelling a rogue at the moment. Very enjoyable as combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I rolled a druid for WOD, at 90 now and very sorry with my choice of class. Don't like any spec, I used to love resto but its a bit boring now tbh.
    I also used my pre-order boost on a shaman, I just about like ele but I hate resto and ench :/

I think ill roll a paladin again for old times sake, my first and by far my favourite class sense vanilla.
    Feels like the hardest choice of my life xD

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

killanena wrote: »
    I rolled a druid for WOD, at 90 now and very sorry with my choice of class. Don't like any spec, I used to love resto but its a bit boring now tbh.
    I also used my pre-order boost on a shaman, I just about like ele but I hate resto and ench :/

I think ill roll a paladin again for old times sake, my first and by far my favourite class sense vanilla.

I know your pain!
    That's why i decided to stick with my pala and priest to avoid incoming headaches xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

If you look under referals and rewards you should all have 7 days free availble if you arent currently subbed.

85-90 seems way faster since 6.0 hit. Got my Rogue from 85 to nearly 89 in a few hours today (granted, im on rested, but still)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Kiith wrote: »
    85-90 seems way faster since 6.0 hit. Got my Rogue from 85 to nearly 89 in a few hours today (granted, im on rested, but still)

It is way faster. Lvled my priest and pala in no time by doing quests and dungeons.

Still have the boost in case i decide to roll something new,

I'm on LS at the moment.

• Advertisement

I spent all day doing some of the old raids i never got around to. Mount Hyjal was brilliant, and i'd love to have gotten through it with a group when it had been released. Kind of hilarious killing Archimonde in about 5 seconds with a solo Rogue right now though :)

Can't manage Blackwing Lair though. Razorgore just dies too quickly now, and apparently it's not really soloable since 6.0

Yeah the old raids are great for transmogs,im kinda addicted to transmogs at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

I soent all day doing some of the old raids i never got around to. Mount Hyjal was brilliant, and i'd love to have gotten through it with a group when it had been released. Kind of hilarious killing Archimonde in about 5 seconds with a solo Rogue right now though :)

Can't manage Blackwing Lair though. Razorgore just dies too quickly now, and apparently it's not really soloable since 6.0

Snap, being doing the exact same thing. Going back over old content that I missed on my Rogue..

My first character in wow was a human warrir which I brough to about 70 till I stopped him for some reason. Think I might reroll one..

I soent all day doing some of the old raids i never got around to. Mount Hyjal was brilliant, and i'd love to have gotten through it with a group when it had been released. Kind of hilarious killing Archimonde in about 5 seconds with a solo Rogue right now though :)

His HP is getting a buff, if you look at MMO champion they have an update on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

killanena wrote: »

What's resto like post 6.00 patch? I was reading a thread in the forums the other day that healing has become really difficult ie even keeping tanks alive on trash mobs is hard however I don't know how much of that is just whining because healing might no longer be afk button pressing or if there is a genuine problem.

I only ask because I was planning on returning and I used to do resto healing as a relaxing passtime :P

What's resto like post 6.00 patch? I was reading a thread in the forums the other day that healing has become really difficult ie even keeping tanks alive on trash mobs is hard however I don't know how much of that is just whining because healing might no longer be afk button pressing or if there is a genuine problem.

I only ask because I was planning on returning and I used to do resto healing as a relaxing passtime :P

Someone is lying, damaged is so messed at the moment things have never been easier.

You can do a HC (old normal) kill on garrosh in a very short period of time. UBRS is quite simple the only problem is undergeared or boosted 90 tanks not knowing what to do.

Dont get me wrong it is getting harder but not too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That's good cos I like to do some casual resto bidness. I've never been a hardcore endgame grinder so was a bit worried they had tinkered and ruined it.

I can only comment on low level healing, but my lvl55 priest is finding it much tougher to heal. It's not hard, it's just not the 1 click renew spam that it used to be. And that's a good thing.

Healing now, in full tier gear etc. is very easy.

Healing in the beta is another story. Think back to Cataclysm dungeons. There'll be a lot of dying and wiping going on in dungeons until people start to get the gear together.

All in all I would say that the difficulty of each role has remained the same, but the effort the player must put in to paying attention to fight mechanics has gone up dramatically. 9/10 it's going to be someone making a mistake on a fight that will result in death, not a player unable to heal.

• Advertisement

Healing now, in full tier gear etc. is very easy.

Healing in the beta is another story. Think back to Cataclysm dungeons. There'll be a lot of dying and wiping going on in dungeons until people start to get the gear together.

All in all I would say that the difficulty of each role has remained the same, but the effort the player must put in to paying attention to fight mechanics has gone up dramatically. 9/10 it's going to be someone making a mistake on a fight that will result in death, not a player unable to heal.

Well to be fair the MOP dungeons when they first came out were hardish as in you had to pay attention. The difference was they never scaled them with the gear levels and they became meaningless.

Advertisement