Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 threegreen

Nop. I pass the medical on 1st April. After medical i can't do more. I have no problem on garda vetting check, and the references are all good. So i think it is just a period of time until i will

Love the confidence, I just hope they don't disappoint you!!

Job offer......you little dixie. Woooohooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Sisco14

threegreen wrote: »

Well done!!enjoy the feeling, its great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 blackduck38

Well done. See you soon hahahhaha

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dubpeter

threegreen wrote:

Post or phone call? Whats the next stage in process for you. Best of luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bena100

I got an offer today too. Delighted! Best of luck to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 halimc220

Hi all,

Do I need previous Bus experience to get a job with Dublin Bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

halimc220 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Do I need previous Bus experience to get a job with Dublin Bus?

You need a licence and cpc.

dubpeter wrote: »
    Post or phone call? Whats the next stage in process for you. Best of luck with it

Thanks pal. Phone call. As far as I'm aware it's 2 weeks training in phibsboro. What stage are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 halimc220

You need a licence and cpc.

Ofcourse I have both of them but I don't have previous experience, I heard other people failed after interview because they have no previous experience or they have recently passed D driver licence.

• Advertisement

threegreen wrote:
    Thanks pal. Phone call. As far as I'm aware it's 2 weeks training in phibsboro. What stage are you at?

Still waitimg to hear back after medical. They had to talk to my gp

I got the job :D

halimc220 wrote: »
    Ofcourse I have both of them but I don't have previous experience, I heard other people failed after interview because they have no previous experience or they have recently passed D driver licence.

If you fit there driving needs then that is not a problem.

A lot failed on driving and have been driving buses for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Well done. How long between your medical and getting offer?

Andrew33 wrote: »

For me it was 14 days. Good luck

For me it was 14 days. Good luck

Heading for three weeks now.

Andrew33 wrote:
    Heading for three weeks now.

Im in the same boat pal.

dubpeter wrote: »
    Im in the same boat pal.
    Got a phone call less than an hour ago.
    Starting in mid May.
    Hopefully you'll hear soon.

Exactly 2 weeks pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fazzio

Hi all, hope u are all well,

Got the call 2 days ago with the job offer :)

Have to say - a bit concern about all outsourcing and strike, don't get me wrong I am over the moon that I got in but... scared I changed a job last time in 2008 and things as you all know went very south back then .. now I am 7 years with current employer no future there but "safe" and well established (shifts, very old contract, redundancy if things go wrong) Its only last two years since things got better and 7 years ago I went trough hell as the "last one in, first one out" Afraid of this happening again.

In other words - if I was a private body hired to manage the 10% of DB routes, I wanna have those recently hired drivers that are on low money and are easy do let go (little or no redundancy) all with in the law. Not strait away - in year or two ... and get cheap staff some with forged licenses .... I have seen it happen...

And again, happy to get onboard , wanted to work for CIE for long time, just bit affraid, thats all - new morgage doesn't help with the decision either :)

What you all think ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

Just got the call for an aptitude text next week, fingers crossed it will go ok.

Fazzio wrote: »
    Hi all, hope u are all well,

Got the call 2 days ago with the job offer :)

Have to say - a bit concern about all outsourcing and strike, don't get me wrong I am over the moon that I got in but... scared I changed a job last time in 2008 and things as you all know went very south back then .. now I am 7 years with current employer no future there but "safe" and well established (shifts, very old contract, redundancy if things go wrong) Its only last two years since things got better and 7 years ago I went trough hell as the "last one in, first one out" Afraid of this happening again.

In other words - if I was a private body hired to manage the 10% of DB routes, I wanna have those recently hired drivers that are on low money and are easy do let go (little or no redundancy) all with in the law. Not strait away - in year or two ... and get cheap staff some with forged licenses .... I have seen it happen...

And again, happy to get onboard , wanted to work for CIE for long time, just bit affraid, thats all - new morgage doesn't help with the decision either :)

What you all think ?

I think 7 yrs with current employer is worth thinking about.
    As you say, you could be with Dublin bus a year and get tossed out. Who knows!

I think 7 yrs with current employer is worth thinking about.
    As you say, you could be with Dublin bus a year and get tossed out. Who knows!

Other think just came back to me, DB did this back in 2009, laid off new staff after a year, topic is around board.ie as well

Other think just came back to me, DB did this back in 2009, laid off new staff after a year, topic is around board.ie as well

Do you have the link to that tread? Find it hard to believe

They never got let go though.

They put them on the 4day late that's where that came out of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭dublinstevie

Roughly 300 drivers retiring within the next year so i would doubt very much Dublin Bus be letting anyone go after taking them on.

So maybe I should be more optimistic than , forgive my concerns , i think I am just wrecked by what happend to me few years back , i worked for free to keep the job in private company and all sorts of things way way out of job description.

Back to happy then, see you mid may :)

Do you have the link to that tread? Find it hard to believe

I am a new user so cant post urls and links but it comes up in google if you type topic + boards.ie

witch is:

Dublin Bus Bleak future unemployment

again it was 6 years ago - and someone mentionet they keept jobs in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

No they didn't they did voluntary redundancy which was taken up by senior staff, no guarantees but it is unlikely anyone will be leaving DB, that's even if the tendering goes ahead as planned, unless you want to transfer to a new operator. ( might be worth considering if you maintain your terms and conditions and get marked in on one of the routes straight away it is currently taking about 10 years in DB to get marked in.)

• Advertisement

cdebru wrote: »
    No they didn't they did voluntary redundancy which was taken up by senior staff, no guarantees but it is unlikely anyone will be leaving DB, that's even if the tendering goes ahead as planned, unless you want to transfer to a new operator. ( might be worth considering if you maintain your terms and conditions and get marked in on one of the routes straight away it is currently taking about 10 years in DB to get marked in.)
    I think they cannot leave you as a spare for longer than two years now.

Advertisement